Australia v South Africa 1st ODI @ Perth Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Australia's batting is a bit ordinary at the moment but this pitch is not up to scratch. Not suitable for a one day game.
Wot? Its a good pitch and you have to remember this bowling line up is so much better than Australia's batting line up. Its a contest between bat and ball and the ball is winning because frankly they are better cricketers.

Look I know there are fans of Warnie's commentary.

I am not one of those. He grates.

Probably Harsha Bhogle in 2008?

The reason is that commentary teams from around the world come over and also cheaper to not get someone.

International commentators dropped away for the last couple of years of Brad McNamara's reign, but the last couple of years of 9 they pretty much always had a foreign commentator in the box.

SA bowling really well, being allowed to bowl really well. Australian batsmen have lost the ability to hit singles and keep the strike ticking over and that's at test level as well. A lot of these batsmen are thinking boundary or defend.

A lot of these batsmen are hitters. Either block it, leave it or play a big shot. Not the best balance.

Carey actually looking like being able to get bat on it and get off strike, hit singles. Like what he's doing out there.

Different between when we were strong, when the opposition bowled well we scored a lot of ones and twos. This current team doesn't score at all.

Left hand right hand combinations look good on paper, useless if you aren't getting bat on it and getting singles.

Wot? Its a good pitch and you have to remember this bowling line up is so much better than Australia's batting line up. Its a contest between bat and ball and the ball is winning because frankly they are better cricketers.
Nah. Disagree. Bounce too inconsistent.

Isha is good, Huss is good, Mark Waugh is Mark waugh...

I would rather Heals.

#SorrynotSorry

Phehlukwayo could either go for runs or be deadly.

In other news - Zimbabwe is putting together a handy total in B'desh.

Too bad Sean Williams missed out on a ton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to target Phehlukwayo. He is the real weak link in this bowling line up. Surprised Huss hasnt seen alot of him given its his 53rd game for South Africa and Hussey's job is to watch cricket.

Have to target Phehlukwayo. He is the real weak link in this bowling line up. Surprised Huss hasnt seen alot of him given its his 53rd game for South Africa and Hussey's job is to watch cricket.
I swear that a lot of commentators only watch matches involving Australia.

I know Australia's batting is a bit ordinary at the moment but this pitch is not up to scratch. Not suitable for a one day game.
tumblr_ly1gvdABNF1qmaree.gif

I think the most important thing for Aussie commentators every summer is to let us know they never watch any cricket they aren't getting paid to watch and that they do zero research on the touring sides before they get here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back