Traded Jordan Roughead [traded to Collingwood for pick 75]

Remove this Banner Ad

It seemed an opportune time to revisit your comments.

Do you have a cogent response?

Sure. Your argument then was laughably stupid, remains so and you’ve not added anything since.

Would have thought you’d have forgotten about the lashes you took, after winning a premiership. I’d forgotten about dishing them out.

Sure. Your argument then was laughably stupid, remains so and you’ve not added anything since.
Apart from Vardy having a good finals series and the Bulldogs trading Roughead for less than Geelong traded Vardy.

But sure, Roughead. Massive upgrade. Tell that one again, champ.

Would have thought you’d have forgotten about the lashes you took, after winning a premiership. I’d forgotten about dishing them out.
See above.

Apart from Vardy having a good finals series and the Bulldogs trading Roughead for less than Geelong traded Vardy.

But sure, Roughead. Massive upgrade. Tell that one again, champ.

See above.

Ah, 'champ', the crutch of the floundering.

So, the consideration given for players years apart is your new argument that one is better than the other? That's an incredibly feeble return on a month of stewing. And your effort was already funny without the 'good finals series' bit.

Allow me to paraphrase Lionel Hutz's rhetorical question to the jury after Marge Simpson recalls from the stand that she and Homer went fishing after leaving The Frying Dutchman's 'all you can eat' buffet.

Do you sound like a man that genuinely believes his argument isn't stupid?

So, the consideration given for players years apart is your new argument that one is better than the other?
What's your argument that Roughead would have been a major upgrade?

The Dogs sure as hell don't rate him.

That's an incredibly feeble return on a month of stewing. And your effort was already funny without the 'good finals series' bit.
Tell me again how Roughead would be a major upgrade on Vardy.

The Dogs don't appear to think so, having shipped Roughead out for pick 75. Basically free to a good home.

And yeah, Vardy did have a decent finals series. Maybe you weren't watching.

Think this is a good pickup for the pies. Decent backup in the ruck and a break glass in case of emergency defender. With a fully fit Collingwood side I don't see him playing too many games but with a few injuries he's ready made to come in and perform a role.

What's your argument that Roughead would have been a major upgrade?

The Dogs sure as hell don't rate him.

Tell me again how Roughead would be a major upgrade on Vardy.

The Dogs don't appear to think so, having shipped Roughead out for pick 75. Basically free to a good home.

And yeah, Vardy did have a decent finals series. Maybe you weren't watching.

lol

Pick 75 has nothing to do with how much the club rated him. Roughead was headed to Collingwood as a Free Agent, but the Pies realized this, and did not want to affect the pick they received for Fasolo as compensation should Roughead have signed on. Likely they reached out to the Bulldogs and both teams agreed to a trade down the track involving a late pick. It was more of a trade of goodwill than anything, just to get Roughead there.

Just like we Traded Travis Cloke for pick 76

Think this is a good pickup for the pies. Decent backup in the ruck and a break glass in case of emergency defender. With a fully fit Collingwood side I don't see him playing too many games but with a few injuries he's ready made to come in and perform a role.

Remember people saying the Same when Dunn was traded in but he came a very Important KPD when he came in because of Injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughie is not quick enough or mobile enough to play at KPD. I guess they need to see it for themselves.

Guess it be Found out During the Pre-Season.

Guess he could be KPF/Ruck and Leave Cox as Permanent KPF/FF then be a Plan?

Yeah, ruck/forward would be a better option. I thought he and Boyd would be a great ruck/forward combo but sadly both of them have gone backwards at a rate of knots since the GF.
He can sit in a hole and take up space.
Scotty Wynd style?

He definitely looks like a ruck when playing KPD/KPF roles. Doesn't have the pace or mobility required but as an emergency backup he's fine. He'd be better up forward if he could nail his set shots.

As far as denialist efforts go, this is idiotic even by BigFooty standards. It must be evident to you that your position is trash when you have to put this many caveats on it? Even worse: perhaps it actually isn’t?

Roughead is a better ruckman than Vardy because the game doesn’t stop once log Vardy lets the ball bounce off his lumbering melon in the vague direction of the opposition midfielders. But once that happens, he offers less than almost every other ruckman. And he only manages to do that 3 more times than a game Roughead. You’ve made such a dumb argument and you know it.

Why don’t you have another crack at it Kaveat King? Maybe you could even string a paragraph together? Or some new gem like ‘Nathan Vardy has had exactly 23 hitouts in Sunday twilight games one more time than Roughead so he’s better derperp’.

Keep the laughs coming KK!..
Actually your post is a really good laugh.
Roughead's only competent rucking pedigree is prior to the 3rd man up rule changes. Vardy is a very competent ruck, your abuse notwithstanding.

Roughead is better than Vardy.

Vardy’s 15-23 hitouts a game isn’t nearly enough to offset that he’s as mobile as a pine tree and about as useful as one at ground level.

Roughead is a slight downgrade on Lycett, who has become massively overrated due to the seller’s market for rucks.

Well those 2 was a Huge Reason why they won the Flag as the Stopped Gawn and Grundy's Influence in the Prelim and Grand Final's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back