Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure there will be a "way"
I'll be honest, i'm hopeless with technology and everytime i've tried to find a stream, every link I click never works. More interested in the sidebets than the golf TBH. Porbably a good thing if we can't get it here, money saved.

I'll be honest, i'm hopeless with technology and everytime i've tried to find a stream, every link I click never works. More interested in the sidebets than the golf TBH. Porbably a good thing if we can't get it here, money saved.

I'll see if i can arrange a link

F$&k me I just saw Smith thin a shot and just keep on rolling. I don’t feel so bad about my game now.

Headed out to Metropolitan on Friday - weather was horrendous but watching some of the best in the world was worth it. Course was in great nick considering the conditions. Fairways were unbelievable.

Where does everyone stand on spectators wearing full kit to watch?

Headed out to Metropolitan on Friday - weather was horrendous but watching some of the best in the world was worth it. Course was in great nick considering the conditions. Fairways were unbelievable.

Where does everyone stand on spectators wearing full kit to watch?

FULL KIT w***erS!!

Describe full kit?

If i was there, id be wearing footjoy waterproof pants and a waterpoof/weatherproof jacket I have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full kit = what you would wear to play including but not limited to: pants, golf polo, golf jumper or jacket, golf hat and golf shoes.

Pants - yep, its cold so wear pants
Polo - I guess you're at a private golf club, but don't think there's a dress code for spectators. So yeah, tee shirt of even a singlet if you want. Personally, a polo is smart yet casual, and functional to keep the sun off your neck )popped collar)
Golf jumper - Practical. So say an adidas golf jumper, nike, under armor. All good!
Golf hat/cap - practical again. Keeps sun off your face and bit of rain. Nothing wrong here
Golf shoes - They are designed for golf courses, for the walk and terrain. Runners are enough for spectators though.

I guess its like when you're going to the footy. You wear team colours, guernsey, cap, scarf.

Pants - yep, its cold so wear pants
Polo - I guess you're at a private golf club, but don't think there's a dress code for spectators. So yeah, tee shirt of even a singlet if you want. Personally, a polo is smart yet casual, and functional to keep the sun off your neck )popped collar)
Golf jumper - Practical. So say an adidas golf jumper, nike, under armor. All good!
Golf hat/cap - practical again. Keeps sun off your face and bit of rain. Nothing wrong here
Golf shoes - They are designed for golf courses, for the walk and terrain. Runners are enough for spectators though.

I guess its like when you're going to the footy. You wear team colours, guernsey, cap, scarf.

You don't roll into the footy wearing jumper, shorts, socks and footy boots though do you?

I was just genuinely curious as to what people thought on spectators wearing full golf get up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with most of the attire however golf shoes are "w***erish" considering spectators are barely allowed to step foot on the course proper. Nothing that couldn't be managed with a pair of sneakers or casual shoes.

Friday was bloody shocking conditions so whatever was needed to make it through the day was acceptable.

I did see one elderly gentlemen on the TV at one the majors last year wearing full kit including shoes and glove hanging out of the back pocket.

You don't roll into the footy wearing jumper, shorts, socks and footy boots though do you?

I was just genuinely curious as to what people thought on spectators wearing full golf get up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with most of the attire however golf shoes are "w***erish" considering spectators are barely allowed to step foot on the course proper. Nothing that couldn't be managed with a pair of sneakers or casual shoes.

Friday was bloody shocking conditions so whatever was needed to make it through the day was acceptable.

I did see one elderly gentlemen on the TV at one the majors last year wearing full kit including shoes and glove hanging out of the back pocket.

But there is a difference. Golf clothes are so whats the word, you know, can do so many things with it. Like a utility player in AFL football. I love golf shorts, polos, caps. So rocking upto a golf event in those clothes could be any pants, and polo. Ive seen people wear chnios and a dress polo shirt on the course.

But anyway, golf shoes i totally see your point.

Reckon rocking these casuals would be totally ok at any course
nike-golf-lunar-swingtip-suede.jpg

Watching the South African open and an amateur by name of Premiall is playing. The kid is 15 yet already has a huge physique

Remove this Banner Ad

Back