Prediction Who will finish higher in 2019 - Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood or Melbourne?

Who will finish higher?

• Richmond

Votes: 196 38.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 157 30.9%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 99 19.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 56 11.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because we hadn’t beaten you much recently does not make a subsequent win “lucky”. Being 44 points up at half time and then cruising to a 39 point win involves no luck.
We also don’t need to “back it up” with another win to prove anything. Neither do the Eagles need to beat us again to “prove” their win was justified.
In cut throat finals you get one shot. No luck, no second chances.
I’ve accepted our loss to the Eagles, it’s about time you did the same with your loss to us.

Maybe read the garbage i was responding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we hadn’t beaten you much recently does not make a subsequent win “lucky”. Being 44 points up at half time and then cruising to a 39 point win involves no luck.
We also don’t need to “back it up” with another win to prove anything. Neither do the Eagles need to beat us again to “prove” their win was justified.
In cut throat finals you get one shot. No luck, no second chances.
I’ve accepted our loss to the Eagles, it’s about time you did the same with your loss to us.
He says 'stick to topic' , then repeats the drivel previously written by his Richmond supporting counterparts.

They are out of control. Imagine what they'd be like if they actually delivered in 2018?

Last edited:

Mate, stick to the topic. Otherwise we will denigrate it into a shitfight on the arrogance and stupidity we had to read on the board by the likes of you for years. Suck it up and move on. And 2 wins in 8 attempts from your mob over us in recent times suggests that prelim was a lucky win. Back it up in R2 next year then we’ll talk.

The previous 9 games were 8-1 our way. The wheel turns -it's turning again.

He says 'stick to topic' , then repeats the drivel previous written by his Richmond supporting counterparts.

They are out of control. Imagine what they'd be like if they actually delivered in 2018?

It’s funny how you talk about us. In 2017 most were happy we got up and then some “thin skinned” posters got offended at the old taunting threads we bumped etc.
Yet the pies supporters were such w***ers leading into the granny that i have never seen so much support for an interstate club to win. So maybe rather than focusing on Richmond, maybe some internal reflection is required by the likes of yourself.

The previous 9 games were 8-1 our way. The wheel turns -it's turning again.

No probs Nostradamus.

Richmond Melbourne would be good too

Watched this years Anzac Day game the other day. Geez both teams cracked in.

In whose universe does ONE Preliminary Final take precedence over a win in the Grand Final? According to Eddiewood supporters nothing compares with 2018 PF victory over Tiges. They have now proclaimed they are a monty for this year's flag. A number of hurdles to overcome this year, the draw, poor record against top sides, and last but not least......INJURIES.

What Tigers fans don’t realise is that their 2017 flag is as irrelevant as Collingwood’s 15 premierships. That premiership only matters to Richmond supporters.

Unless your team’s the most recent premier, “we won a grand final” and derivatives of is the stupidest argument on this site. Fantastic, good for you, Collingwood’s won 15. What’s your point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Melbourne would be good too
Whereas a Richmond v Melbourne GF may be “good”, a Collingwood v Melbourne GF would be epic.
Just spend 2 minutes in the MCC and you’ll quickly find out who Melbourne hate the most.
Same with dopey Carlton. If they can ever get their act together, a Collingwood v Carlton GF would be epic.

You see it’s all about Collingwood. We are the hated rival as we are number one. No one else can compare.

Whereas a Richmond v Melbourne GF may be “good”, a Collingwood v Melbourne GF would be epic.
Just spend 2 minutes in the MCC and you’ll quickly find out who Melbourne hate the most.
Same with dopey Carlton. If they can ever get their act together, a Collingwood v Carlton GF would be epic.

You see it’s all about Collingwood. We are the hated rival as we are number one. No one else can compare.
So you admit that your club and supporters are arrogant????
Despite your horrible strike rate(win/loss in GF?)

What Tigers fans don’t realise is that their 2017 flag is as irrelevant as Collingwood’s 15 premierships. That premiership only matters to Richmond supporters.

Unless your team’s the most recent premier, “we won a grand final” and derivatives of is the stupidest argument on this site. Fantastic, good for you, Collingwood’s won 15. What’s your point?
What does that say about 2018 Pf win and subsequent GF choke?

So you admit that your club and supporters are arrogant????
Despite your horrible strike rate(win/loss in GF?)
It’s not arrogance.
It’s factual.
Collingwood are the number one rival and GF’s involving us are on a level that other teams don’t reach.
It’s not arrogance either to suggest a WCE v Freo GF would be epic, nor Port v Adel.
They would be epic, it’s just fact.
It’s just recognising who the big ticket item is and for Victorian teams, that’s Collingwood.

The point is we still have 22 of those premiership players on our list and Sept 2017 is only 15 months ago. You can down play it all you like but the list is still as strong if not stronger than it was back when we won it.

We have weaknesses like any other team, that's the exciting thing about 2019, will be looking forward to see if we have learnt anything from them.

Trying to down play another teams recent success just makes you sound bitter and sad.

It’s not arrogance.
It’s factual.
Collingwood are the number one rival and GF’s involving us are on a level that other teams don’t reach.
It’s not arrogance either to suggest a WCE v Freo GF would be epic, nor Port v Adel.
They would be epic, it’s just fact.
It’s just recognising who the big ticket item is and for Victorian teams, that’s Collingwood.
Use to be just Vic sides who prefer to play the pies in the gf in September.As you proved this year you can now add interstate sides.

Collingwood has played in a record 44 VFL/AFL Grand Finals (including rematches), winning 15, drawing two and losing 27 (also a record).
Now that's what I call success
So what you are saying is that despite losing 27 Grand Finals, we have still won more than Richmond and are only one short of the competition record?

Supporting an AFL club is about riding every bump of every game of every season.

I feel privileged to be a Collingwood supporter in that during my life I have only seen one short period of time where we have been mediocre (mid to late 90's) and I have witnessed many great home and away wins, finals wins and Grand Final wins, many times when we had far from the most talented squad in the competition.

When we were mediocre, it was frustrating to watch. Noone likes their team to be the laughing stock of the competition. I can somewhat empathise with you, I'm just fortunate that our period of mediocrity lasted only a handful of years, and not three plus decades like you were subjected to.

Last edited:
It’s funny how you talk about us. In 2017 most were happy we got up and then some “thin skinned” posters got offended at the old taunting threads we bumped etc.
Yet the pies supporters were such w***ers leading into the granny that i have never seen so much support for an interstate club to win. So maybe rather than focusing on Richmond, maybe some internal reflection is required by the likes of yourself.

Pies supporters gave it to the Tigers in response to their continual arrogance since the 2017 Premiership. We copped #moralvictory and #sobrave constantly, we were reminded of our record against top 8 sides constantly, Richmond supporters were absolute flogs for 51 weeks. You copped your right whack when we handed you your own gonads on a platter on Preliminary Final night.

Richmond supporters might have jumped on West Coast for the Grand Final because of the way we gave it to you, that is fair enough.

Other Victorians jumped on West Coast for the same reason as they always have.

It's called Tall Poppy Syndrome. Everyone wants to knock down the biggest and the best.

Pies supporters gave it to the Tigers in response to their continual arrogance since the 2017 Premiership. We copped #moralvictory and #sobrave constantly, we were reminded of our record against top 8 sides constantly, Richmond supporters were absolute flogs for 51 weeks. You copped your right whack when we handed you your own gonads on a platter on Preliminary Final night.

Richmond supporters might have jumped on West Coast for the Grand Final because of the way we gave it to you, that is fair enough.

Other Victorians jumped on West Coast for the same reason as they always have.

It's called Tall Poppy Syndrome. Everyone wants to knock down the biggest and the best.

Nope, wrong, as i said, the main offences started occurring on the MB once all the arrogant, wankfest threads that had been allowed for years got bumped. That was were the carry on occurred. And the true thin skinned nature of a lot of posters got exposed. And well done on the prelim victory. You guys sound alot like Port supporters after they rolled us a few years ago. History shows us how that worked out since.

You’re assuming the only people wanting Collingwood to lose was Richmond? Mate, you couldn’t be more wrong and clearly don’t get out much or venture off the pies board. It had nothing to do with tall poppy syndrome. It was a case of pies supporters acting like w***ers. It’s not that complicated.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Back