2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the thought on Dunkley, possibly losing more midfield time with Wallis, Libba both coming back. could this mean scoring goes down for Dunkley?

In my current team

Watching his JLT with all these guys in the side will be important.

Libbas the only one returning really. Wallis played the majority of the year and certainly was there when Dunkley went on his tear.

Whats the thought on Dunkley, possibly losing more midfield time with Wallis, Libba both coming back. could this mean scoring goes down for Dunkley?
Wait and see for me. I won't be starting with him but he'll be my first upgrade target if he goes okay.

I am a big fan of him but i don't think i am going to start him unless he kills it in JLT.

Libba may take some of his minutes but i think he has/will go past Wallis so i'm not so worried about those two. It's more just a matter of how stacked that Dogs midfield is, for a team that isn't considered to be a top team at the moment they have a claim to being one of the absolute best midfields in the comp.

Midpricers to strongly consider for me would be:

Zac Williams
Callum Mills (Really interested to see his role in JLT) has bulked up alot which hints at inside midfield
Andrew McGrath (Now a pure wingman, scored very well in juniors)
Milera
Birchall
B.Smith
K.Kolo
Houli
Nic Newman

J.Hopper
Dom Sheed
Hannebery
B.Crouch
Liberatore
Viney
Hunter Clark
A.Brayshaw (Freo)

J.Trengove (WBD)
T.English (WBD)

Petracca
Worpel
Tom lynch (Both)
J.Darling
Fantasia

Last edited:
Newman and Gawn or Laird and Krue

Newman and Gawn or Laird and Krue

Yeah Defs Laird and Kruezer . I think Newman could be one of those hit and miss options this year, and with Kruezer if he doesn't start well you can always downgrade him to Mumford after Round 2 and save your self 100K for probably very similar scoring output

Yeah Defs Laird and Kruezer . I think Newman could be one of those hit and miss options this year, and with Kruezer if he doesn't start well you can always downgrade him to Mumford after Round 2 and save your self 100K for probably very similar scoring output
That’s actually a great call on Kreuzer. Start him and then boot him 2 rounds in and pocket 100k to Mumford. Or if he’s killing it, keep him

I think smiths scores may drop a bit but he will still be a top 6 fwd. last year he broke the tackles record and a huge amount of his points came from tackles so I’m hedging my bets that those numbers may drop a bit with a little less pure mid time with the addition of Shiel. He may very well prove me wrong but I don’t see him pulling the regular 7/8 tackles a game to boost his scores. I’m starting the year with Tim kelly over him who I think will out perform him and considerably cheaper for a premo
I'm going with Kelly. Don't know if he'll be higher than Smith but he will be top 6-8 and is far better value.

Wait and see for me. I won't be starting with him but he'll be my first upgrade target if he goes okay.
I am a big fan of him but i don't think i am going to start him unless he kills it in JLT.

Libba may take some of his minutes but i think he has/will go past Wallis so i'm not so worried about those two. It's more just a matter of how stacked that Dogs midfield is, for a team that isn't considered to be a top team at the moment they have a claim to being one of the absolute best midfields in the comp.

Who you guys going with in your forward line instead?

Who you guys going with in your forward line instead?
Devon Smith and Danger are the only two forwards who scream - guaranteed Top 6 Forward for my mind, so I will be starting with them. F3 will depend on team makeup, my initial team had a super weak midfield with Setterfield at 3 and Sloane in the midfield, but i've been toying around with cutting Sloane (M6) for a Rookie and movin a rookie up to Wingard in the forward line. I see a bit of value in Wingard but JLT form will help there if we see where the Hawks will play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Williams
Callum Mills (Really interested to see his role in JLT) has bulked up alot which hints at inside midfield
Milera
Birchall
B.Smith
K.Kolo
Houli
Nic Newman

J.Hopper
Dom Sheed
Hannebery
B.Crouch
Liberatore
Viney
Hunter Clark
A.Brayshaw (Freo)

J.Trengove (WBD)
T.English (WBD)

Petracca
Worpel
Tom lynch (Both)
J.Darling
Fantasia

Good list, thoughts on Roberton? J Higgins?

Zac Williams
Milera
Birchall
B.Smith
K.Kolo
Houli
Nic Newman

J.Hopper
Dom Sheed
Hannebery
B.Crouch
Liberatore
Viney
Hunter Clark
A.Brayshaw (Freo)

J.Trengove (WBD)
T.English (WBD)

Petracca
Worpel
Tom lynch (Both)
J.Darling
Fantasia
Good list, thoughts on Roberton? J Higgins?

Agreed.

My current list is:

Likely yes: Setterfield, Brad crouch, Zac Williams
Strong consideration: Brodie Smith, Andrew McGrath, Dylan Roberton
Maybe depending on injuries: Hanley, Birchall, Milera, Bennell

Watch: Steele, Lobb, Hibberd, Liberatore, Hopper, Miles, Dahlhaus

Agreed.

My current list is:

Likely yes: Setterfield, Brad crouch, Zac Williams
Strong consideration: Brodie Smith, Andrew McGrath, Dylan Roberton
Maybe depending on injuries: Hanley, Birchall, Milera, Bennell

Watch: Steele, Lobb, Hibberd, Liberatore, Hopper, Miles, Dahlhaus
Steele could go 110 this year

with the added possessions, we could possibly go cheaper in the forward line and maybe go 4 premium deep in the backline! will be interesting to see how fantasy coaches play it this year with the backline.

I think that’s definitely what I will be looking at doing this year and approach the start of the year with a different strategy then last. Looking at batting deep in the backline and utilising the fwd rookies as that seems to be where some good value is. Current backline now with this news is Lloyd, Blakely, witherden, b smith, Williams and Collins.

With the new rules I can see an increase of 15pts each to their scores

What do bombers fans see as Zac Clarkes role this year? Will he play and be a regular best 22 or more of a backup?

I think it will depend on what they do with McKernan, they won't be able to play Belchambers, Clarke and Mckernan in the same team. But i could see Bellchambers and Clarke playing together, Clarke played a fair bit in the forward line over here in the WAFL this season and Tommy can definitely play forward.

The other thing is if Daniher doesn't come back early in the season, i think the likelihood of Clarke and Belchambers playing is very high, but will also depend on matchups of oppositions.

Its gotta be a JLT watch and then gotta hear it from Woosha's mouth with what he plans to do with the Ruckmen as i believe a fair few teams will revert back to the two rucks again this year and especially with the new ruck rules too.

What do bombers fans see as Zac Clarkes role this year? Will he play and be a regular best 22 or more of a backup?

Backup for me.... although Woosha has always liked several talls

I just think hes behind Bellchambers, Daniher and Mckernan.... maybe even Jimmy Stewart pending form. I prefer the chop out from Daniher or Mckernan.

Was a bit hard to screenshot off Instagram, but here's what the top defenders would have averaged last season if the new rules were in place, in the 'revised average' section.

Lloyd🔒
Laird🔒
Sicily🤔

Screenshot_20190117-163337_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20190117-163344_Instagram.jpg

Although Brodie Smith will probably take lots of those extra points from Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back