Moved Thread SOS v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely no chance in hell the AFL gives a club a first round PP after knowingly trading out their 1st rounder in the full realization that the pick could of been a top 3 pick.

Don't worry, Carlton have no interest in priority picks..... :rolleyes:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...seek-priority-draft-pick-20180528-p4zhzj.html

“This is no one’s fault, we take full responsibility, we’ll fix it and we’re doing that with a really clear plan.

“We’re not even thinking about it, we take full responsibility, we’re clear on the plan … we got ourselves into the situation we’ll get ourselves out of it.”

“I have no idea how (priority picks) are even given. I don’t want Carlton to be associated in any way to with a priority pick.”

The battle rages on. Let’s check the scorecard..

SOS: McGovern, O’Brien, Kennedy, Plowman, Philips, Stocker, Garlett

Crows: Gibbs, McAdam, McHenry

SOS looks to be on top at this stage, what does everyone else think?

Not sure you can just say “McHenry” here. To get pick 13 point value the Crows had to hand back about 700 points, more than half the 1,212 point value of what was used to draft McHenry. Gibbs, McAdam and half a McHenry perhaps?

For Carlton to move up the ladder, they actually have to win more than two games. And I don't see that happening. Their list is horrible, they haven't improved it one iota this summer (Setterfield aside), and SOS continues to take such a proud club down a sad path.
CFC have added Fasolo, Setterfield, Newman and McGovern who are all capable. Plus Walsh and Stocker in draft so far.
We have lost no key players.
Plus we get Docherty back from injury and all our recent draftees are one year more experienced.

If we can avoid injury, then improvement is very likely IMHO.

CFC have added Fasolo, Setterfield, Newman and McGovern who are all capable. Plus Walsh and Stocker in draft so far.
We have lost no key players.
Plus we get Docherty back from injury and all our recent draftees are one year more experienced.

If we can avoid injury, then improvement is very likely IMHO.
Fasolo is one of the most bizarre recruiting decisions I have ever seen. The guy is a known cokehead and offers very little on the field.

Docherty and Setterfield are very good additions, but Kreuzer, Murphy and Simpson are one year older and the club was already overly reliant on them.

Who do you think Carlton will rise above on the ladder in 2019?

The battle rages on. Let’s check the scorecard..

SOS: McGovern, O’Brien, Kennedy, Plowman, Philips, Stocker, Garlett

Crows: Gibbs, McAdam, McHenry

SOS looks to be on top at this stage, what does everyone else think?
SOS just gave up a likely top 3 pick.
He may have been on top before last night but not anymore.
If you actually move up the ladder it might pay off, but that’s a massive gamble.

Fasolo is one of the most bizarre recruiting decisions I have ever seen. The guy is a known cokehead and offers very little on the field.

No, GWS take the award firstly for listing Dylan Buckley ( who incidentally struggled to get a game with the worst side in the comp), and secondly, for giving him a contract extension for the coming season . The other one was keeping Tim Mohr on your books for all these years . That, sir, is way more bizarre

Docherty and Setterfield are very good additions, but Kreuzer, Murphy and Simpson are one year older and the club was already overly reliant on them.

Who do you think Carlton will rise above on the ladder in 2019?
Hard to be over-reliant when Kreuzer and Murphy only played 12 and 13 games last year due to injury. Do you actually watch Carlton Games or just make this stuff up as you go along. Simmo had a break-out year last year so lets hope his Indian summer continues.

Far more scope for improvement in 2019, ... and teams we can beat include GWS (last beaten in 2017 - Murphy had a lazy 30 touches), Essendon (we beat in 2017 and 2018), Hawks (2017), Pies (2017), Swans (2017), etc. A year is a long time in footy...

The plan which was sold to the members is that the club are going to have a crack in 2018.

If the club can bring in a solid free agent or two as they intend on doing, having a crack in 2018 seems reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS just gave up a likely top 3 pick.
He may have been on top before last night but not anymore.
If you actually move up the ladder it might pay off, but that’s a massive gamble.
7662BE08-6E35-4BB3-AF8A-E36EB8414C9C.jpeg

Liam Stocker came back from a badly broken jaw (steel plate inserted) to beat out his Sandi Dragons team mate (& 2nd best mid in the draft) Bailey Smith, as well as #1 draft pick Sam Walsh to win the Morrish medal (TAC cup B&F) sounds like a complete spud. lol Carlton
Injury prone! And we gave away every first round pick for ten years plus thirty billion dollars and a meat tray to get him!

#draftfail

If Carlton are going to be as bad as everyone thinks, then no one will have a problem with them gaining priority picks, so dont you all come out sooking about it if in fact it happens

If Carlton wins the wooden spoon again then yes Adelaide get pick #1.
I'll be barracking hard for Carlton's opponent every week to savor the unprecedented lolz that will bring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back