NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant imagine they would get paid, just asked a mate who is a diff comp's CEO and he said no

He also told me that the EFL (clubs and players apparently) said they would only commit if its played on the MCG

Really

Last edited:
Cant imagine they would get paid, just asked a mate who is a diff comp's CEO and he said no

He also told me that the EFL (clubs and players apparently) said they would only commit if its played on the MCG

Really
I heard it may be about player payments.

Last year Ballarat and the Goulburn valley league played at the g

I heard this from a friend who heard it from his friend who heard it from another friend, It's because of money.
I have no idea if this is true. Do the players in rep teams get paid?
If you assume they do, how much would it be, is it some set figure (how would that be calculated) or do they get paid according to their club payment.
How much would it cost to put a rep team on the park?
Anyone have any ideas?
500 a pop

500 a pop
That's $221 less than what Balwyn were paying 8 years ago. If that's all they are getting, then it's less than the budget for a Premier Div side to put a team on the park each week. If that's the figure the only reason it could be money is if the players want more for playing in the Rep side.

Anyone know if the proposed rule changes were voted in for next year. Set starting positions, players can take off without kicking to themselves at a kick-in, you can now put hands on the back (but no pushing) and players deep in defence will have the man on the mark positioned in line with the top of the goal square, All, a la AFL.
If they have, it will be interesting to see how coaches respond early in the season without really seeing what tactics AFL coaches will employ.

Unfortunately didn't win $30M last night, I'm hoping that it means I'm destined to win Thursday night.
I have it from a good source (who may or may not be GMac) that these are the reasons behind the decision not to compete next year.
"Have been told there is a drop in interest from clubs with Intereague and it cost the EFL about $70,000 which is a lot of money for 1 game. Also with the new EFL structure it would have been harder to fit the EFL fixture into the schedule.The Essendon DFL pulled out last year for the same reason".
Still seems strange that the EFL haven't put out a statement!

Last edited:
EFL playing a very dangerous game with jr girls footy .... many clubs are in disarray just weeks out from the season starting .
Stacked clubs like Montrose running with big lists is gunna stifle growth and development. ( hear their running 30 u14 girls )
Flip side smaller clubs doing deals bringing squads together is a logistical nightmare .

Add to that the EFL writing rules on the run and you have a recipe for failure .

EFL playing a very dangerous game with jr girls footy .... many clubs are in disarray just weeks out from the season starting .
Stacked clubs like Montrose running with big lists is gunna stifle growth and development. ( hear their running 30 u14 girls )
Flip side smaller clubs doing deals bringing squads together is a logistical nightmare .

Add to that the EFL writing rules on the run and you have a recipe for failure .
What's your solution Dasher? How do you fix the problem?

What's your solution Dasher? How do you fix the problem?
The girls pool is not deep atm , and the Eastern Suberbs it littered with clubs .

Clubs need to stop worrying about their needs and focus on that is best for the girls game ...
And fact is .....right now every club Is behaving in the same way . Get in as many girls as possible then worry about how they get on the park .

Start by capping clubs in the girls Squads ... throw a number up ....25.
1 team per age group .
First in best dressed ... hand pick if ya like , I don’t care , but once 25 players are reg close that team .
Direct girls elsewhere .

EFL getting active on a players reg page .... any girl looking for a club can reg , leave sub of residence and a contact number / email .
Every club has direct access to that .... a pool for every one to pull from . Great option for the over flow girls. Parents not having to chase all over the country side .

Any news on EFL U19's this season especially the premier clubs.Who will not be fielding teams and will teams be graded this season.1st division U19's were very disappointing last year with a number of clubs not fielding sides and teams forfeiting,a tough job for the EFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doncaster will not have 19s & as far as I know neither will Balwyn.

Well I have heard Vermont and Lilydale are struggling for numbers which surprises me.Mitcham over 30 and really proud of the work our guys have put in to re build our club on the junior front and our facilities which we hope will attract new people to our club.

Last edited:
Well at least it has got at response from you,this forum lacks posters and at this stage not worth looking at.
Does the EFL insight passion ?
Guess if it did their would be more activity in here .

Lack of posters on this forum,Bob,Cliff etc ,WHY. ?
Sure, lack of posters, but if you look at how many people have checked out this thread, there have been 3,350 views and I don't reckon that they all got on to check out the latest news on the state of Mitcham's ground......... So despite you being pessimistic there is plenty of interest in whatever is discussed here.

Last edited:
Any news on EFL U19's this season especially the premier clubs.Who will not be fielding teams and will teams be graded this season.1st division U19's were very disappointing last year with a number of clubs not fielding sides and teams forfeiting,a tough job for the EFL.
Rams have good numbers this season.

I have heard that FTG will have 4 U17 teams this year. Many clubs are struggling to fill a side let alone have 4!

Eastern FM radio show cut off at 5pm, didnt even get the final scores on the way home, not sure whats up with that

MCG of the EFL said:
Lack of posters on this forum,Bob,Cliff etc ,WHY. ?
Sure, lack of posters, but if you look at how many people have checked out this thread, there have been 3,350 views and I don't reckon that they all got on to check out the latest news on the state of Mitcham's ground......... So despite you being pessimistic there is plenty of interest in whatever is discussed here.

3,587 now Gmac, and extra 237 views in about 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back