Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 6 - It begins. (cont in pt 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
No we can’t - that’s obvious
The question is why the **** do you or anyone need to arbiter every one of these exchange
If you apply that logic consistently your head will explode
You really need to look up PC...

You're arguing for it, but are pointing out that you don't think anyone should support it...

Being PC is obvious, but anyone who is PC is wrong...?

You're arguing for it, but are pointing out that you don't think anyone should support it...

A lot of what the anti-PC brigade regard as "political correctness" is just measures aiming at stopping people being dicks to others.

I am not sure why anyone would even argue against that, unless they are actually in favour of people being dicks to others.........

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of what the anti-PC brigade regard as "political correctness" is just measures aiming at stopping people being dicks to others.

I am not sure why anyone would even argue against that, unless they are actually in favour of people being dicks to others.........
I know I have probably posted this before, but its a great clip

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yes
A person insults another in an inappropriate way.
And the entire culture feels it is important for them to drop a piano onto the perpetrator.

It *en unbelievable

Why this injustice needs to be so heavily defended but far more important things ignored.

It’s insane

We get more worked up about some slight then we do over a dozen royal commissions

I couldn’t give a hoot if some one is offended

It’s probably good for them to grow the duck up

It’s prefecture gone insane

Yes
And the entire culture feels it is important for them to drop a piano onto the perpetrator.

It ****en unbelievable

Why this injustice needs to be so heavily defended but far more important things ignored.

It’s insane

We get more worked up about some slight then we do over a dozen royal commissions

But that isn’t a recipe for a healthy society.

So you don't get offended yourself?

And what if someone close to you got offended? Do you give a hoot then?

It’s a recipe for a society full of cry babies, neurotics lacking backbone or self esteem.
It infantilises all of us.
Your manliness is palpable! But the whiney tone ruins it for you.

You need to act a lot cooler if you want the babes.

Keep working on it though, you’re showing promise.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Your manliness is palpable! But the whiney tone ruins it for you.

You need to act a lot cooler if you want the babes.

Keep working on it though, you’re showing promise.
The tone is irrelevant
It’s the resilience which is critical
Pain is part of life - it is neither possible or desirable to eliminate it entirely.
Perhaps one day when we have learnt to avoid serious emotional and physical pain, death, poverty et all - perhaps then we don’t ever need to become adults and we can eradicate nasty words too.
Until such time - we need to each learn to stand up for ourselves - fight our own battles and become fully functioning adults who are equipped to deal with the devastation caused by nasty words.

And stop infantalising ourselves

Those who exploit and corrupt our culture rely on our weakness

And we do no favor to those who we save from uncomfortable
word exchanges.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes
That's not PC.

'Insults appropriately'. How often have you claimed TDS on people who call Trump an idiot?....
You're the one who brought up PC you [appropriate insult], stop ignoring the other important things.
You specifically get more worked up about the postings of some random on the internet, than you do about the US President...

You want chaos to reign for the lols/improvement. But you're fighting against a less insulting society. You've no idea what's important to you.
It’s a recipe for a society full of cry babies
Waaah PC gone mad, Waaah it's all PC's fault.

Of course I do - and I will handle it myself
I certainly don’t need protection from words
Toughen up pussy cat
Gee, if you get offended yourself you're just as soft as anyone. And here was I thinking you were man enough to take an insult, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.52fdd858cd79

Lol truly the Orwellian President. Relies entirely on doublethink by his supporters to spew his nonsense.

"I want to protect protections for pre-existing conditions"..........despite trying to pass legislation removing the protections and supporting a lawsuit trying to remove them.

"I want to protect Medicare and the Dems want to destroy it".......despite supporting budget measures that took a hatchet to Medicare and the Dems wanting to expand it.

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

He keeps doling out plentiful servings of bullshit and his supporters keep lapping it up and pleading for another helping.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.52fdd858cd79

Lol truly the Orwellian President. Relies entirely on doublethink by his supporters to spew his nonsense.

"I want to protect protections for pre-existing conditions"..........despite trying to pass legislation removing the protections and supporting a lawsuit trying to remove them.

"I want to protect Medicare and the Dems want to destroy it".......despite supporting budget measures that took a hatchet to Medicare and the Dems wanting to expand it.

He keeps doling out plentiful servings of bullshit and his supporters keep lapping it up and pleading for another helping.
The world's greatest con man.

Dems should keep using that line because Trump would take it as a compliment.

I've said it before, it's a cult. Pure and simple.

His supporters (cult members) have totally abandoned any capacity for critical thought and will blindly believe anything and everything Trump (leader of the cult) says.

It applies to those who support him here too.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We truly are witnessing how dictatorships rise. When people get disenfranchised they WANT to be mislead.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's not PC.

'Insults appropriately'. How often have you claimed TDS on people who call Trump an idiot?....

You're the one who brought up PC you [appropriate insult], stop ignoring the other important things.

You specifically get more worked up about the postings of some random on the internet, than you do about the US President...

You want chaos to reign for the lols/improvement. But you're fighting against a less insulting society. You've no idea what's important to you.

Waaah PC gone mad, Waaah it's all PC's fault.
The circularity of argumentation inherent in PC thought spills into all your thinking.

Me highlighting that the culture is obsessed with trivialities - therefore includes my highlight in the set of all trivial things.

This is post modern garbage
Play ground semantics
And you’ve posted it here for posterity.

You have a responsibility to your self and those who are important to you. You have no right to relinquish that responsibility. None.

Your Playing word games

You have No right to interfere in things of no concern to you
Namely prevent others from taking responsibility themselves.

This is what PC thinking is - the weak and incompetent protecting each other from responsibility.

Being human means you have the capacity and the need to be nasty - sometimes. It’s not an option. It is as much of need as is love. The appropriate nasty is words.

If you stifle that outlet you create neurotics or monsters.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was there actually a concerted effort to change language around blacks in the US or was it just a societal shift where it became taboo to use certain words over time? We have PC in our lives every day we can't just go out and call people names for nothing, you can do that but you wont last long in civilized society.

I take issue when governments use the power given to them by us to push an agenda for one group over another. Everyone has equal right to be a dickhead and everyone else has every right to consider them such. I do extend my taking issue to large organizations to a degree but private companies within their own organization can do as they like and see how it goes for them with their customers.

DNA tests don't test for ethnicity. It's the biggest con job being pushed in recent years by the ancestory orgs.

What they do is profile aspects of your DNA against sampling that has been done for each specific ethnicity

A few problems arise from this.

Firstly, sampling is only as strong as the sample size and it's level of representation. Reality is these tests develop a database through a combo of some uni research, but more and more the punters who pay for these tests. This means you are getting massive samples of some groups, weaker of others.

Secondly there is no "standard". A standard is something like a pure reference sample you can compare your test result against. Noone is pure, so we are dealing with tainted samples already.

Finally the math. Most DNA tests don't test the entire thing, only testing a small amount of it because that is all that's needed in most cases. I don't know if this pattern follows in ancestory tests, but I wouldn't be surprised. Point is, if you're only analysing part of the data your missing potential details that could be telling.

This stuff is fun, and indicative, but that's it. I personally think people treat them however as far more absolute than they actually are
I recall one of the clickbait sites had these triplets whose ancestry DNA tests gave very different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back