Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are in dangerous territory here - if it is found out that he won't be ready by r2 you will be accused of lying and deception to save your own reputation

We like to quantify the word "early" around here
I'll just have to take the risk..

And besides, I was only quoting Lairdy. If things don't pan out as expected, blame him! Then blame Hass!

Any other names to look out for?

I shall try and keep an eye on B Crouch and Macadam . Anyone else/
- the new kid(s) that impresses.
- the ones hobbling around in season 2018
- the ones hobbling around post-surgery
- the ones hobbling around in Noarlunga 9-11am.

I'll just have to take the risk..

And besides, I was only quoting Lairdy. If things don't pan out as expected, blame him! Then blame Hass!
No no no [head shakes]

Lairdy is a victim - blame Hass for putting him up to it them blame Burton

Not too many pollies go into.it for the coin.

Most could make more in the private sector.

It is ego and power.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"Most" wouldn't have got a job in the private sector if they weren't pollies 1st

And I know a few personally!

- the new kid(s) that impresses.
- the ones hobbling around in season 2018
- the ones hobbling around post-surgery
- the ones hobbling around in Noarlunga 9-11am.
And just for Wayne's-World I'll check Gloria Jeans for any of the older players

To anyone heading down to the open training session....

I don’t care what player(s) you focus on... but can you get plenty of pics and post as many of em up on this this thread as you could be bothered to..

You know the saying .... a picture tells a thousand words!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope to bravely overcome a bout of the Manflu and get to tomorrow’s training. If I can’t, can someone check the following;

How many players are in the main training group? Who is running laps? Who is missing?

At the pre-christmas training last year we only had 29 players in the main group (despite all reports that things were going smoothly). We usually fudge things through January and finally fess up at the start of February.

Currently we have Talia starting a 3 month recovery. Mackay, McPherson, Hartigan and Gallucci on recovery programs plus Stachan and Brouch on modified programs. Hopefully that means we should have at least 38 players in the main training group.

What number will it be this year? My guess is 28.

To anyone heading down to the open training session....

I don’t care what player(s) you focus on... but can you get plenty of pics and post as many of em up on this this thread as you could be bothered to..

You know the saying .... a picture tells a thousand words!.
Absolutely keen to hear how Fog goes in the runs, is McPherson kicking at all, and don't tell me if Brouch goes off the track early

I hope to bravely overcome a bout of the Manflu and get to tomorrow’s training. If I can’t, can someone check the following;

How many players are in the main training group? Who is running laps? Who is missing?

At the pre-christmas training last year we only had 29 players in the main group (despite all reports that things were going smoothly). We usually fudge things through January and finally fess up at the start of February.

Currently we have Talia starting a 3 month recovery. Mackay, McPherson, Hartigan and Gallucci on recovery programs plus Stachan and Brouch on modified programs. Hopefully that means we should have at least 38 players in the main training group.

Just no shaking of players/coaches hands or sneezing anywhere near the playing group.. or anything they touch...please..

Keep ya grubby man flu to yourself Jack! ;)...

There will always be players having quieter modified weeks

I’ll predict 32 in main group but think we have a pretty good fit squad currently that could easily be 38 if required

Laird mentioned how different it was to last preseason. Coaches really screwed the pooch preparing us for 2018.
I thought "screwing the pooch" was slightly more polite way of expressing "******* the dog", a quote or expression of essentially describing doing * all or goofing off? :p

I always took it as have done something that you shouldn’t do...
The Urban Dictionary provides a few examples like these 2 below:

* the dog
To do nothing at all, or at least nothing of productive use.
Bill was so hung over at work on monday, and the boss was out. He just sat at his desk and ****ed the dog all day

******* the dog
When someone is on the clock (at work) and they stand around acting busy and actually do nothing.
The supervisor approached the crew of ditch diggers and separated the two who had been leaning on their shovels talking. He said that any more inaction on the job would lead to their dimissal. Stating further, I'll have no ******* the dog on my watch!

Back