General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty exciting week for me coming up with the Red Sox in the World Series for the first time since 2013. Irrespective of the Res Sox being in the play-offs, I love the finals series of MLB each October, although obviously more exciting when they're playing.

Eased past the Yankees and had an even easier outing against Houston, although I'm not expecting the LA Dodgers to be as easy.

Why does every team I follow (Brisbane Lions, Brisbane Roar and Wigan Athletic) always seem to have a case of the stupids?

Watching my first 'Latics game, and Millwall are pressing us hard, not helped by our own stupidity!

Pretty exciting week for me coming up with the Red Sox in the World Series for the first time since 2013. Irrespective of the Res Sox being in the play-offs, I love the finals series of MLB each October, although obviously more exciting when they're playing.

Eased past the Yankees and had an even easier outing against Houston, although I'm not expecting the LA Dodgers to be as easy.

Its a bloody good start. 2-0 and with Kershaw having already started one of those games. Sure they're away next but you can't help feeling that Dodgers really needed to win that first game.

Really mixed bag of world wide sporting news today.

Red Sox winning the MLB World Series 4-1 was amazing for me. Turned out a pretty straight forward series really with a bit of a road block with that epic 18 inning game in Game 4 which LA won.

Heartbreaking news about Colin Sylvia (irrespective of any past misdemeanors) and the deaths of five people outside Leicester City's King Power Stadium, including that of owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, the Thai billionaire in that awful helicopter crash following take-off. Stories have emerged of the heroics of the pilot that he some managed to direct the out of contol / spinning helicopter away from a heap of people leaving the ground into the car park (particularly knowing his fate). Mr Srivaddhanaprabha will forever be immortalized in Leicester after City inconceivably won the Premier League as a 5000-1 outsider under his ownership. Link if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Real mixed bag today.

Australia copping a hiding in the ODI, which you'd expect with 2 of the worlds best batsmen out. It didn't even register with me that this game was on until a few days ago, is it just me, it seems like it was kept quiet and why isn't it on free to air TV, channel 7?

Australia copping a hiding in the ODI, which you'd expect with 2 of the worlds best batsmen out. It didn't even register with me that this game was on until a few days ago, is it just me, it seems like it was kept quiet and why isn't it on free to air TV, channel 7?

ODIs are now Foxtel only under the new TV deal.

I honestly can’t see why it is even called a sport?
Agree, I'm even more dumbfounded when I hear some commentators call the horses athletes, IIRC McAvaney does it or maybe it's Whateley.

In generations to come (IMO not in my lifetime) the use of animals for human entertainment/gambling will be frowned upon and eventually fade out, similar to circuses.

Agree, I'm even more dumbfounded when I hear some commentators call the horses athletes, IIRC McAvaney does it or maybe it's Whateley.

In generations to come (IMO not in my lifetime) the use of animals for human entertainment/gambling will be frowned upon and eventually fade out, similar to circuses.
What? Even ballet?
2s940ib.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have only listened to about 30 mins of the fox cricket commentary and its already so much better than channel 9. Thank goodness the coverage was taken away from those idiots. Amazing that even though Warne is on, you take him away from the boys club and stupid in jokes and he's such a better commentator.

Amazing that even though Warne is on, you take him away from the boys club and stupid in jokes and he's such a better commentator.

I always really enjoyed him when he used to guest on Sky or another overseas carrier.

I loved the discussion about Gilly reflecting on how we persisted with him in the 90s after a bad start and how that paid off in the end. Good quality and relevant discussion.

I also like the English female commentator (i will learn her name). She is just very professional in the way she presents.

I reckon Kerry might annoy some people, but i am a fan. He is just a character who is a decent story teller and commentator.

When you get Warne talking about cricket his knowlege is matched by few. That new Kayo sports streaming is a game changer.

Split it with a mate well worth the investment imo

When you get Warne talking about cricket his knowlege is matched by few. That new Kayo sports streaming is a game changer.

Split it with a mate well worth the investment imo
I've been considering it but wasnt sure if I should get it now or wait until the footy season starts next year

I think I'll be getting Kayo and going halves with the brother in-law. Fox's cricket team is amazing, it's all the best from the triple M team mixed with the bbl team. Surely channel 7s team will be awful .Probably just Flemming talking about himself.

It depends what sports you’re into. As a service it’s fantastic and still only in beta so should only get better
Did you see the Zombie vs Rodrigues fight, that was crazy. Fight of the year, ko of the decade with that up elbow. Great fight.

Looking fwd to Fury vs Wilder. Fury is a clown but he can fight, but Wilder has the persuader with that right hand. I think Wilder finds him.

Mundine Horn is actually not a bad fight, my gut says Mundine finds a way.

Did you see the Zombie vs Rodrigues fight, that was crazy. Fight of the year, ko of the decade with that up elbow. Great fight.

Looking fwd to Fury vs Wilder. Fury is a clown but he can fight, but Wilder has the persuader with that right hand. I think Wilder finds him.

Mundine Horn is actually not a bad fight, my gut says Mundine finds a way.

Yes was a great fight really enjoyed the Cowboy Perry fight too. Love Cowboy always fantastic to watch.

I think Tysons too slick and I don't think Wilder has enough variability in his attack to hide it from Wilder. I reckon Fury will piece him apart and finish it in the 10th.

Im more curious to see how many people they actually get at Suncorp.

Yes was a great fight really enjoyed the Cowboy Perry fight too. Love Cowboy always fantastic to watch.

I think Tysons too slick and I don't think Wilder has enough variability in his attack to hide it from Wilder. I reckon Fury will piece him apart and finish it in the 10th.

Im more curious to see how many people they actually get at Suncorp.
I think Tyson is very hittable and at some point will get hit. Wilder can box but he relies too much on the right hand. Should be a good fight.

I think Suncorp will be pretty empty. Manny was the drawcard last time round.

NRL is going to be dead in ten years. How bad a look for it with Holmes leaving. If he even has an iota of success watch a bunch of guys follow him overseas to pursue the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back