Multiplat Fallout 76

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here, I had thought that there was a small group that have access in sep and then the general rollout in oct.
been back on fallout 4 for the last month and getting back into the groove

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Xbone starts first and then they will slowly start letting people in the latest you should be in in mid October i believe

That last video has me cautiously optimistic
With such a large map and very few human I think the PvP will be limited and it could just work.
I'm trying to not compare it to fallout 4 cause I will just be disappointed.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at most social media comments it really just sums up most fanbases, they hate change and can’t like things for what they are. I’m excited for this same with Pokémon Let’s Go mostly because I’m embracing the games for what they are not what the fanbase thinks they should be.

If you prefer the older games then just play them, let people enjoy things for what they are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With such a large map and very few human I think the PvP will be limited and it could just work.
I'm trying to not compare it to fallout 4 cause I will just be disappointed.

I wonder if the PvP will be like Elder Scrolls Online in that both players gotta agree to butcher each other first? Being a survival game, I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit less civilised than that and more like GTA Online, where it's purely unknown whether that dot on your game map that's rapidly approaching is there to cornhole you or not.

The game world of ESO is MASSIVE, and they keep adding bits to it. I wonder if this Fallout world will be the same?

Probably because they've been slowly stripping what made the Fallout games great up until 4. My favourite parts to the Fallout games was the different ways of interacting with characters and getting different outcomes via dialogue which was replaced with illusion of choice in 4 and now 76 won't even have NPC's. I'm sure there are other things like Fallout barely being a "single" player game now since you are on a server with others. They might be great games in isolation, but they're becoming further from what made the Fallout franchise great in the first place. So you could probably understand from that point of view why there is a minority that are upset over the changes (even though change is welcome if you're not altering fundamental parts of a series). But they've gained a significant following since the release of 4 since it appeals to a lot more casual gamers so it won't be any skin off Bethesda's nose, so the outspoken minority will have to find something else or roll with the punches. Just my 2p on it.
In the end it’s Fallout 4 multiplayer, I don’t think it will have a huge baring on future games and most big gaming companies will tinker with their bigger games to see how much they can get out of it. Changes will always come for better of worse that goes for most franchises, TV shows and music in general.

I can understand the negativity from the hardcore fanbase and hopefully in Fallout 5 they can try and find a good balance between the old and the new. New Vegas with 4’s combat system and graphics would be insane, Fallout is a series that could use the remastered treatment in a positive way.

I wonder if the PvP will be like Elder Scrolls Online in that both players gotta agree to butcher each other first? Being a survival game, I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit less civilised than that and more like GTA Online, where it's purely unknown whether that dot on your game map that's rapidly approaching is there to cornhole you or not.

The game world of ESO is MASSIVE, and they keep adding bits to it. I wonder if this Fallout world will be the same?
My understanding is in the early stages you will be just doing well to survive hence the no PvP until level 5.
And then you have the chance to say no to PvP as well.
I am trying to focus on the +ive aspect in which there will be players to interact with / trade as looting objects is even more important to do things such a build your own weapons.
Hopefully the few cornholes aroound will be out numbered anyway.

Just received an email from Bethesda, downloading the Beta on Xbox One now! Servers aren't up yet but it's downloading!

Are you looking forward to the beta ?

Somewhat. I'm pretty certain I'm going to like 76. I'm about as big a Fallout fan as there is and I have no qualms with them trying something new.

My only real problem with the beta, is its proximity to RDR2. Actually, that's my main concern with the game in general. I wish they were further apart.

Somewhat. I'm pretty certain I'm going to like 76. I'm about as big a Fallout fan as there is and I have no qualms with them trying something new.

My only real problem with the beta, is its proximity to RDR2. Actually, that's my main concern with the game in general. I wish they were further apart.
Depends on how you like to play your games, if you need to invest time and play one game at a time then it is hard work this month.
I tend to play games that take me on a journey, once the journey is old news I have little problem not finishing the game and moving on.

I honestly don't know how to fit everything in. I'm going to have to drop Madden. Besides that, I've avoided any recent releases. But I still have Fortnite. And with Fortnite I play both modes and have for over a year, there's no way I'm dropping it. Although I'll probably have to stop battle royale.

Fortnite and RDR is fine. With 76, it's gonna get tough but Fallout is my favourite series ever. Actually, I still have my original copy of Red Dead Revolver and I'm one of those people who bought Fortnite on disc, so these are honestly 3 of my favourite franchises ever, all primed at the same time. It should be glorious but it's giving me anxiety!

I honestly don't know how to fit everything in. I'm going to have to drop Madden. Besides that, I've avoided any recent releases. But I still have Fortnite. And with Fortnite I play both modes and have for over a year, there's no way I'm dropping it. Although I'll probably have to stop battle royale.

Fortnite and RDR is fine. With 76, it's gonna get tough but Fallout is my favourite series ever. Actually, I still have my original copy of Red Dead Revolver and I'm one of those people who bought Fortnite on disc, so these are honestly 3 of my favourite franchises ever, all primed at the same time. It should be glorious but it's giving me anxiety!
Yeah hard work I can see ? I think you could drop Madden ? Do you play MUT ?
Rdr2 is really the special one to focus on !

Yeah hard work I can see ? I think you could drop Madden ? Do you play MUT ?
Rdr2 is really the special one to focus on !

Yeah, I've been playing MUT. RDR2 will definitely be the focus. I'm not interested in Red Dead Online, thankfully. I hate GTA Online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back