Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 14: East Side Hawks vs Coney Island Warriors at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

576606_eb60fbe96c87b5b490e8e51894f1c9c0.png

It's Video Game Round! With PAX Aus this weekend, what better way for the SFA to join in than with a themed week?

C'mon, Cloud_ said I could do this...

It's a league powerhouse against a struggling titan...

To say that the East Side Hawks have had an underwhelming season would be putting it mildly. They sit 10th on the ladder, with a 5-8 record, and the walls closing in on their season. Can Agent93 get his club back into the eight where they belong?

The Warriors got off to a flying start, but #TheStreak has long been broken, and Coney Island have been struggling for form. While they sit second on the ladder, could they be overestimating their own depth?

A season on the line, and a season for the taking...

VG Week Mascot Origins

Hawks: East Side's mascot is Flappy Bird, from the side scrolling game of the same name. Flappy Bird doesn't have much depth to his character, so I'll leave it to you to come up with a humourous biography.

Warriors: Coney Island's mascot is Link, from The Legend of Zelda series of adventure games. Link is a Kokiri elf who over his travels, becomes a screaming warrior who breaks everyone's pots and vases.

PhenomBet Odds

Hawks: $2.75
Warriors: $1.25

Players to Watch

Hawks

157978.jpg

The Jesus

The new co-host of the SFA game shows, The Jesus is on of the Hawks most prolific posters. Is Sunday going to see some more divine intervention?

62958.jpg

Loonerty

With the burden of the captaincy now off his shoulders, Loons can bounce back to being one of the league's best posters. Is he ready to step up?

Warriors

147607.jpg

BigJoeD_

The current Fred Medal leader, Big Joe has more than lived up to his name at full-forward. Is he going to kick another bag this weekend?

123839.jpg

zackah

While not the biggest name on the Warriors list, zackah is one of the most underrated. Will he finally break into the leagues elite?

Phenoms tip: Warriors to revive #TheStreak

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Gday Hawks. Line up in an orderly queue for this week's rogering.

... cos I can only take one reaming at a time.

SIM goes first, then whichever lucky prick is on your right wing.

My form these days is more like #thestroke :$

Last edited:

Moring gents, another fabulous week ahead of us here. Time to bounce back and grab a W Hawks, it's been a while and these beers won't drink themselves!

Moring gents, another fabulous week ahead of us here. Time to bounce back and grab a W Hawks, it's been a while and these beers won't drink themselves!

I like beer and I like wins.
I think this is the thread for me.

Gday Hawks. Line up in an orderly queue for this week's rogering.
... cos I can only take one reaming at a time.

SIM goes first, then whichever lucky prick is on your right wing.

Wait a minute... I think that's me.

Will-Ferrell-Happy-Excited.gif

Thanks TIF, and on my big milestone too. I'll be gentle, and then not, depending on the vibe.

I like beer and I like wins.
I think this is the thread for me.
Correct you are my friend! We've stocked up with extras to celebrate a milestone this week, I just can't remember what the milestone is, or who we're celebrating it for. Maybe Agent93 knows...

Correct you are my friend! We've stocked up with extras to celebrate a milestone this week, I just can't remember what the milestone is, or who we're celebrating it for. Maybe Agent93 knows...

Whoever it is, I have no doubt they were second to the milestone anyway... Always riding on the coattails of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the lasting effect he's had on the Warriors since he joined.

Credit to them, they haven't publicly had a go at me. But if we don't get a win sometime this Sunday then I may not have a home to go back to.

Credit to them, they haven't publicly had a go at me. But if we don't get a win sometime this Sunday then I may not have a home to go back to.

That you're still top two is surely a relief for the LG.

s**t, hopefully the season ends very soon so I can't drop us out of finals contention.

Maybe you should sit out a couple of games and let them get back to business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back