QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The real question is will Sandgate get off the bottom in 2019. If so who will finish last

This begs the question that the relegation system should also apply for the QAFL as well as I’m sure Maroochydore would win more games than Sandgate and on the flip side Sandgate would knock on the door of the 5 in divy 1

Knock on the door of the 5?

they'd be top 4.

Agree Thommo there’s a big gap in standard QAFL to a Div 1.

Plus the sunny coast teams are all in that comp get great crowds to their local derby games and play gf and win premierships. Why on earth would they want to come up to QAFL travel 2 hours (minimum) down the road and get pummeled by PBC?

the gap from Div 1 to Div 2 is probably bigger than the gap from Qafl to Div 1

However, Sandgate would be a chance of winning Div 1, not just knocking on the door of finals.

Agree Thommo there’s a big gap in standard QAFL to a Div 1.

Plus the sunny coast teams are all in that comp get great crowds to their local derby games and play gf and win premierships. Why on earth would they want to come up to QAFL travel 2 hours (minimum) down the road and get pummeled by PBC?
That’s a great point and the most revelant premier,only discussing it at ctee meeting last night.the logistics just are overwhelming,we would need considerable financial assistance from league to make it viable.would love Sandgate and say grange in our qfa div 1 comp which would strengthen it considerably and nth brisy teams so the travel fine.the rivalries we have with mdore and Caloundra are fantastic and local footy is the winner.whilst we haven’t won a flag since 2011, we have been in 3 grand finals in the past 5 yrs which is exciting and our supporter base is happy.both on and off the ground our footy club is super competitive and sustainable and whilst at present we may be a big fish in a small pond we are comfortable with that. And yes Sandgate would be really competitive a great addition to our comp imo.i know the powers to be of aflq are concerned about the standard of the qafl and want sunny coast representation, we are not ready for the transition just yet

9 teams just isn't enough

the QAFL would be stronger if all 3 of Noosa, Maroochy and Noosa went up.

a 12 team QAFL would be great.

However, don't think all 3 clubs are ready just yet and would likely prop up the ladder if they all came at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However, don't think all 3 clubs are ready just yet and would likely prop up the ladder if they all came at once.

I actually think a 8 team qafl would be better to centralise the talent. Possibly in 2021 u then have aspley and Redlands come back to really strengthen it up. If Sandgate came into div 1 then it beefs up this comp and if the better players from Sandgate went to gorillas then it pulls them up too.

Caloundra certainly isn’t ready or willing Fan

I actually think a 8 team qafl would be better to centralise the talent. Possibly in 2021 u then have aspley and Redlands come back to really strengthen it up. If Sandgate came into div 1 then it beefs up this comp and if the better players from Sandgate went to gorillas then it pulls them up too.
Sensible comment, and right on the money imo

]

don't like it. 8 teams isn't enough for an elite comp and you have 5 of 8 playing finals. More than half the teams playing finals is absurd

The perfect comp IMO is 10 teams, home and away 18 rounds, final 5. Problem is we don’t have that many competitive clubs.

If Sandgate want to stay , they should. If they want to go down, I’m of the view an 8 team comp would be ok. Final 4.

Probably go 18 rounds and reduce travel up and down the M1 where possible by having extra local derbies

The perfect comp IMO is 10 teams, home and away 18 rounds, final 5. Problem is we don’t have that many competitive clubs.

If Sandgate want to stay , they should. If they want to go down, I’m of the view an 8 team comp would be ok. Final 4.

Probably go 18 rounds and reduce travel up and down the M1 where possible by having extra local derbies

10 is ideal but not necessary - I think Sandgate should drop out - better for them as a club - still have Grange North.
I say this with full knowledge that Surfers may be faced with the same prospect if Neafl clubs come back into Qafl over next few years.
16 games is fine with Coast/Brissy teams playing two teams 3 times. Final 4 essential with 8 teams less byes.

QAFL is not a state league comp - AFL then NEAFL then QAFL - really its a Premier Suburban Competition. The NEAFL is the State League in QLD.

Hearing a number of candidates for Cats coaching job - Ex Surfers coach and PBC asssistant?
In my opinion if Cotter wanted to coach would be a good option also. A surfers boy at heart!!

10 is ideal but not necessary - I think Sandgate should drop out - better for them as a club - still have Grange North.
I say this with full knowledge that Surfers may be faced with the same prospect if Neafl clubs come back into Qafl over next few years.
16 games is fine with Coast/Brissy teams playing two teams 3 times. Final 4 essential with 8 teams less byes.

QAFL is not a state league comp - AFL then NEAFL then QAFL - really its a Premier Suburban Competition. The NEAFL is the State League in QLD.

Hearing a number of candidates for Cats coaching job - Ex Surfers coach and PBC asssistant?
In my opinion if Cotter wanted to coach would be a good option also. A surfers boy at heart!!

I heard one of your assistants has got the Broadbeach job?

Actually didn’t catch his name , just heard he was an assistant at Surfers this season, you seem to have a lot of inside knowledge of Broadbeach so do tell?

I also heard Coomera’s coach has gone to Surfers in some coaching capacity

Ablett,,, your source must know who he is... so dont tell me you didnt catch his name !!!!
I have heard nothing from within the club as to who is on the list as the next coach. !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back