Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I've nommed Honky Tonk Women previously.

Thanks.

I was going to reply along those lines to Ulahoopski , but then I thought he must be overtired from all that shift work he’d been doing and wasn’t thinking too clearly.
Yeah, nah, I don't get to work and assess patients based on the likelihood of them taking time away from my ability to submit a theme for an online song contest. Sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes it prevents us from submitting votes until the last second. ;)
The theme is up, Loons can cringe over it, the playlist will be up tonight and everyone's BF life is back on track. Everything is back to normal in the first world. Phew. :rolleyes:

Yeah, nah, I don't get to work and assess patients based on the likelihood of them taking time away from my ability to submit a theme for an online song contest. Sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes it prevents us from submitting votes until the last second. ;)
The theme is up, Loons can cringe over it, the playlist will be up tonight and everyone's BF life is back on track. Everything is back to normal in the first world. Phew. :rolleyes:
If you knew you were going to be working on Sunday night, what would prevent you from writing a quick note to the host when you gave your votes? e.g. I won't be around on Sunday night. If I win, can you please post this theme... etc...

Hopefully when JoshWoodenSpoon takes a breather in between saving lives, he can check his inbox and confirm my nom sometime in the next 48 hours

#songcontestupdate #hostupdate

16 NOMS IN
10 COWBELLS
5 WOODBLOCKS
1 FENCESITTER
WAR CONTINUES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just submitted a nomination to JWS, I'm in! Looking forward to it!
Welcome aboard! Firstly, here are some important rules that need to be followed to be a part of this:

1. Impatience is a must
2. If the host releases noms late or makes a mistake with the results order, you must tell them that they're the #worsthostever (hashtag is a must)
3. You need to nom the most obscure song possible to get approval from a few. Sometimes, only 70s Ethiopian Psychedelic Jazz will suffice
4. You must constantly s**t on other people's taste and boast how good your's is

Enjoy your time.

You need to nom the most obscure song possible to get approval from a few. Sometimes, only 70s Ethiopian Psychedelic Jazz will suffice
Wow, let me tell you there's a certain participant who is now shaping up very, very nicely.

Welcome aboard! Firstly, here are some important rules that need to be followed to be a part of this:

1. Impatience is a must
2. If the host releases noms late or makes a mistake with the results order, you must tell them that they're the #worsthostever (hashtag is a must)
3. You need to nom the most obscure song possible to get approval from a few. Sometimes, only 70s Ethiopian Psychedelic Jazz will suffice
4. You must constantly s**t on other people's taste and boast how good your's is

Enjoy your time.
Wise words . Wish I had been given this advice when I joined haha.
1/4 for me- now I know what I have been doing wrong for the last 18+ months :D

1. Impatience is a must

Enjoy your time.

Thanks for the welcome roo2macca, glad to be here. In response to the rules:

1. You're speaking to someone who wanted a healthy drink but decided to have a Slurpee because the line at Boost Juice was 'too long'
2. I'll do everything in my power to make sure JoshWoodenSpoon knows he is the #worsthostever. Being late wasn't a good start (see Rule 1)
3. There are some dark dungeons of Spotify I'm willing to delve into to win this competition
4. One look at my Spotify listen history and you will be so jealous. Unless your history is 95% Taylor Swift, your taste in music is rubbish

Last edited:
...some important rules that need to be followed to be a part of this:
1. Impatience is a must
Hang on a sec... Is this the same song contest where people used to lose their hosting rights if they hadn't delivered a new theme within 45 minutes of the winner being announced? I seem to recall stepping in 2-3 times and telling impatient campaigners to back the f**k off and give the person a chance. And now I'm being branded as impatient because the #worsthostever took 12 hours to check in.

When did this all change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back