AI's starting 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Though question, based on players I've actually watched I'd say:

Stockton, Jordan, Lebron, Karl Malone and Hakeem Olajuwon

Only just ahead of Magic, Drexler, Dominique Wilkins, Barkley and Kareem.

While there are a bunch of historically better point guards, if this is a Starting 5 you want to actually win a game with, you need to pick Steph.

Magic and (maybe) Stockton are better players, but they're better at doing things like getting players good looks. But you don't need that when you have an All Time starting 5. Do you need someone to get MJ an open look? Nope.

Curry becomes unstoppable if you can't double him. A Curry/Shaq pick and roll is unguardable.

MJ in the post can't be doubled if the other guard needs to leave Curry.

And one of the great things about Curry is when he doesn't have the ball, he becomes the world's most talented role player. Setting screens. Creating space. Moving without the ball.

He might be my second pick after MJ in any starting All Time Starting 5.

Yeah saw that the other day, it's garbage.

Allen Iverson's all-time starting five shouldn't be based on greatness, it should be about guys with the most attitude and eye-catching style! So I guess I'll just have to fix his crummy team for him:

1. White Chocolate
2. AI (because it's too late for modesty)
3. MWP
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Mt. Mutombo

A very good line-up, and not something you see from every second punk in the comments section.

• Banned
Talking starting 5s. I'm not sure if there is a thread at the moment but who would people start today on 18/19 form?

For me it's:
C: AD
PF: KD
SF: LeBron
SG: Kawhi
PG: Curry
*With apologies to Giannis who would be my 6th man (I see that best 6 in the NBA at the moment a flat best 6) - but place Giannis outside this group due to not having a 3pt shot and being worse than the others from the line if I'm to find anything that can separate and drop anyone from that top group.
Embiid and Harden would also figure to make my rotation but I rate them behind that standout six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back