Essendon will win the 2019 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the days of Essendon supporters overrating their list and getting ahead of themselves. They are back.

I remember fondly when their posters used to arrange their players in a row Myers, Zaharakis, Watson, Zantuck, Hooker, Hurley, Reimers...like it was some impenetrable wall comparable to the small but brave unit who took on the Persians at Thermopylae.

Obviously, Shiel is the missing link in a 15 year puzzle.

I'm buying in this year. Go Bombers!!!!

We went 19-6

16-6 ....regular season ...3-0 without Nic Nat gaff Shepard

I’d say that’s a great team ...dead set take your Victorian goggles off

West Coast were the best team this season but they are not a great team in any historical sense. 16-6 and 121% hardly screams juggernaut.

Enjoy your premiership and stop being so insecure. It is unbecoming.

West Coast were the best team this season but they are not a great team in any historical sense. 16-6 and 121% hardly screams juggernaut.

Enjoy your premiership and stop being so insecure. It is unbecoming.

Go back and have a look at our draw champ

Look at who we played who we had injured

Oh we are enjoying it rest assured

Essendon could win it, they are a smokey and if you get hot around the right time of the year, you only need to be the best team for 3-4 weeks of footy and not the best team for 22 games of the H&A. So I'd say they are a small chance but certainly have others ahead of them.

As I'm sure others will agree, their worst football is horrid, like bottom 4 level. They need to lift their floor and bring their worst footy to a higher standard.

Essendon could win it, they are a smokey and if you get hot around the right time of the year, you only need to be the best team for 3-4 weeks of footy and not the best team for 22 games of the H&A. So I'd say they are a small chance but certainly have others ahead of them.

As I'm sure others will agree, their worst football is horrid, like bottom 4 level. They need to lift their floor and bring their worst footy to a higher standard.

The thing about Essendon is their best footy looks great. But they can only play their best footy when the opposition allows them to. And the best teams do not allow them to - especially in September (I accept this is a bit of a guess as there isn’t much evidence)

Bookmark this, they will win it all in 2019 their midfield is looking very good now that Shiel is going there. They have a pretty good forward line and their back half can do the job.

They had a very handy midfield in 2018 and now with Shiel he will be the final piece of the puzzle, watch out for Essendon.

I love this . It’ll just make the disappointment even the more sweet . With Sideways Saad and Swandiver Shiel the Dons forwards have no chance of getting quick ball to joe Daniher . Keep talking it up , I’ve bookmarked thus comment ! I shall return !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Essendon win trade week, the season proper, not so much.

I reckon they were reckless paying 2 first rounders for an ok midfielder . If Shiel is worth 2 first rounders , then Cripps Franklin Martin etc must be worth 5 first round picks if they wanted our . They must win the flag in 2019 to justify . Recklessl.

I love this . It’ll just make the disappointment even the more sweet . With Sideways Saad and Swandiver Shiel the Dons forwards have no chance of getting quick ball to joe Daniher . Keep talking it up , I’ve bookmarked thus comment ! I shall return !!

I dont think the OP is gonna be disappointed as a carlton fan methinks

But I appreciate his enthusiasm about our prospects
I think you'll find very few essendon fans thinking we will the flag in 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t win it next year. At absolute worst we must win a final and from there who knows with a bit of luck.
I’m hoping our moves we are making now though are setting us up for a few years at the pointy end and hopefully we can nick one

Essendon fans thought they were top 4 material with a sneaky chance of the premiership when they got Stringer and Smith :$:$:$:$:$:$

10-4 after Neeld got the boot, the four losses to top four teams, three of which they were right in it in the last quarter. They without a doubt played like a top four team after Neeld got the boot (see: comfortable wins over Geelong, West Coast (away), GWS (away), and Port (away)). Without Daniher at all, Gleeson at all, Parish and Fantasia missing a fair bit of footy, Francis not coming in until the last few games...I’d say they did very very well to win 12 games after one of the worst starts to a season you’ll ever see - they beat Freo, Dogs, and Carlton and they’re just about top four.

tl;dr thanks Mark Neeld

The problem with the bombers is they seem to lack mental application. Very good side when under no pressure and not expected to win, when they can just have a go and see what happens, like the second half of the year. However, when under any sort of pressure or expectation, (first half 2018) and games against weaker opposition, they tend to misfire.

This has been a problem for the last few years. They tend to drop way too many games they shouldnt. I think they have the talent and balance (maybe still lack a pure inside bull), but their experience players need to stand up and lead the team like they should.

Oh the days of Essendon supporters overrating their list and getting ahead of themselves. They are back.

I remember fondly when their posters used to arrange their players in a row Myers, Zaharakis, Watson, Zantuck, Hooker, Hurley, Reimers...like it was some impenetrable wall comparable to the small but brave unit who took on the Persians at Thermopylae.

Obviously, Shiel is the missing link in a 15 year puzzle.

I'm buying in this year. Go Bombers!!!!
Please, we never do that.

Anyway, who can stop this forward line?
Reimers Gumbleton Dyson
A.Davey Neagle L Jetta

Lock us in for the flag. Gumby is the next Riewoldt.

They might actually. This person correctly predicted the next 3 premiers back in October of 2015.

The new up coming gameplans which will come and win the new premierships are those of the Dogs, Eagles, Tigers, Suns and Bombers, they have not performed well against these teams this year. If they don't come up with something to beat these teams next year the gap will increase between them and Port.

And that pick 2 from GWS. PICK 2.

Don’t forget him. Surely he is about to tear the competition apart?

Injury trolling. Nice.

They might actually. This person correctly predicted the next 3 premiers back in October of 2015.

True. Essendon may well be just behind GCS for a flag.

Injury trolling. Nice.

True. Essendon may well be just behind GCS for a flag.
Yes. It was all injuries that mad him not play at Hawthorn. Not the 51 VFL games he played there to 12 AFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back