Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which side gets the spoils that is Willdy?

Today he was complaining that 12 year old kids who play "AFL Rules" don't keep scores...

He's 5AA's young blood. ;)

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The battle lines are drawn...so 5double crow are a bit worried that their monopoly might be challenged. Bloody "Conversations with Cornsey"...give me a break! Hope SEN manage to capture an audience and provide a good alternative sport program.

5AA will have its rusted on support, the people who can’t let go. In the end it’ll go the way of 2UE and pretty much relinquish its role as a football station and just double down on daytime shock jocks. Penberthy fits in beautifully.

5AA will have its rusted on support, the people who can’t let go. In the end it’ll go the way of 2UE and pretty much relinquish its role as a football station and just double down on daytime shock jocks. Penberthy fits in beautifully.
So Crows supporters and OGC?

i want to listen to SEN on the way home from work but Rucci and Dillion... ****en serious?
Thats about as appealing as listening to 2 geriatrics having sex

It really isn't the best. Rucci I don't mind but Dillon is like a 50 year old cheerleading schoolgirl.

SEN should throw a few brown paper bags at Tim Ginever IMO. Easily the most likeable Port person in the media. I'd be far more likely to tune in and hear him than Cornes or Rucci, and he probably wouldn't turn off Crows fans to the extent that those two do either.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They could get McDermott back on the airwaves. He would be a better choice than Dillon whose voice always sounds whiney and agitated to me.

I will be listening however.

If Port people don’t listen it will have a short lifetime.
We have been crying out for #balance but still people complain.
Small steps.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
SEN should throw a few brown paper bags at Tim Ginever IMO. Easily the most likeable Port person in the media. I'd be far more likely to tune in and hear him than Cornes or Rucci, and he probably wouldn't turn off Crows fans to the extent that those two do either.

100% this. Ginevar would be an terrific get if Kane could get it done.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
They could get McDermott back on the airwaves. He would be a better choice than Dillon whose voice always sounds whiney and agitated to me.

I will be listening however.

If Port people don’t listen it will have a short lifetime.
We have been crying out for #balance but still people complain.
Small steps.

I just hope they'll be on digital radio and online.

Feb 26, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons, LA Kings, RED SOX
I just hope they'll be on digital radio and online.

I sent a message to SEN SA on Facebook Messenger when the news first broke about their return but couldn't find anything in the press releases about Digital radio.

I asked if they will be broadcasting on DAB as well as 1629 my car has a DAB radio.

and I got a response (a week later) confirming they will be broadcasting on DAB as well as online and the SEN app

Whatever happened to Rob Popplestone?
Was on Ch 44 or Ch 40 doing the SA sports show around the start of the footy season. When I have flicked thru the channels the last 3 or 4 months and seen it, Baz Curtin, Phil Smyth, Greg Anderson have been hosts or co-hosts.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Dillon looks like someone that still thinks he's awesome though. Looks like he would be a flog of a bloke

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can confirm he is a flog of the highest order. Acts and dresses like he's 20. Pure flog.

Slammer

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2006
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle Unt. UK, Seattle Seahawks
I can confirm he is a flog of the highest order. Acts and dresses like he's 20. Pure flog.

No matter what.....he's got to be better than the Wrinkles/KG combination. Additionally, I note that 5 doublecrow are promoting their Sports Show (Crows Show) in the Advertiser, trying to drum up listeners before the opposition station begins broadcasting....getting a little nervous?

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
No matter what.....he's got to be better than the Wrinkles/KG combination. Additionally, I note that 5 doublecrow are promoting their Sports Show (Crows Show) in the Advertiser, trying to drum up listeners before the opposition station begins broadcasting....getting a little nervous?
I won't listen to any of them. I think it's a short-sighted choice and shows a lack of effort from SEN. I would have thought they might cast the net a little wider and find fresh talent/expertise.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I won't listen to any of them. I think it's a short-sighted choice and shows a lack of effort from SEN. I would have thought they might cast the net a little wider and find fresh talent/expertise.
when you look at it in isolation you are 100% correct

All they have done is hire people who are were 5AA staff members just a few short weeks ago so it probably wont be much different than what we have already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back