FTA-TV Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Remove this Banner Ad

She looks a bit like she practices voodoo.
:p
The looks straight through people, it’s creepy

What do ya mean, practices voodoo? What do ya mean, looks straight through people?

2jalsbc.jpg

Little Miss Bossy Boots gone. Yay! So salty. So, so salty. Nice to see Elizabeth in her bikini again. :eek:
Its weird because she didn't seem to be the bossy one before, but that may just be because she was overshadowed by the bossiness of Natalie and Angelina

lol at more crying over someone leaving the game this early into the game - the Goliaths didn't even know her :rolleyes:

And the quicker Gabby leaves the better - I don't need to see her crying with self doubt every damn episode

And the quicker Gabby leaves the better - I don't need to see her crying with self doubt every damn episode

I think that's going to be the prevailing view of most people, but I dunno... there's something about her. I don't know if it's the bits of myself I see in her, or if it's how much reminds me of an old girlfriend - but man I was really happy for her when she led them to the challenge win.

Ugh. Should've voted off the Trump voter. Natalia was nice to look at. Can see why Alec did it. If he gets to the merge it pays off.

Natalie didn't learn anything from the previous week. Wish purple went to Tribal Council instead and got rid of her.

Would've liked to see green tribe enjoying the reward for a couple minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh. Should've voted off the Trump voter. Natalia was nice to look at. Can see why Alec did it. If he gets to the merge it pays off.

Natalie didn't learn anything from the previous week. Wish purple went to Tribal Council instead and got rid of her.

Would've liked to see green tribe enjoying the reward for a couple minutes.
I'm interested in your thoughts on bolded. I thought it was a very stupid play by Alec. Short term he's put himself in the minority if they go back to tribal (albeit Kara the one most likely to go given she didn't work with the David's on this week's vote). Longer term he's alienated himself from Kara and all the other Goliath's as he's now a flipper who likely can't be trusted. Sure he gets in better with the David's but that just paints a Goliath target on his back and it's far too early in the game for that. Build a resume by all means but IMO do it later in the game so you have a better chance of making it to the end. This early in the game they should just build alliances on their tribes (even after swaps as you need numbers all the way inc votes from jury if you make it) and put up with other players' flaws within their loose alliance. If it irritates you it probably irritates others and gives you something to work with later.

I'm interested in your thoughts on bolded. I thought it was a very stupid play by Alec. Short term he's put himself in the minority if they go back to tribal (albeit Kara the one most likely to go given she didn't work with the David's on this week's vote). Longer term he's alienated himself from Kara and all the other Goliath's as he's now a flipper who likely can't be trusted. Sure he gets in better with the David's but that just paints a Goliath target on his back and it's far too early in the game for that. Build a resume by all means but IMO do it later in the game so you have a better chance of making it to the end. This early in the game they should just build alliances on their tribes (even after swaps as you need numbers all the way inc votes from jury if you make it) and put up with other players' flaws within their loose alliance. If it irritates you it probably irritates others and gives you something to work with later.
-Natalia acted like she didn't trust him, Perhaps he was worried she was going to team up with Kara and Elizabeth and vote him off after Davey?
- Flipping this early wont be seen as so bad, and will give the Goliaths in the other tribes the freedom to flip as well. (much like Millenials V Gen X).
- Alec looked like he was getting pretty close with Davey, who was in an Alliance with Karl. 3 of them can team up and vote out Elizabeth next week no problem, or if they think Kara is going to betray them later in the game then vote her off instead.
- Kara has no one to turn to except Alec if she wants to survive. Better to make nice with him and just make it 3 more days/until the swap/Merge where she catches up with Dan/Angelina/Other loyal Goliaths.
- More often the Alliances and bonds you make on your swapped tribe are more important than the ones on your original tribe. Last season the final 5 were all on the same swapped tribe.

Not that I think this is some master strategy from Alec. I just think she annoyed him and thats why he flipped. But there are good and bad things to the move.

- More often the Alliances and bonds you make on your swapped tribe are more important than the ones on your original tribe. Last season the final 5 were all on the same swapped tribe.
This is the big one imo - recent time together is far more important in building trust and alliances than being forced together at the start due to the season's theme

-Natalia acted like she didn't trust him, Perhaps he was worried she was going to team up with Kara and Elizabeth and vote him off after Davey?
- Flipping this early wont be seen as so bad, and will give the Goliaths in the other tribes the freedom to flip as well. (much like Millenials V Gen X).
- Alec looked like he was getting pretty close with Davey, who was in an Alliance with Karl. 3 of them can team up and vote out Elizabeth next week no problem, or if they think Kara is going to betray them later in the game then vote her off instead.
- Kara has no one to turn to except Alec if she wants to survive. Better to make nice with him and just make it 3 more days/until the swap/Merge where she catches up with Dan/Angelina/Other loyal Goliaths.

Not that I think this is some master strategy from Alec. I just think she annoyed him and thats why he flipped. But there are good and bad things to the move.
1. Natalia acted like she didn't trust either Alec or Kara and verbalised her concerns about Kara whilst Alec was there IIRC so IMO Alec's reasons to worry about Natalia teaming up with the 2 girls were neglible.
2. If you were on the Goliath tribe why would you want to give others the freedom to flip too? It's so much easier to use the numbers you have to get to merge rather than having to build new numbers.
3. Kara could turn to Elizabeth (Natalia was concerned about how well they were getting along) just as easily as to Alec (who just left her out of the loop). Agree though better to make nice as much as possible and focus on winning immunity.
4. Kudos to producers for reasonably early tribe swap - makes for more need for social skills, scrambling, flipping etc

1. Natalia acted like she didn't trust either Alec or Kara and verbalised her concerns about Kara whilst Alec was there IIRC so IMO Alec's reasons to worry about Natalia teaming up with the 2 girls were neglible.
2. If you were on the Goliath tribe why would you want to give others the freedom to flip too? It's so much easier to use the numbers you have to get to merge rather than having to build new numbers.
3. Kara could turn to Elizabeth (Natalia was concerned about how well they were getting along) just as easily as to Alec (who just left her out of the loop). Agree though better to make nice as much as possible and focus on winning immunity.
4. Kudos to producers for reasonably early tribe swap - makes for more need for social skills, scrambling, flipping etc
But then when you get to the merge and its a 9-4 swap, Some of the 4 will slide through the cracks and go much farther than they should have because they have made good relationships on the swapped tribes and the huge tribe destroys itself. The players who best use the minority members do better than those that shut themselves off to half the competitiors.

I don't think we will see a no swap season ever again. Redemption Island and SoPa were awful because of it, HvV was dull post merge. Samoa is the exception because of Russell.

But then when you get to the merge and its a 9-4 swap, Some of the 4 will slide through the cracks and go much farther than they should have because they have made good relationships on the swapped tribes and the huge tribe destroys itself. The players who best use the minority members do better than those that shut themselves off to half the competitiors.

I don't think we will see a no swap season ever again. Redemption Island and SoPa were awful because of it, HvV was dull post merge. Samoa is the exception because of Russell.

Agree with bolded but I think the trick is to form the relationships with the minority without overly locking yourself into an alliance with them like Alec has too soon. (Or by too strongly turning your back on original alliance/tribe.)

Curious move by Alec so early.

That tribe now has a really weird dynamic between the 5.

Davie and Carl will be a solid two you would think.

Alec has just burned Kara something shocking so no trust there.

Davie threw Elizabeth under the bus to try to save himself early in the tribal which you wouldn't think would endear him to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth and Kara bonded early but Elizabeth will be aware after the vote that Kara had no intention of actually working with her.

I guess it probably ends up men v women or all in against Kara going forward on that tribe.

What is Alec's next move? Do you think he even thought about that?

They should be decent in challenges at least so maybe they avoid tribal for a bit.

4 episodes of RHAP to binge now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back