Media A Genuine Grievance

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
Dear fellow Sweet FA qootballers, today I come to you to talk about a genuine grievance. Something that has hit me to the core. I can’t sit idly by while this complete disregard for the sanctity of all that is good and proper is allowed to occur.

What has got me so rankled, I hear you blurt over your almond latte?

Well it’s all to do with this international round you see.

At the end of the last season, I was on a high. Mobbs medal, Deestroy medal, A PREMIERSHIP. The world of fitzroybowiedog was smooth sailing. In the dark halls of the committee room, an idea was floated that we take the Sweet FA on tour. That for one of the rounds in the upcoming season we would all jump on a plane and take this wonderful sport international.

Most of you will know, mainly because I mention it every other week, I’m not a resident of the Land of the Sweet FA, or that mess of an Island just to the west, called Australia. My home is Jakarta, Indonesia. As soon as I heard about the international round, I started lobbying all those that would listen for a game to be played in my backyard. I spoke with Cloud_, I spoke with the Roys, I spoke with several club captains. I was excited folks. I wanted to show off this great sport to those around me. As the season wore on, I had assurances that a game would be in Jakarta, I had assurances that I would be heavily involved.

So I started preparing. I organized day tours, banners, meet and greets with important Indonesians like Jokowi and Slank. The people in my neighbourhood noticed my smile, and on Sundays when I’d be leaving early for the arduous commute to wherever the Roys were playing, I would tell them, soon you’d be getting to see the Roys in action. Live. In the flesh.

So imagine my dismay when on Tuesday a ticket to India landed in my mailbox. There had to have been some mistake. Jakarta’s biggest (and only) qooty export wouldn’t be playing at the home of Indonesian sport, GBK, but somewhere on the subcontinent. I was hurt, I was shattered, I was embarrassed. How do I tell the people around me that instead of watching a local legend (their words, not mine) play, they get to enjoy the Wonders and Warriors instead.

I’ve had a good hard look for some answers to this hurtful account and I’ve found only one solution.

I’m sorry.

It has become clear that there has been something in my behaviour in the last several months since the Roys flag, that has meant that I am unworthy of the honour of playing front of my home town. My behaviour has been unbecoming and unsightly. The fitzroybowiedog you have seen, is a fitzroybowiedog I am ashamed of. The arrogance, the aggression, the sexism, the racism, the general disregard for those around me. This is my lowest moment. There are clearly genuine grievances from the Sweet FA community as whole, against my attitude and behaviour and I wholly accept them.

I am truly sorry for my actions. I never wanted to bring my club, this game and the great qooty players in the Sweet FA into any disrepute or tarnish their good names. I hope to win back the respect of my peers and community over the coming months in the hope that when international round comes around again, if I am deserving, that I might get a chance to walk out onto the hallowed turf of GBK in the Maroon and Gorilla.

To everyone in the Sweet FA, I apologize.

The people of India are sad that it's taken a visit to their country to bring this on
tenor.gif

Aren't India and Indonesia the same country?

Dear fellow Sweet FA qootballers, today I come to you to talk about a genuine grievance. Something that has hit me to the core. I can’t sit idly by while this complete disregard for the sanctity of all that is good and proper is allowed to occur.

At the end of the last season, I was on a high. Mobbs medal, Deestroy medal, A PREMIERSHIP. The world of fitzroybowiedog was smooth sailing. In the dark halls of the committee room, an idea was floated that we take the Sweet FA on tour. That for one of the rounds in the upcoming season we would all jump on a plane and take this wonderful sport international.

Most of you will know, mainly because I mention it every other week, I’m not a resident of the Land of the Sweet FA, or that mess of an Island just to the west, called Australia. My home is Jakarta, Indonesia. As soon as I heard about the international round, I started lobbying all those that would listen for a game to be played in my backyard. I spoke with Cloud_, I spoke with the Roys, I spoke with several club captains. I was excited folks. I wanted to show off this great sport to those around me. As the season wore on, I had assurances that a game would be in Jakarta, I had assurances that I would be heavily involved.

So I started preparing. I organized day tours, banners, meet and greets with important Indonesians like Jokowi and Slank. The people in my neighbourhood noticed my smile, and on Sundays when I’d be leaving early for the arduous commute to wherever the Roys were playing, I would tell them, soon you’d be getting to see the Roys in action. Live. In the flesh.

So imagine my dismay when on Tuesday a ticket to India landed in my mailbox. There had to have been some mistake. Jakarta’s biggest (and only) qooty export wouldn’t be playing at the home of Indonesian sport, GBK, but somewhere on the subcontinent. I was hurt, I was shattered, I was embarrassed. How do I tell the people around me that instead of watching a local legend (their words, not mine) play, they get to enjoy the Wonders and Warriors instead.

I’ve had a good hard look for some answers to this hurtful account and I’ve found only one solution.

I’m sorry.

It has become clear that there has been something in my behaviour in the last several months since the Roys flag, that has meant that I am unworthy of the honour of playing front of my home town. My behaviour has been unbecoming and unsightly. The fitzroybowiedog you have seen, is a fitzroybowiedog I am ashamed of. The arrogance, the aggression, the sexism, the racism, the general disregard for those around me. This is my lowest moment. There are clearly genuine grievances from the Sweet FA community as whole, against my attitude and behaviour and I wholly accept them.

I am truly sorry for my actions. I never wanted to bring my club, this game and the great qooty players in the Sweet FA into any disrepute or tarnish their good names. I hope to win back the respect of my peers and community over the coming months in the hope that when international round comes around again, if I am deserving, that I might get a chance to walk out onto the hallowed turf of GBK in the Maroon and Gorilla.

I wouldn't worry to much, since we have been in Indonesia, I've had hundreds of locals ask if I know you.

I say sure, hes a really good Qoo...................

Its at this point I am running for my life, with dozens of locals chasing me down the street with machetes. Chanting 'Death to fitzroybowiedog'.

I'm sorry mate, I never got to the bottom of why they detest you so much.

. My behaviour has been unbecoming and unsightly. The fitzroybowiedog you have seen, is a fitzroybowiedog I am ashamed of. The arrogance, the aggression, the sexism, the racism, the general disregard for those around me. This is my lowest moment. There are clearly genuine grievances from the Sweet FA community as whole, against my attitude and behaviour and I wholly accept them.
I had you pegged for most improved...

I wouldn't worry to much, since we have been in Indonesia, I've had hundreds of locals ask if I know you.

Its at this point I am running for my life, with dozens of locals chasing me down the street with machetes. Chanting 'Death to fitzroybowiedog'.

you must be in North Jakarta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry i put you in harms way.

Woo Hoo! Another cause to go all SJW for and create a hashtag.
#wearefitzroybowiedog
Boy it feels great to seem to be doing something.

I’m sorry.

Jeepers, man. Get out of your hometown bubble and see the world

Unfortunately the people of Indonesia were very clear in their wishes. You lobbied hard and because of your lobbying the Sweet FA decided to give Indonesia their pick of the games.

The Indonesian people have great respect for you, but it was okeydoke7 they wanted to see. So that’s what they’ll get.

I’ll put on yet another show, and when I’m done they won’t remember your name.

Unfortunately the people of Indonesia were very clear in their wishes. You lobbied hard and because of your lobbying the Sweet FA decided to give Indonesia their pick of the games.

The Indonesian people have great respect for you, but it was okeydoke7 they wanted to see. So that’s what they’ll get.

I’ll put on yet another show, and when I’m done they won’t remember your name.
With a bit of luck they won't let you leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back