Draft Watcher Davo-27's 2018 AFL Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so for a thought experiment im going to name the most likely top 40 that most people believe will be the case (of course some clubs will pick a few smokeys) then i'll name the best available from my POV of which players are left over

1-40 (not in order): Walsh, Rankine, B.King, M.King, Blakey, Lukosius, B.Smith, Rozee, Clark, Thomas, Hately, Duursma, Hill, Jones, Kennerley, Collier-Dawkins, Butters, Valente, McFadyen, West, Williams, Caldwell, Sturt, E.Smith, O'Halloran, McHenry, Stocker, Bytel, Quaynor, B.Scott, McLennan, Berry, Stack, McKenzie, Taylor, Briggs, Cameron, Foley, Kelly, Joyce

i think this is the likely top 40, not that i agree 100% but i think the clubs might pick these players as the top 40, if i had to guesstimate... so who is left after these guys are picked up? i'll list a group of players that i think will be bargains for some relatively late picks imo, i'll put them in groups of position

Tall Forwards: there are 3 players that really stand out here, Noah Gown, Hudson Garoni and Dillon O'Reilly, each could be a champion forward or a bust, you really are hoping they get into a system that allows them to become a power forward, Noah Gown is a competitive beast, strong mentals, great accurate kick for goal make him the best choice, Hudson Garoni was a focus for Vic Country in the champs and looks an asset, physically he is a bit non athletic so an old fashioned stay at home forward and Dillon O'Reilly who had a good finals series over in W.A.

General Forwards: so we have some great goal kickers in this bunch, Jake Gaspar, Charlie Wilson, Tom Medhat, Mathew Walker, Ben Jarvis, Tyron Smallwood, Oscar Chapman, Zane Barzen, Toby Bedford Gaspar for mine is the clear standout in this group, with skill poise and goal kicking accuracy, he is under-rated for mine, the rest are solid picks and all are exciting prospects

Midfielders: here we have the most depth, as good players in junior football usually gravitate to the midfield to show off their potential, so its always the most deep as a position in junior football, Aaron Nietschke, Jason Carter, Jack Ross, Tom Sparrow, Xavier O'Neill, Harry Reynolds, Tom Lewis, Oscar Brownless, Fraser Turner, Daly Andrews, Will Golds, Sam Fletcher, Luke Moore, Finlay Bayne, Boyd Woodcock, Lachlan McDonnell, Mitch Riordan, Angus Hanrahan, Jacob Atley, many options all very good in their own way, Jack Ross stands out from this group and i wouldnt be surprised to see him go top 40, but im hoping he is available for the Hawks. (Hugo Munn as a possible Ruckman if his fitness passes the test, Briggs being the best ruckman in the draft pool if Williams doesnt become a full time ruck)

General Defenders: here we have the speedy running defenders and the medium/tall defenders, Joe Ayton-Delaney, Will Hamill, Lachlan Sholl, Nick Murray, Lachlan Young, Damon Greaves, Laitham Vandermeer for me its a tie between Ayton-Delaney and Hamill, they are very different defenders, Ayton-Delaney is the run and carry and hit targets out of defence running defender, who mans up on smalls and creates out of defence, whereas Hamill is more defender/interceptor and clever user of the ball, his kicks are his main asset and is taller and more able to play multiple roles, both really impressive youngsters, although theres a bit to be said about Young who played for Frankston (VFL, 28 disp 10 marks as a 18/19 yr old in his last game) and did well there and won a premiership with Dandenong, he was very impressive in the TAC Cup finals(Stratton-like) *P.S. i also am a huge fan of Vandermeer*

Tall Defenders: we have a few options here, but none that blow the mind, more raw potential here, Jacob Koschitzke, Kyle Reid, Riley Grundy, Koschitzke stands out as he had a wonderful champs and looks to be a potential defender/ruck? or even go forward, he is really good in the air and reads the play quite well, but out of all of these guys which i expect to be drafted none are top end talent and at most projects

Last edited:

Curtis Taylor, i think he is likely top 40

btw i forgot to add Vandermeer a favourite of mine, oops, ill edit the above post.
Think you’re pretty close overall. There’s a couple there that won’t go top 40, but shouldn’t be too far after. Another one a bit of an unknown but pretty similar to what I’d guess.

I thought that you rated both of them? You had the other at 41 at one stage

Jai Taylor for me can go anywhere from (40-not getting drafted), i like him and Hustwaite ect but i can see clubs passing on them, its really an unknown, i still really like Finlay Bayne and if he doesnt get drafted ill be interested if he continues his footy at the second tier? in the phantom draft he was in the frame at rookie draft, but the list i gave snoop was Ayton-Delaney, Lachlan Johnson, Jake Gaspar and Mitch Riordan, next in line for me was Finlay Bayne and snoop took Ayton-Delaney and Gaspar off me :p

the reason is that i like more players than will be drafted and i dont like a few that are basically guaranteed to be drafted

for Jai Taylor i guess it was his below average GF performance that made me drop off of him a bit, i thought he did ok when i saw it live, but watching the replay i saw that he didnt play very well.

Last edited:
Yes there are a lot of names that don't equal the hype they are getting. I guess that here it is only opinion. Our Falcon boys are getting good recognition for their efforts and think that Brownless is very much underrated but feel as well that players like Hustwaite and Taylor are not being recognised for what they can take to the next level. They were super each time against us and stood out in the finals.

Jai Taylor for me can go anywhere from (40-not getting drafted), i like him and Hustwaite ect but i can see clubs passing on them, its really an unknown, i still really like Finlay Bayne and if he doesnt get drafted ill be interested if he continues his footy at the second tier? in the phantom draft he was in the frame at rookie draft, but the list i gave snoop was Ayton-Delaney, Lachlan Johnson, Jake Gaspar and Mitch Riordan, next in line for me was Finlay Bayne and snoop took Ayton-Delaney and Gaspar off me :p

the reason is that i like more players than will be drafted and i dont like a few that are basically guaranteed to be drafted

for Jai Taylor i guess it was his below average GF performance that made me drop off of him a bit, i thought he did ok when i saw it live, but watching the replay i saw that he didnt play very well.
We all have our favourites every year that won't get drafted/ will be a late late rookie pick. Last year mine was Matthew Day, I could not be convinced he wasn't getting drafted (still can't, unbelievable athlete imo). This year it's Matthew Green and Rhyan Mansell, makes me sad

well seeing as its the last week before the draft, i was thinking of doing a top 100, ranking the kids from 1 - 100, whilst doing the bigfooty phantom draft i noticed some players were options even though they were in the my top 60 later, they went ahead of others i had higher, which leads me to believe some ratings need adjusting, phantom drafts are fun, but i'd rather put my time into rating each player in order than attaching them to random clubs based on opinions unless there some reliability to it, like the top 5 seem to be locked in.

so im going to put some more time into what i think of the kids and come up with a top 100 prior to the draft.

ok so heres my top 100, the top 5 are in order as it is likely to happen on draft night and from there i will put players i like and give short reasonings, this is not where they will be drafted, more a list of players i like and who i think have a good chance at an AFL career or if not drafted or given opportunities then state league careers

ok so this list will be a bit different to those that you've seen or expect.

1. Sam Walsh - 184cm 77kg Geelong - premier midfielder, poise, accumulator, good disposal, inside/outside mid, won TAC Premiership in 2017
2. Jack Lukosius - 195cm 83kg WWT - leading key forward, supremely skilled with football, good mark, nice goal kicking, needs work on confidence
3. Connor Rozee - 185cm 74kg N Adel - intercept marking, utility, plays taller than he is, looked better than SANFL level this year.
4. Max King - 204cm 90kg Sand - tall KP marking forward, knee injured, but his 1 game he played in TAC he kicked 8.5, athletic
5. Izak Rankine - 179cm 79kg W Adel - very influential player, dominated the Champs, goal kicking flanker/mid, should be No.1 if not for his attitude issues
6. Ben King - 202cm 87kg Sand - KP Forward/Defender, showed good determination at the Champs, flexibility with positions, athletic, good KP prospect
7. Nick Blakey - 195cm 82kg Syd A - KP Forward/utility, a real fighter, great determination to kick goals or win clearances in the mid, just competitive
8. Jye Caldwell - 184cm 82kg Bendigo - his injury and playing for a poor team has hid him from the spotlight, focused, determined, highly skilled
9. Bailey Smith - 185cm 83kg Sand - accumulator, running mid, endurance, good disposal, outside/inside mid, elite midfielder
10. Tarryn Thomas - 188cm 82kg North Launc - tall mid/utility, clean in the clinches, inside mid, injury interrupted Champs, highly skilled
11. Jordan Clark - 185cm 81kg Clarem - running half back, good defensively, good rebound, strong physique, good in the air and ground, premier half back
---------------------- ^All have high quality ability^ *my elite eleven* ---------------------------
12. Xavier Duursma - 186cm 73kg Gipps - hard working mid, outside/inside mid, star for Gippsland, determined, clean hands, endurance
13. Ned McHenry - 178cm 70kg Geelong - best defensive pressure player in the draft, elite tackler, elite endurance, busy, uses the ball well, good runner, clever
14. Sam Sturt - 189cm 74kg Dand - best medium forward in the draft pool, great lead, good mark, leads up to the wings, avgs 3 goals anyway
15. Bailey Scott - 186cm 73kg GCS A - i felt he was the best mid for the Allies at the Champs with Thomas inj, goal kicking hard nosed mid, good decision maker
16. Bailey Williams - 198cm 95kg Dand - physically big and aggressive, great leap, quick for a big man(speed), strong, dominant, Helicopter kicks at goal(S.K.)
17. Chayce Jones - 180cm 74kg Launc - speedy mid who always seems to be on the run, mixed form, but when he gets it right he is high quality
18. Ely Smith - 188cm 86kg Murray - i had him going 23 before the combine, he is the prototype AFL midfielder, late call up to Vic C then got 9 cl in 1 game
19. Luke Valente - 186cm 80kg Norw - solid mid from S.A. well balanced, good size, courage, spreads the ball(keep possession), good decision maker
20. Connor McFadyen - 190cm 88kg BL A - really impressed me in bursts for the Allies, one of the best flankers at the Champs, Utility Flanker, strong overhead
21. Xavier O'Halloran - 187cm 83kg West - strong inside mid, leader, determined, fighter, stands up in big moments, great final series, character
22. Jackson Hately - 190cm 81kg C Dist - clearance machine, big and strong in the clinches, can play utility, his disposal is my only concern
23. Zak Butters - 181cm 70kg West - great 1 on 1 player, wins contests, clever disposal, reminds me of Zak Fisher from Carlton, very slim
24. Ian Hill - 175cm 76kg Perth - great speed and agility, second cousin to the Freo Hill's, being under 180cm you have to impress and he struggled
25. Riley Collier-Dawkins - 193cm 88kg Oak - another good flanker at the Champs, with the ability to play mid, big bodied utility, good in air + nice kick for goal
26. Jez McLennan - 183cm 81kg C Dist - with Clark and McLennan you have 2 of the best half backs in years, great intercept mark, uses the ball well and provides dash out of defence
27. Liam Stocker - 183cm 83kg Sand - good physique for a mid, strong, good numbers, provides run, won Morrish Medal, disposal and defensive running a concern for me.
28. Rhylee West - 180cm 80kg Cald - son of the great Scott West, plays a similar style, high energy running mid, but he is more a work in progress atm.
29. Jack Ross - 186cm 85kg Oak - missed out on the Champs, great inside mid, handballs to clear team mates, give him room and his kicking is good also, accurate goal kicker, hunts the ball
30. Jack Bytel - 187cm 81kg Cald - back injury plagued season, was highly rated before injury, tough inside mid, accumulator when fit
31. Curtis Taylor - 186cm 79kg Cald - laconic medium forw, good kick for goal, good mark, highly skilled, can go in and out of games a bit
32. Laitham Vandermeer - 180cm 76kg Murray - was impressive at the Champs, good rebound defender, side step, composed under pressure
33. Jake Gasper - 183cm 80kg Oak - kicked 42 goals in 16 games, was by far Oakleighs best forward imo, can also win clearances and play midfield rotation
34. Will Hamill - 185cm 70kg Dand - intercept/defensive defender, good in the air mark/spoil, good weighted kick, can go into mid with his disposal, great TAC GF
35. Tom Sparrow - 183cm 83kg S Adel - throws his body into a contest, hunts the ball, hunts the man, good in the air, if he kicked goals he would be nearing elite
36. Toby Bedford - 176cm 65kg Dand - elite speed, pressure forward, can potentially go mid, good tackler, likes a goal, energetic
37. Oscar Brownless - 186cm 76kg Geel - gives 100% in every contest, tough, competitor, hunts the ball, flanker/mid rotation, i like the fact he gives it everything
38. Tom McKenzie - 184cm 76kg North - hb flanker/outside mid, accumulator, run and carry player, needs work on depth of kicking but otherwise pretty good
39. Joe Ayton-Delaney - 179cm 68kg Oak - hbf/wing, clean user of the ball, clever, makes sure to keep poss, fairly quick, small defender
40. Kieran Briggs - 200cm 98kg GWS A - the best ruck if Williams doesnt become a ruck, good tap ruckman, good contested marks at the Champs, can kick goals
41. Xavier O'Neill - 183cm 78kg Oak - outside/inside mid, has had 2 excellent years at TAC Cup level, always hits a team mate, good size and speed, under-rated
42. Luke Foley - 187cm 75kg Subi - mid/utility, clearance winner, good decision maker, had a good Champs early, good tackler, goal kicker
43. Harry Reynolds - 190cm 75kg Sand - came from school footy in August and since has made people take note, wiry tall lad, can win the ball and is a smart user of the footy
44. Jarrod Cameron - 180cm 69kg S Dist - electric forw similar to his brother, great agility and read of the ball, still a work in progress though
45. Tom Joyce - 179cm 67kg E Fre - long term injury, has talent based on 2017 Champs and limited Colts games, bit of a risk but probably worth a 2nd rounder
46. Noah Gown - 193cm 91kg Gipps - KPF, good contested mark, good goal kicking accuracy(goals from boundary and long range), leader, very vocal on the field, competitive
47. Isaac Quaynor - 182cm 82kg Oak - running half back, can play mid, has a decent defensive side, good build, needs work on his kicking and decision making out of defence imo
48. Tom Lewis - 179cm 80kg Sturt - inside mid, tough, hunts the ball, clearance player, lacks speed and accumulator status, good potential for a late pick
49. Aaron Nietschke - 184cm 77kg C Dist - was ok at the Champs, won u/18 SANFL award playing only 8 games, was one of the best in his SANFL reserves team and played 3 SANFL games
50. Sydney Stack - 177cm 72kg Perth - speed and excitement, can kick a long goal, has raw potential, can get caught too often and a messy player at times which holds him back imo
51. Tom Berry - 185cm 76kg GWV - tall mid/utility, good in the air, strong bodied, balanced, the knocks i have are impact and poor Champs, but has raw potential
52. Lachlan Young - 190cm 78kg Dand - over-ager, played for Frankston in VFL with mixed results, it was his quality as that intercept defender/rebounder for Dand in finals made me notice
53. Zane Barzen - 193cm 77kg Murray - this guy is all X-Factor, can kick the impossible goal, really good around the ground, major issue is he goes missing for long periods
54. Lachlan McDonnell - 186cm 80kg Dand - goal kicking mid, impact player, provides an attacking option as flanker/mid, needs to improve his poss numbers
55. Lachlan Sholl - 185cm 77kg Cald - running defender(uncontested outside player), goto man out of defence for Calder as his kicking is his best feature, composed, lacks pace
56. Oscar Chapman - 191cm 78kg N Adel - Mullet, slim 3rd tall forw, good leading patterns, team player, good mark, goal kicker, decent SANFL form, loved his Champs
57. Jason Carter - 182cm 81kg Peel - speed and endurance, good agility, contests marks, clever user of the ball, has all the tools for an outside mid
58. Fraser Turner - 186cm 75kg Clar - outside/inside mid, accumulator, disposal is a bit iffy, endurance, run and carry
59. Hayden Sampson - 177cm 67kg S Adel - speed, can go for long runs, goal kicker, has some X-Factor, agile, good in the air for a short guy
60. Daly Andrews - 184cm 78kg West - fast outside mid that loves to take opponents on, decent kicking ability, accurate shot at goal, run and carry
61. Jacob Kennerley - 186cm 77kg Norw - quick outside mid, with endurance, doesnt mind the physical stuff, ordinary disposal holds him back from being higher
62. Nick Baker - 190cm 84kg Lauder - hbf, outside/inside mid, lovely kick and clever player, good build, run and carry and link out of defence
63. Jacob Koschitzke - 196cm 94kg Murray - KPD, great in the air, smart decision maker, all-australian, could play ruck or forward given his large frame
64. Matt McGannon - 184cm 73kg Gipps - hbf/mid, good user of the footy, strong utility, a lot to work with, potential and a good late pick
65. Dillon O'Reilly - 194cm 89kg E Fre - KPF, good lead into space, contested marking, raw potential, athletic, needs to kick more goals
66. Kyle Reid - 193cm 85kg Gipps - KPD, intercept marking, good defensively, good in the air, good size, raw potential, maybe could push forward?
67. Riley Grundy - 195cm 79kg Sturt - KPD, good in the air, good defensively, another decent KPD that has a lot of raw potential
68. Mitch Riordan - 186cm 79kg Dand - inside mid, clean hands, clearance player, injury interrupted season, strong, endurance, clever
69. Mitch Grigg - 182cm 82kg Norw - 2 magarey medals in a row, already had a taste of AFL and likely a club will give him another opportunity
70. Boyd Woodcock - 175cm 71kg N Adel - had him down as 1 to look out for after the Champs, then he had a dream SANFL season
71. Will Kelly - 193cm 83kg Oak - similar to the other KPD's, but i rate some of them a touch higher, raw but talented
72. Mathew Walker - 187cm 76kg Murray - skillful utility, forw/mid, good disposal and goal kicking, being laconic his only downfall
73. Charlie Wilson - 180cm 78kg GWV - busy forward, kicked 37 goals for the season, leading forward
74. Campbell Hustwaite - 184cm 74kg Dand - inside mid, mixed disposal, hunts the ball, tough, puts body on line, good numbers
75. Sam Fletcher - 188cm 77kg Dand - Dand's inside mid game was strong and deep, here is another quality inside mid from Dand that could develop into a champ
76. Nick Murray - 193cm 89kg Murray - KPD/3rd Tall, rebounding defender, good one-on-one defender, murray from the murray, over-ager
77. James Jordan - 186cm 81kg Oak - good sized mid/utility, plays with speed and accuracy, clean hands, great late pick-up for a club
78. Irving Mosquito - 176cm 72kg Gipps - agile, beautiful left foot kick, small forw who creates highlights during games, lacks a bit of pace and needs to find it more, raw potential
79. Matty Lloyd - 185cm 77kg GWV - accumulator, outside mid/hbf, brother of Jake, direct kicking, run and carry winger
80. Buku Khamis - 190cm 81kg West - liked his Champs, but hated his finals series, he seemed very one-note, if he didnt intercept he seemed a bit lost, good interceptor though
81. Jacob Atley - 191cm 74kg Bendigo - outside mid, run and carry, flexible, can play as utility thanks to his height, slim, needs to work hard in the gym
82. Will Golds - 181cm 68kg Oak - physically a bit slim, accumulator, runs all over the ground looking for poss, little kicks here and there, not sure on penetration of kick
83. Finlay Bayne - 177cm 68kg Dand - im a big fan of his, he didnt get a combine invite, but i like him, his disposal is spot on, goal kicker, sml forw plays better in the mid
84. Hudson Garoni - 195cm 91kg Murray - im pretty sure a club will give the big guy a shot on a list, kicks 2 1/2 goals a game, 38 in 15 games
85. Damon Greaves - 186cm 74kg E Perth - tough med def, puts his body on the line, needs to tighten up his disposal, love his effort
86. Alastair Richards - 187cm 76kg Sand - run and carry hbf/outside mid, runs all day demanding the HR, his kicking is generally down the line
87. Jed Hill - 179cm 68kg GWV - mid/forw, good option late for a club, does most things well, doesnt have that thing that stands out though
88. Rylie Morgan - 182cm 81kg Clarem - had a decent Champs and then dominated the Colts back home, accumulator, mid
89. Angus Hanrahan - 182cm 68kg Sand - slim outside mid, mixed form, very raw potential, brother of Ollie
90. Hugo Munn - 197cm 93kg Sturt - it felt like he dominated every first 1/4 then disappeared in games, he can play well, but unsure on fitness/endurance?
91. James Rowbottom - 185cm 78kg Oak - good poss numbers, good tackler, poor disposal and shot for goal holds him back imo
92. Mitch Podhajski - 192cm 86kg Cald - big strong bodied mid/utility, decent at most things, at his height a club will give him a shot
93. James Rendell - 198cm 90kg Sand - KPP/Ruck, has some ability, raw youngster, speculative
94. Ben Silvagni - 194cm 84kg Oak - KPP, good mark, very raw youngster, likely father-son
95. Riley Bowman - 198cm 82kg Dand - young Ruck, has some potential, could be a rookie pick-up
96. James Blanck - 195cm 80kg East - young KPP, raw potential, but is a player that needs a long time to develop
97. Kade Chandler - 173cm 73kg Norw - i really liked what i saw of him at the Champs, his height is a problem, tackles like a man possessed, sml forw
98. Luke Moore - 180cm 85kg S Fre - forw/mid, strong build, tough, goal kicker, can have rotations as inside mid
99. Ben Jarvis - 188cm 77kg Norw - medium forw, nice mark, can kick a nice goal, can also go missing for long periods, but raw potential
100. William Kennedy - 199cm 86kg Sand - Ruck/KPP, very agile and quick for a big man, bit off of the radar this season though, could be a late steal

unlucky mentions - Jai Taylor, Graydon Wilson, Tom Medhat, Tyron Smallwood, Durak Tucker, Luke English, Ethan Hansen, Brad Oldfield, Zac Foot, Matt Gahan, Bailey Beck, Tom Boyd, Breadyn Gillard, Oscar Perez, Connor Thar, Stefan Radovanovic, Kai Pudney, James Siviour, Jesse Quint, Josh Stern, Guy Richardson

Origin of top 100: Vic M - 31, Vic C - 30, S.A. - 18, W.A. - 11, (TAS - 4, NSW/QLD - 6 Allies)

Last edited:
Gee I find that hard to believe that for Taylor he was 41 prior to their Grand final now cant even get into your top 100 where as Husthwaite and Bayne have made it. I recon he should be real chance as he offers a lot and has a heap of AFL attributes, he has pace to burn, great defensive game, tackels hard is skill full and can play back, forward and mid. He must have done something to drop that far in your rankings. JMO

Gee I find that hard to believe that for Taylor he was 41 prior to their Grand final now cant even get into your top 100 where as Husthwaite and Bayne have made it. I recon he should be real chance as he offers a lot and has a heap of AFL attributes, he has pace to burn, great defensive game, tackels hard is skill full and can play back, forward and mid. He must have done something to drop that far in your rankings. JMO

The more i look at his stats and critique his output, the further back he goes in my ratings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm that is perhaps one of the things that is not totally correct in how people assess a player. There more to a players performance than just accumulations, team game style, coaching instructions, rotations, actual game time, one percenters, running patterns, defensive set ups, running to assist, running to create options, defensive acts, running both ways etc etc. These are not listed as stats but make up a great amount of what a player is expected to deliver on game day. I find it interesting that people look at the obvious things rather than understanding the finer art of a players game.
Stats do not tell the full story they are only an indicator. IMO

i wanted to put a list of my favourite youngsters in the draft outside of the top 20 (from my top 100 list) these are players i hope the Hawks consider if they have access to them

Jez McLennan - one of the best half backs in the draft pool, this guy can do it all, intercept mark, defend, he has good endurance, clean user of the ball, counter-attacker

Jack Ross - inside/outside mid, clean hands, wins the ball in tight, great handballer, seems to hit a team mate in space a lot, his kicking is really good when he's not in the middle of 5-6 players, 7.0 gls/behinds doesnt miss, good build

Laitham Vandermeer - whilst watching Vic Country, the one player that seemed to win nearly every contest was Vandermeer, he starred off of half back, then to see few people talk about him was odd i felt

Jake Gasper - anyone looking for a general forward and misses out on Sturt or McHenry has a good option in Gasper, he is clean, knows how to kick goals and when he isnt kicking goals is just clever and uses the ball well

Tom Sparrow - this kid could be a bolter? he just hunts the ball, nothing gets in his way, he is one of my favourite in and under players in the draft pool

Tom Joyce - the way he was playing at the Champs in 2017 you would think he was going to go in the draft top 20, but his long term injury has meant he will go later and possibly (if healthy) could be a bargain

Noah Gown - the last half of 2018 has seen him come into draft calculations and anyone wanting a KPF will be interested in this guy as an option, i saw him in a few games this year live and he is a very vocal guy on the field, very much a leader by voice and action

Aaron Nietschke - i think he will shock some people if he gets drafted, he is a talent, im secretly hoping we rookie him

Mitch Riordan - as an inside mid, he is clean af, he is strong, when he was fit he really showed his quality, too bad his season was interrupted

special mention to Finlay Bayne, i really liked this kid, but i feel like he probably wont get drafted, its a shame he has a lot of talent, he was played as a small forward and did alright at that position, but when he was finally given some minutes as a midfielder, he shined, if he doesnt get drafted(i hope he does) i hope he dominates at state league level...

I’m fairly sure your love for Finlay Bayne is almost challenging the Bicks / Tom Berry coupling which I never thought I’d say :eek:

Also I won’t be shocked if Nietschke gets drafted in the least. Had him fourth round in my PD.

All the ones you mention there I expect to be drafted, though Vandermeer has now got me wondering, as we were going to interview him this week but declined - making me think he might not be going - but we chatted to Noah Gown anyway.

I’m fairly sure your love for Finlay Bayne is almost challenging the Bicks / Tom Berry coupling which I never thought I’d say :eek:

Also I won’t be shocked if Nietschke gets drafted in the least. Had him fourth round in my PD.

All the ones you mention there I expect to be drafted, though Vandermeer has now got me wondering, as we were going to interview him this week but declined - making me think he might not be going - but we chatted to Noah Gown anyway.
If I'm still around in 3 or 4 years time I'll happily revisit this that's how confident I am young Tom will have a long and successful AFL career injuries allowing of course.

If I'm still around in 3 or 4 years time I'll happily revisit this that's how confident I am young Tom will have a long and successful AFL career injuries allowing of course.
Nothing wrong with it we all have favourites haha, you've just got a clear favourite (with Charlie running second), where Finlay Bayne is Davo's haha.

Nothing wrong with it we all have favourites haha, you've just got a clear favourite (with Charlie running second), where Finlay Bayne is Davo's haha.
On Charlie any mail? Surely someone gives him a rookie spot?

Long time Jack Bytel fan too, I want that on the record as well. :moustache:

On Charlie any mail? Surely someone gives him a rookie spot?

Long time Jack Bytel fan too, I want that on the record as well. :moustache:
Rebels aren’t confident. Think Berry and Hill are the two to go. Hill late/rookie but has a couple of clubs really keen. Wilson has had mixed interest. Don’t think there’s anyone super keen, more so mild interest.

Rebels aren’t confident. Think Berry and Hill are the two to go. Hill late/rookie but has a couple of clubs really keen. Wilson has had mixed interest. Don’t think there’s anyone super keen, more so mild interest.
Charlie the better natural footballer, Hill the more athletic/agile? I know who I'd draft 1st.

Charlie Wilson or Sprague?
Sprague. Has more upside, reckon he could have snuck into top 40 if he’s fully fit this year. I like Wilson too, but Sprague is one who could develop very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back