Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are some colours popular surnames eg Green, White, Black, Brown but not Yellow, Red, Blue?
For a long time people only used one name. At some point they started using a last name, and in many cases it was selected based on a person's occupation. Thus, John the Blacksmith became John Black or John Smith. Maybe the other surnames are associated with occupations as well?

Why are some colours popular surnames eg Green, White, Black, Brown but not Yellow, Red, Blue?
Red is seen in Reed/Reid , Blue in Blewett , Bowie is seemingly from the Gaelic for Yellow

But mostly for characteristics or descriptors. ie Brown haired Al became known as Al Brown and Al that had a job as a greenkeeper became Al Green.

Won't work for me or any older person who has what I call an old people's phone....no internet, camera etc big numbers, txt and not much else:$

....and I survive too without all that stuff, my life doesn't rely on any of it.:D

Really important news on news.com.au:

-Carl Stevanovic had to leave work after only 40 minutes due to the flu. Important!
-Sinead O'Connor has converted to Islam as she is sick to death of the way the Catholic church treats women. Woops!
-Both Harry and Magean have chronic diarrhea.

This World has progressed in so many areas .....but with Animal Cruelty, Humans are just as barbaric as they've always been ....and we keep talking about Humane Treatment of murderers ....what about animals FFS !!!!!

Totally agree.

I recently put my dog in boarding for a week and was shocked at his state when I picked him up. He was clearly distressed and I feel quite shitty now for doing it as he is a beautiful companion and would have been beside himself not having the family around him. We underestimate (or don't give a s**t) about the impact our actions have on these wonderful creatures.

Totally agree.

I recently put my dog in boarding for a week and was shocked at his state when I picked him up. He was clearly distressed and I feel quite shitty now for doing it as he is a beautiful companion and would have been beside himself not having the family around him. We underestimate (or don't give a s**t) about the impact our actions have on these wonderful creatures.
It’s funny, a dog only has you in his life but you have many people in your life.
Such wonderful creatures, how anyone can harm one I have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree.

Don't they normally house them with other dogs ? ....not always compatible & that can cause distress

There are businesses now that offer to "billet" you pet out to a host family .....the family is well researched and they have a pet that's compatible with yours

Don't they normally house them with other dogs ? ....not always compatible & that can cause distress

There are businesses now that offer to "billet" you pet out to a host family .....the family is well researched and they have a pet that's compatible with yours

No. I specifically asked for him to have his own run. He's a peoples dog so even if I he had other dogs to play with, he still would have fretted. Next time we are going on holidays he either stays with a family or friend or we don't go. I wouldn't put him in a boarding kennel again.

No. I specifically asked for him to have his own run. He's a peoples dog so even if I he had other dogs to play with, he still would have fretted. Next time we are going on holidays he either stays with a family or friend or we don't go. I wouldn't put him in a boarding kennel again.
Yep, obviously strange surroundings & he fretted ....your thoughts are correct

Really important news on news.com.au:

-Carl Stevanovic had to leave work after only 40 minutes due to the flu. Important!
-Sinead O'Connor has converted to Islam as she is sick to death of the way the Catholic church treats women. Woops!
-Both Harry and Magean have chronic diarrhea.

There’s a pet hotel by the airport, I think they probably get a bit more time 1 on 1 and better conditions. Would hate to know what they charge though.

Seriously you jailed this woman for killing a man who not only raped you, but was threatening your child ......why is society so centred on protecting "scum" .....who gives a F...k about the feelings of his family, who BTW I doubt had much to do with him anyway

Give her a medal .....and FFS Free Her !!!

getting super pissed off with supermarkets, they just seem to find ways to be complete *******s

I have been buying a burger bun for 12 months, but now the absolute *******s have discontinued it and replaced it with their rip-off cheap crap tasting bun. why do they need to bring the quality down for everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back