A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Antonis?

Had he not given that penalty to Kosta and converted he'd a joint top scorer. Pretty impressive considering he doesn't play as deep as expected.
Terry has been huge yeah, and I'd expect to see him in the Asian Cup squad

Good news everybody. Joyce has got this week tactically sorted for City.

“If you look at teams around the world and teams in other sports, if you have a lot of people scoring goals or scoring lots of points — I’ve been watching the basketball this week — you’re more chance of being successful."

Fornaroli doesn't score enough goals worth 3 points. And the NBA analysis has shown that you need the 3 ball to to be successful.

FML what an arsehole

Good news everybody. Joyce has got this week tactically sorted for City.

“If you look at teams around the world and teams in other sports, if you have a lot of people scoring goals or scoring lots of points — I’ve been watching the basketball this week — you’re more chance of being successful."

Fornaroli doesn't score enough goals worth 3 points. And the NBA analysis has shown that you need the 3 ball to to be successful.

FML what an arsehole
The players are coaching themselves out there, with good reason.

Tonight has me concerned actually. These are the ones we usually drop

What? Details mate is this got something to do with the Fornaroli saga?
I can't find the tweet now (I'll keep looking) but seems basically they are pissed off that nobody is joining in the chants and everyone outside of the group just rips into them. The active support isn't really that active so they've just pulled the pin.

A lot of people on the outside of the group also mocking them for some half assed protest where they didn't make a noise for the first 23 minutes of the game, which included a goal (I believe this was against the Jets a couple of weeks ago).

There was a long thread of tweets about it which seems to have disappeared since 6:30 this morning. I first heard about it on the A-League memes on facebook page and dug into it from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting to listen to them Sunday, they made many references to the Heart rather than City.

At what point will City Group start questioning things? Or they happy to pull an Aaron Mooy/Daniel Arzani out of there every couple of years and soldier on?

If money ever became an issue it'd interesting.

Most likely, they'd be losing money hand over fist I imagine.
No way, they'd be definitely making gains on their returns. They pumped in 15m of capital in training facilities, plus the 11m paid for the acquisition, but those are capital assets they'll get a return on when/if they sell. Their operations might be running at a 1-2 mil loss per season like most other clubs in the league, but they are even well in front then when you factor in the money they made on Mooy and potentially Arzani going forward.

Most of City's issues are stemming from their on-field situation really ; the fans have had high expectations since the takeover and have been given consistently 'almost there but not quite' results ever since. It's hard for the fans to get properly savage because the results arent that bad, and likewise its been hard to get excited because the results arent that good either and theyve undoubtedly underachieved in every season based on squad strength. Not to mention our current style is so boringly blunt up top that you dont even have good football to keep you entertained.
It's led to the fans being stuck in some boring middle ground that leads to total apathy with the club.

Is the A-League going to discount tickets during the Asian Cup or are they pretending nobody will notice the best players are gone for a month?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back