Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

No my point is well made. Being questioned on topics that extend from my point are fine but being asked to re-explain my point because you cannot grasp it is not useful for my time. Get a tutor.
Maybe take your own advice, you said in the post i replied to, that it is now harder to win with more teams.

Like i said, if you don't like being questioned about mistakes, stick with the original post and stop with the crap

West Coast did everything to prove that they were the best side. Beating Richmond and Pies 3 times. Choke or not the best team won it.

Unfortunately many people fail to understand a 5 goal lead isn't what it was in the 70's. They were within 15 points at quarter time after 2 quick goals. The lead meant bugger all.

End of the day its so hard to stay up these days so really hard to see what the future holds. I believe we have far more talent than the bulldogs who really relied on effort and game plan hence the quick drop away.

You can be super dominate like Richmond but means bugger all if you can't make it to the last day and win!

As others have pointed out, West Coast dominated general play across the whole second half - a loss for them would have been a proper choke given some of the opportunities they blew in front of goal in that last quarter. The way the game was played, West Coast were a five or six goal better side on the day. Whoever says it’s a Collingwood choke either purely wants to stir up Collingwood supporters or can’t actually remember the game very well.

Maybe take your own advice, you said in the post i replied to, that it is now harder to win with more teams.

Like i said, if you don't like being questioned about mistakes, stick with the original post and stop with the crap
I wonder if Hawthorn think it is harder to win flags now than it was 70 to 100 years ago?

As others have pointed out, West Coast dominated general play across the whole second half - a loss for them would have been a proper choke given some of the opportunities they blew in front of goal in that last quarter. The way the game was played, West Coast were a five or six goal better side on the day. Whoever says it’s a Collingwood choke either purely wants to stir up Collingwood supporters or can’t actually remember the game very well.
Indeed. Wasn't a choke at all as Collingwood were brilliant. Brilliant all year, in the finals, and on Grand Final day. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly jealous.

At the end of the day, Collingwood were better than 16 other teams, and very nearly 17.

De Goey primed for a massive season barring injury and the Pies, a serious tilt for the flag.

The latter will happen imo and the former, big chance for the Brownlow. Not a bad little combo to have.

Collingwood didn’t choke in the Grand Final? Hahaha now I’ve heard it all

De Goey primed for a massive season barring injury and the Pies, a serious tilt for the flag.

The latter will happen imo and the former, big chance for the Brownlow. Not a bad little combo to have.
Nah their kpp stocks are terrible. Wont make top 4

You should really stop trolling and get over the beating they dished out to you in the Prelim. They beat you fair and square mate.

You can't handle defeat like a man. Grow up.
I’ve had great discussions with multiple Collingwood supporters on the main board where I have raised my concerns about their list and the majority of them have engaged me in a mature manner and debated the topic at hand. Believe it or not, but some people actually enjoy discussing footy on here and are capable of doing it like adults. Unfortunately you’ve got the wrong impression of me. In the future you should challenge my statements rather than make misinformed presumptions. I guarantee that you will receive a respectful reply and you’ll be engaged in a worthwhile discussion. You will also save yourself from looking like an idiot in the future.

You should really stop trolling and get over the beating they dished out to you in the Prelim. They beat you fair and square mate.

You can't handle defeat like a man. Grow up.

Still having nightmares about big Cox I bet, that’s if he hadn’t left the stadium/turned off the telly already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had great discussions with multiple Collingwood supporters on the main board where I have raised my concerns about their list and the majority of them have engaged me in a mature manner and debated the topic at hand. Believe it or not, but some people actually enjoy discussing footy on here and are capable of doing it like adults.

No you don’t, you’re post history is 100% baiting and s**t posting which makes you look like a complete clown.

No you don’t, you’re post history is 100% baiting and s**t posting which makes you look like a complete clown.
Wrong. Even in this thread there are healthy exchanges between myself, Dynamics, caloschwaby and swiftdog (all Pie fans).

Haha I even had a civilised conversation with yourself. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Collingwood didn’t choke in the Grand Final? Hahaha now I’ve heard it all
All emotion aside and purely looking at how the game WENT, there simply wasn't a choke (as we define it) First 5 goals of the game? Not unheard of for a team to get really hot at the start of the game.
By QRT time the margin was reduced to 17, not too difficult to over come.
Half-Time, margin reduced to 12, pretty good indication that a good contest is going on between to well-matched teams.
3QRT time, scores are level. Dead even.
Full-time, we know the final score, 5 point margin.

We see this in football games quite a lot and we don't call this "choking".
Looking at how the game WENT, the Pies were red hot in the opening of the game, Eagles/non-Pies fans will not dispute this.
As the game went on the Eagles matched and then after half time, began to out-play the Pies, I nor other Pies fans will not dispute this.

The claim that "hur hur Collywood choked" is a cheap laugh made by those who clearly didn't watch how the game WAS and instead formulate said claim from an emotional standpoint. I've found 99% of people spouting this barrack for teams who did not make the Grand Final. Never hear West Coast supporters say it because they WATCHED the game and they know it was a hard-faught game.

Never hear West Coast supporters say it because they WATCHED the game and they know it was a hard-faught game.

Most GFs are hard fought even when the margin is not close at the end. I don't think the Pies choked. After the Pies skipped out to an early lead, it was inevitable WC would get back into the game but not inevitable they would get over the line.

Truthfully the Pies effort reminded me of umpteen performances over the past two years from my mob. The Bloods often burst out of the blocks and establish a four or five goal lead and then enter a war of attrition where our coach applies the hand brake. Often as not we get over the line after these fast starts but sometimes we don't.

This year's Grannie had the hallmarks of a come from behind win by quarter time. I am not saying Buckley was outcoached but I am sure he has had a long reflection on why it was that WC looked the better and better organised team for the bulk of the match.

All emotion aside and purely looking at how the game WENT, there simply wasn't a choke (as we define it) First 5 goals of the game? Not unheard of for a team to get really hot at the start of the game.
By QRT time the margin was reduced to 17, not too difficult to over come.
Half-Time, margin reduced to 12, pretty good indication that a good contest is going on between to well-matched teams.
3QRT time, scores are level. Dead even.
Full-time, we know the final score, 5 point margin.

We see this in football games quite a lot and we don't call this "choking".
Looking at how the game WENT, the Pies were red hot in the opening of the game, Eagles/non-Pies fans will not dispute this.
As the game went on the Eagles matched and then after half time, began to out-play the Pies, I nor other Pies fans will not dispute this.

The claim that "hur hur Collywood choked" is a cheap laugh made by those who clearly didn't watch how the game WAS and instead formulate said claim from an emotional standpoint. I've found 99% of people spouting this barrack for teams who did not make the Grand Final. Never hear West Coast supporters say it because they WATCHED the game and they know it was a hard-faught game.
It was a choke by definition. You were heavily favoured to win and you squandered in the dying moments. Researchers have labeled choking as “a decrease in performance under pressure”. Your performance tapered as the game went on and you failed to deliver in the big moments. The occassion overawed most of your players. It was a textbook choke.

West Coast fans probably respect your performance and are showing some humility in victory, whereas neutrals will be more forthright with their assessments. Not sure why it’s a big deal if you choked anyway. Doesn’t change the result.

It was a choke by definition. You were heavily favoured to win and you squandered in the dying moments.
That is not a choke, that is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory which we have seen numerous times in AFL/VFL history.
By your exact definition, Richmond choked but we wouldn't say they did? Why not?

Not sure why it’s a big deal if you choked anyway. Doesn’t change the result.
Because it's a childish, emotion-driven claim that can only be made to appeal to football fans of the lowest common denomination. Those who didn't watch the game.

West Coast did everything to prove that they were the best side. Beating Richmond and Pies 3 times. Choke or not the best team won it.

Unfortunately many people fail to understand a 5 goal lead isn't what it was in the 70's. They were within 15 points at quarter time after 2 quick goals. The lead meant bugger all.

End of the day its so hard to stay up these days so really hard to see what the future holds. I believe we have far more talent than the bulldogs who really relied on effort and game plan hence the quick drop away.

You can be super dominate like Richmond but means bugger all if you can't make it to the last day and win!

Well spoken, Sir.
Said the same since September (and mostly my own teams' fans who try and take issue with me) ... it was not a choke.
The margin was 17 points at quarter time, what four at half time and level at three quarter time.
A minute to go Collingwood are in front. For all of West Coast's supposed dominance they took their time overhauling the Pies.
It was an arm-wrestle, pure and simple .... five goals in today's game is nothing.
I wish people would see the game for what it was ... a classic and genuine four quarter contest. The best side won but they were pushed the whole way.
Good luck to your Pies in '19. As you say it's hard to stay up and nothing is guaranteed.

Indeed. Wasn't a choke at all as Collingwood were brilliant. Brilliant all year, in the finals, and on Grand Final day. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly jealous.

At the end of the day, Collingwood were better than 16 other teams, and very nearly 17.

Good to see others see things for what they were.
Respect from this Richmond fan.

The uneducated, ill informed or maybe just plain ignorant, don’t realise the Eagles hit the front by 2 points with a Yeo goal 20 min into 3rd Q in the GF.
For the remaining 40 min of the GF, it was an arm wrestle. Eagles out scored Pies by 3 points over those remaining 40 minutes.
Were the Eagles lucky.. no
Did the Pies choke....no
It was just a great game - hammer and tong like a GF should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back