Gaming Madden 19 Franchise PS4 - Year 2. Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the losses look like frustration. Like I didn't see all of stingers game but he made some bad throws through frustration that I know he is better than. Seahawks always a tough CPU team tho.

That's why I always keep it simple against the CPU in THIS particular league. Run the ball 75% of the time, play solid D. You will win every time. The problem is that this method is cheesy and boring, and as a result you lose discipline and have a one off game every now and then where you lose concentration and lose...

That was originally why I wanted tougher CPU so that it was actually a mental challenge to win - you couldn't just stay within your shell
Some frustrated offense for sure. But * me 3 or 4 of their tds were their receivers breaking multiple tackles and being massive gains.

First td 51 yard pass
Third td 43 yard pass
Forth td 85 yard run
Fifth td 56 yard pass

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the CPU significantly better this time around? I can only hope
Also look at the Weekly Award Winners and the general stat leaders.
In M18 all-pro, all of us humans had monstrous unrealistic stats and we dominated the awards.
But in this M19 all-pro Sliders, most of the time it's CPU players getting the awards and the stat leaders are all across the board even and realistic between the humans and CPU players. No Donald Bradmans.

Actually, it's a triple header for me tonight. DB, Cockliff and Stinger all to watch.

Just finished watching the Browns-Falcons game. Wow, what an entertaining game that was. Full of thrills and spills, weird goings-on, big plays from both sides, and always the thing that excites me to see -- the CPU behaving so humanly.

End of the 1st Qtr Cowboys-Eagles.

I can see so much how much better the CPU is watching this game. Normally, Cockliff in default all-pro would have racked up a 21-0 lead by now with a bunch of the usual plays that the AI is dumb to, but instead it's an arm-wrestle. Especially interesting is how the CPU Eagles are figuring out what Cockliff is doing on D, with his zone coverages, they're exploiting his usage of the MLB, not following his play-design assignment as he's ad-libbing and it's causing an open man. Meanwhile they're also shutting down Zeke so far. And audibles being called, especially one inside the 40 where they saw single high safety and man-on-man on the outside, or cover 3 press, so hot-read him to a fly route and ALMOST pulled it off for a rainbow TD, but Cockliff usered the FS and almost got the pick instead. Nice back and forth between a chess master and a "super-computer".

Also Cockliff with the great FG block, which is hard to pull off against the CPU.

End of the 1st Qtr Cowboys-Eagles.

I can see so much how much better the CPU is watching this game. Normally, Cockliff in default all-pro would have racked up a 21-0 lead by now with a bunch of the usual plays that the AI is dumb to, but instead it's an arm-wrestle. Especially interesting is how the CPU Eagles are figuring out what Cockliff is doing on D, with his zone coverages, they're exploiting his usage of the MLB, not following his play-design assignment as he's ad-libbing and it's causing an open man. Meanwhile they're also shutting down Zeke so far. And audibles being called, especially one inside the 40 where they saw single high safety and man-on-man on the outside, or cover 3 press, so hot-read him to a fly route and ALMOST pulled it off for a rainbow TD, but Cockliff usered the FS and almost got the pick instead. Nice back and forth between a chess master and a "super-computer".

Also Cockliff with the great FG block, which is hard to pull off against the CPU.
So great I decided to do it again :cool:

In all seriousness I never pull those off, so to get two in a game was sweet

Now THAT'S how you beat up the over-powered all-pro CPU. Like LA said before, play solid football, stick to your guns, keep the turnovers down, percentage plays, frustrate them, every now and then you can slip in those triple crossing trips pass plays in for a big gain/TD.

Definitely enjoying these sliders, making Cockliff really have to work to eke out a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen a couple of you do the False Start glitch, when the CPU is in your redzone, double-tap the trigger to cause the OL to false start. Can keep doing it and getting multiple false start penalties in a row, pushing them back and forcing them to settle for a FG.

Might try that myself next game vs CPU and see how far I can push them back.

Push the trigger? What trigger are you referring to?

Push the trigger? What trigger are you referring to?
You control a DLman, preferably a DE who isn't lined up right over a Tackle, or DT in a gap, and double tap the right trigger to make him jump into the neutral zone, he'll take a step in then step back out, without touching an OLman, who, if a little fatigued (which they should be having driven the length of field) will false start. Sometimes the QB will just try to bait a jump and it causes a fatigued OLman to false start. It was a problem in M18 and still a problem in M19. Have read some people have gotten like 10 false starts in a row, driving the CPU team back to the 50.

Yeah never heard that one before. If I did it it was accidental
Don't mean it as an accusation btw. I've seen some people do it. Sometimes you don't even have to, the CPU QB does it himself by constantly fake snapping to draw an offside, instead it results in a FS. I think people were saying to try to remedy it, you have to increase fatigue a bit (tho that throws things off with other positional players), or better, drop FS frequency down. Tho you get next to no FSs at least that doesnt happen.

I mean we all try to exploit something about the CPU's logic. For instance, here's something i often do when not broadcasting....

Call a play, base align or not, and audible out of it just prior to the CPU O snapping the ball. The CPU cheats a little, reading youre in all man fire blitz and audibles out of it into a deep pass play, but you changed to Cover 3 just prior and can break up the pass, get an INT. Or you call a run play, and you'll notice the CPU reads you, cheated, and shifts a safety down into the box, so you audible to a pass play, and it reads that, and moves the safety back deep, so you audible back to run, and it reads it again and shifts that safety back down, it clearly cheats. So sometimes you can catch it by audibling back to the same play twice in a row till you get the safety back deep.

You see the CPU cheat all the time against us, outside run, it causes their DEs to quickly break a block and stop it, or an inside run and they blow up the line easily for a loss. This is how the CPU is competitive against a human. It cheats, literally spygating your play call. And other times it reads your entire playcalling history, the types of runs and passes you call percentage wise thru a game/season, and just comes out with the best D against your usual things. Why you have to mix it up as much as possible (if youre playing properly).

Watching the Rams-Seahawks....sure the CPU can pull off some Barry Sanders moves (even TEs), but LA is so right. We humans are really only losing against the CPU because we get so frustrated we lose the plot, just start going nuts calling all out man blitzes every down, running the same drag route plays or chucking it deep every down, or not reading the field, so impatient, a wide open guy ignored because we locked in pre-snap to a play where we have grown fond of throwing it to a particular receiver all the time, so we're locked in and throw into double coverage (INT) or pass broken up when there was a sure TD if we'd actually looked elsewhere.

And all that sort of stuff. Can certainly see Stinger's frustration and impatience in this game, soon as momentum went the Seahawks way a little, that impatience/frustration compounded the problem, instead of knuckling down and trying to change the momentum. Often the mistakes are one's own, over-doing the hit sticks and missing, causing big rushing gains etc.

Same thing with DB's game against the Falcons. Same with me against the Jets a couple of weeks ago.

I get it, we're so used to all-pro M18 where the CPU is dumb and we can just go thru the motions, running our favorite plays over and over again, like robots, getting the win and the stats. But we're SLOWLY being forced to learn in M19 sliders, that we HAVE TO work for the win, have to actually strategize and invest a bit of time. But often it's late, we've just come home from work, got hurry eat and play the game before crashing, tired, distracted with reading/posting on the board or other things, and we just rush thru a game in that M18 Robot mode we're used to. The frustration grows because we hate losing.

I think all that is great tho. Guys like Chewy and Cockliff are showing the due respect towards the Sliders, putting the necessary work in to get the win.

The one thing that may need some tweaking is increasing the speed threshold for me to test first before implementing. Because the CPU gets into the open field, even TEs, and they outrun everyone all the time for a TD. But our speedy RBs/WRs always get caught from behind pretty quickly.

Watching the Rams-Seahawks....sure the CPU can pull off some Barry Sanders moves (even TEs), but LA is so right. We humans are really only losing against the CPU because we get so frustrated we lose the plot, just start going nuts calling all out man blitzes every down, running the same drag route plays or chucking it deep every down, or not reading the field, so impatient, a wide open guy ignored because we locked in pre-snap to a play where we have grown fond of throwing it to a particular receiver all the time, so we're locked in and throw into double coverage (INT) or pass broken up when there was a sure TD if we'd actually looked elsewhere.

And all that sort of stuff. Can certainly see Stinger's frustration and impatience in this game, soon as momentum went the Seahawks way a little, that impatience/frustration compounded the problem, instead of knuckling down and trying to change the momentum. Often the mistakes are one's own, over-doing the hit sticks and missing, causing big rushing gains etc.

Same thing with DB's game against the Falcons. Same with me against the Jets a couple of weeks ago.

I get it, we're so used to all-pro M18 where the CPU is dumb and we can just go thru the motions, running our favorite plays over and over again, like robots, getting the win and the stats. But we're SLOWLY being forced to learn in M19 sliders, that we HAVE TO work for the win, have to actually strategize and invest a bit of time. But often it's late, we've just come home from work, got hurry eat and play the game before crashing, tired, distracted with reading/posting on the board or other things, and we just rush thru a game in that M18 Robot mode we're used to. The frustration grows because we hate losing.

I think all that is great tho. Guys like Chewy and Cockliff are showing the due respect towards the Sliders, putting the necessary work in to get the win.

The one thing that may need some tweaking is increasing the speed threshold for me to test first before implementing. Because the CPU gets into the open field, even TEs, and they outrun everyone all the time for a TD. But our speedy RBs/WRs always get caught from behind pretty quickly.
Your right.

I scored a td on my first play and then stopped the Seattlehawks with their first play. That got my confidence up too high where I had decided on the pass I was going to make before the snap. Then bang, it gets picked off.
The first half I was hanging in there even though I made some silly calls. Their first td was beast mode by them and I had missed an easy pick during that possession which started frustrating me. Then when my FG just before half time fell inches short (which would have made it a 7 point game) I lost my head.
Stupid passes, good passes & runs that would get called back for holding, their insane movement of breaking multiple tackles ext.

The key is to not lose your head when they make scripted insanely massive plays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back