Movies & TV What's the last movie you saw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind that actually, I'll trust Spielberg's artistic freedom
He is good at it.

Jurassic Park & Minority Report both were very different from the original story but the ideals were the same.

The easter eggs in this thing are nuts, but they don't take you out of the movie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Saw BlacKkKlansman today. Impressive movie, but probable not if you're looking for action or light entertainment. It definitely has a message.

Loved the soundtrack, might just be a baby boomer thing. ELP brings back memories of sitting around in darkened rooms in illegal states of mind.

Saw First Man on the weekend.

Lots of shaking and vibrating, :Dkinda glad I didn't see it in VMAX with premium sound.

Seriously it's sorta in newsreel format. Good movie. I actually vaguely remember getting a day off school and watching the moon landing at a neigbours. TV was new and not every house had one in those days.

The Candidate 1972 (Robert Redford)

9/10. Great watch.

One of the greatest scenes in a political movie ever, when he’s in the back of the car having a melt down with his stump speech - we can no longer feed the foodless, we’re playing off black against the young, old against the poor, we can’t house the houseless blah, bla-blah blah-blah.

2018 movies for me

New releases:
Avengers - Infinity Wars - Loved it
Aquaman - Editing pretty suss but a "rollicking good flick"
Deadpool 2 - Loved it
Bumblebee - Aimed at teens and largely forgettable

Reruns:
The Martian - Amazing movie, one of my "best ever"
Moneyball - Love the revolution in sport, which also led indirectly to fantasy sport
#42 - Another top 10 movie for me
Saving Private Ryan - I'm not particularly into heavy movies but another must watch
The Trinity trio - Don't judge me, I love these movies, the ultimate spaghetti westerns :p
The Jungle Book 1 and 2 - I much prefer the animated version for it's soundtrack and vibe, but the second was magnificent to watch

Mortal engines was Star Wars on land but I enjoyed it and is the sort of movie I could watch again. Visuals were phenomenal
Watched it recently.

The ideas and visual effects were great.

Just didnt get into it for some reason. Dont know if the actors were the reason or directors.
But yeah.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2018 movies for me

New releases:
Avengers - Infinity Wars - Loved it
Aquaman - Editing pretty suss but a "rollicking good flick"
Deadpool 2 - Loved it
Bumblebee - Aimed at teens and largely forgettable

Reruns:
The Martian - Amazing movie, one of my "best ever"
Moneyball - Love the revolution in sport, which also led indirectly to fantasy sport
#42 - Another top 10 movie for me
Saving Private Ryan - I'm not particularly into heavy movies but another must watch
The Trinity trio - Don't judge me, I love these movies, the ultimate spaghetti westerns :p
The Jungle Book 1 and 2 - I much prefer the animated version for it's soundtrack and vibe, but the second was magnificent to watch
I agree the Martian was a brilliant movie, and Saving Private Ryan a classic.

Otherwise our tastes tastes differ.

My standouts firlast year

The Post

Nostalgia for story is part if it, but Tom Hanks is brilliant as well. Add Meryl Streep and it's almost too much class under one roof.

Sweet Country

I saw it again on SBS on the weekend on SBS and it's just as good. Honestly I saw it as a new release on a hot day seeking a couole of hours in the cool. It's a gem of a movie though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back