Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Then the whistle goes, the goal does not stand because he played on after the siren! Damn!
I think you can do that now if the mark is set and the siren has gone as long as you don't go past the line of the mark and get a more open angle, ie. the umpire sets the line and you can step back and kick it around the corner.

Off course you are right if he takes the mark plays on and the siren goes before he gets boot to ball.

I think you can do that now if the mark is set and the siren has gone as long as you don't go past the line of the mark and get a more open angle, ie. the umpire sets the line and you can step back and kick it around the corner.

Off course you are right if he takes the mark plays on and the siren goes before he gets boot to ball.
I thought that was only in AFLX And International Rules?
I thought in the AFL as soon as you step off the line of the mark, it’s play on?
Might be wrong if there has been recent changes!

Just finished reading All Systems Red myself. Have to say that I wasn't wowed by it in any way. I mean it was ok, so I will give it 3 stars on Goodreads but the whole ''self aware robot who just wants to be left alone and watch his serials'' underlying joke wore off incredible fast for me, I didn't really buy into his pessimistic/depressive attitude either. Even though it is a very short read I had hoped for some kind of exciting twist to the story involving one or more of the main characters around him, which didn't eventuate. Can't say as I will be following the rest of the series.

Now that aside lol, I am actually here to enquire about Alex Witherden for Supercoach purposes.
He seems an extremely popular pick in many teams thus far. Now I know he took a lot of the kick ins for you guys last year and has had two years of very solid scoring for a young player. My question is, what are people expecting of him in 2019 that makes him such a lock at the moment? Is it just natural improvement or some kind of role change or advantage with the new rules being introduced? Just looking for some insight to produce a clearer picture, thanks in advance and all the best for season 2019!

Now that aside lol, I am actually here to enquire about Alex Witherden for Supercoach purposes.
He seems an extremely popular pick in many teams thus far. Now I know he took a lot of the kick ins for you guys last year and has had two years of very solid scoring for a young player. My question is, what are people expecting of him in 2019 that makes him such a lock at the moment? Is it just natural improvement or some kind of role change or advantage with the new rules being introduced? Just looking for some insight to produce a clearer picture, thanks in advance and all the best for season 2019!

There is a SC/DT thread somewhere... but anyway, here goes

Haven’t done SuperCoach for years, so I don’t know how he’s scored previously. But he’s come back fitter this pre-season after a self-admitted blowout last year. I think we’d expect to see him possibly play a little further up the ground this year, possibly a bit more on a wing. Whether that will help or hinder his scoring, I couldn’t say. That half-back setup man position looks to be his bag mostly though. Teammates will look to find him to use his foot skills so I’d expect he’ll continue to rack up marks and possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if Fullarton goes on with it that will be a massive free kick for us.
I have a really good feeling about Tom Fullarton! His interview through the week shows he has an infectious, bright and bubbly personality as well.
What’s better, is I got his signed Guernsey after the last game last year.

Geez if Fullarton goes on with it that will be a massive free kick for us.
Hopefully it turns out to be a gargantuan free kick for us, this sort of thing is going to be a rare occurrence though.

If Tom Fullarton and James Madden can go on to have reasonable careers with us and we continue to develop those pathways and our academy systems this may mitigate the flow of talent going to non northern clubs by the scam that is NGAs.

Hopefully it turns out to be a gargantuan free kick for us, this sort of thing is going to be a rare occurrence though.

If Tom Fullarton and James Madden can go on to have reasonable careers with us and we continue to develop those pathways and our academy systems this may mitigate the flow of talent going to non northern clubs by the scam that is NGAs.

Isn’t it funny how there has been zero discussion on the NGA’s. Almost as if it’s okay since it benefits the Vic clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back