GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite a few saying Cam Addie to the Cheetahs, sorry Giants, done deal.....

Thatd be huge if that happens. Also a fairly big chunk of their points in one player as well. West dont have all too many points free'd up this year. Interesting decision.

Thatd be huge if that happens. Also a fairly big chunk of their points in one player as well. West dont have all too many points free'd up this year. Interesting decision.
Pretty sure he played with them for one or two seasons before he went to Bell post hill and so he might go there as a two point player instead of a four!

interesting reading that Jake Barlow training back with Barwon Heads.
Whats the predictions for Hill this season coming?

Pretty sure he played with them for one or two seasons before he went to Bell post hill and so he might go there as a two point player instead of a four!

Official Krock footy: Cam Addie has returned to Geelong West after eight seasons at Bell Post Hill.
Smart recruiting, so he is only worth 2 points???? Bugger me - Someone said he played a few junior games there and could only be 1 point? Good luck to them I suppose.
Without fully checking the draw and who plays who twice:
Top four for me Bannockburn, Thomson, Geelong West, Werribee, rest fighting for 5th........
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the GDFL clubs, should be a good 2019.

Official Krock footy: Cam Addie has returned to Geelong West after eight seasons at Bell Post Hill.
Smart recruiting, so he is only worth 2 points???? Bugger me - Someone said he played a few junior games there and could only be 1 point? Good luck to them I suppose.
Top four for me Bannockburn, Thomson, Geelong West, Werribee, rest fighting for 5th........
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the GDFL clubs, should be a good 2019.

I would have Thomson west and winch as my top 3. Banno 4th inver 5th

Interesting. I agree with Thomson but not sure on West and also very interested in why Winch. I haven’t given them all too much thought.

Winch's best footy from rd 1-9 was as good as anyone in the league. They haven't lost players, they have added 3 good gfl players, well coached with some good young kids that will keep getting better. Lots of upside.

Winch's best footy from rd 1-9 was as good as anyone in the league. They haven't lost players, they have added 3 good gfl players, well coached with some good young kids that will keep getting better. Lots of upside.

Youre right, their first 9 rounds was very good footy.
I havent seen them announce any of their recruits yet, who did they pick up?

Youre right, their first 9 rounds was very good footy.
I havent seen them announce any of their recruits yet, who did they pick up?

From k-Rock Footy's ins and out page. Dylan Williams (grovedale), Adam Stirling (st.albans), Jye price (Western Eagles) and leigh Ellis (grovedale) leigh is a jet.

How are Belmont tracking Punchy? Any other recruits other then Costello and Podnar? Where do you see belmont in 2019?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brodie edge gone aswell???

As well...??? Everyone re-signed and committed last year so will have the full list plus have picked up 8-10 decent recruits but no superstars, get a few good seniors back that missed alot of games last year due to injury, we will be good and competitive, we did our tips and I had us 10-8 BUT that was when I thought Bannock might struggle then they recruited well so maybe back to 9-9 I hope...gonna be a good year and more even I think.
And yes, sadly Brodie may be going home to Terang purely for personal and family reasons, will be missed, great captain and person.

Another one officially gone from BPH.
Jake Barlow announced tonight as an Apollo Bay player.

Wow that's a large number of key players gone: Barlow, Addie, Ettridge, Costello and Podnar. Plus any retirements that may occur.

I could be naive but do Apollo Bay have a different salary cap to the $ 80K announced by AFLBarwon - a club who has made finals once in 10 years and doing a lot of recruiting ..... Torquay revisited !!!!!!

I could be naive but do Apollo Bay have a different salary cap to the $ 80K announced by AFLBarwon - a club who has made finals once in 10 years and doing a lot of recruiting ..... Torquay revisited !!!!!!
Who cares....this is a gdfl forum

GDFL is $90000 with the two higher grades even more, not sure about CDFL though, remember though, taking injury and various other factors into account you could easily start with $120000 on the books but only pay out $90000 at seasons end, most clubs only pay for games played

GDFL is $90000 with the two higher grades even more, not sure about CDFL though, remember though, taking injury and various other factors into account you could easily start with $120000 on the books but only pay out $90000 at seasons end, most clubs only pay for games played

I wouldnt have thought good managed clubs would be doing this. What happens if they get a good run with thier "high paid players" and they dont miss time and get to round 13-14 and think they only have a couple grand to play with. What happened then?

Understand players do get injured etc but your playing a dangerous game that way

Well throw Anakie in the list of improving clubs.....Some handy pickups at Fairy Park, all signed at the Hotham ha ha - Weigl solid CHB good addition.

KROCK Footy: The Roos have confirmed the signings of Geelong West (GFL) big man Kadison McEwan-Walsh and Lara trio Dan Weigl, Daniel Green and Mitch Gavin for 2019.

I wouldnt have thought good managed clubs would be doing this. What happens if they get a good run with thier "high paid players" and they dont miss time and get to round 13-14 and think they only have a couple grand to play with. What happened then?

Understand players do get injured etc but your playing a dangerous game that way
without doubt you are entirely correct, maybe there is a reason for clubs at the top end of the ladder resting big names prior to finals, also you don’t need to be a rhodes scholar to work out that a fair bit of dodgy s**t still happens in local footy

Had a look at Thomson last night....looks like they have a few good recruits in Jono Casey, Jarrod Westwood and Zach Plant. Some other new blokes looked very good but not sure who they were.

Last edited:
Well throw Anakie in the list of improving clubs.....Some handy pickups at Fairy Park, all signed at the Hotham ha ha - Weigl solid CHB good addition.

KROCK Footy: The Roos have confirmed the signings of Geelong West (GFL) big man Kadison McEwan-Walsh and Lara trio Dan Weigl, Daniel Green and Mitch Gavin for 2019.

Kad will be a very good player in the GDFL.

Big frame but is very versatile being able to play a key forward/back/second ruck roll.

Has a booming kick on him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back