Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, and one for Murdoch...

My choice for Murdoch

People always seem to have expected more from Jordan. I think he was a real honest player, and at only 26 yo, still has a lot of footy ahead of him. Yes, no good at the G in the elim final... seems like a few decisions were made on the back of that game.

Unashamed ABBA fan.
This one has awesome lyrics and very unusual

The Visitors is their masterpiece and hugely influential on so much 1980s material. I'd venture to say, Leonard Cohen's work from the decade owes a huge debt. Somewhat a shame the ABBA 'industry' seems so hangers-on now with the god-awful movies, musicals and covers.

If you're going to release a last single, it might as well be melancholy perfection...

She's an absolute legend. Started out playing blues clubs in the States as a teen... when it was an oddity to be white and accepted, let alone female.
I'm going to have to get some of that - do you have a favourite album?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Visitors is their masterpiece and hugely influential on so much 1980s material. I'd venture to say, Leonard Cohen's work from the decade owes a huge debt. Somewhat a shame the ABBA 'industry' seems so hangers-on now with the god-awful movies, musicals and covers.

If you're going to release a last single, it might as well be melancholy perfection...

Agnetha is clearly rated in the music world but perhaps for some obvious reasons.
I think her voice is exceptional, and as a "package", she is underrated. Many of the so-called B songs are superb.

Geezuz...anyone else indulged in The White Album deluxe edition, 7-disc set?

Can't believe quite how mind-blowing it all is, making so many of the boots over the years pointless.

The new remix is pretty good too, surprisingly.

What a bloody treat it is - just a shame we had to wait 50 years. I guess we all have a few deceased relatives who would have loved to hear it.

Good topic Shai.....I'll go with this...

That dirty Cocaine!!

Could have done "Call me the Breeze" or "After Midnight"..or half a dozen others....the Cale Clapton connection was deep......

Had to add a little dash of Steve Winwood for dessert!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back