Teams 2019 Rate My Team (RMT) pre-JLT edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez there's some great rookie names in there. Clavarino, Butts, Frederick and Duursma, but then Schlensog clearly takes the cake. Got no idea who or what a Schlensog is but if he gets a game this year he's in my team. Just get Irving Mosquito in there soon.
But really, I like this team, lots of strong picks although I think Beams, Kreuzer and Greene are too much of an injury risk and not that much room for improvement.
Haha, yeah, Schlensog's nickname would have to be 'Schlong'
Westhoff is there as ruck insurance, Beams is a watch as are the others mentioned, could go Macca>Fyfe + Beams>Oliver
Keen to see how Dunkley and Heeney go in JLT

My locks...

Laird. Safe 100, won't be tagged.
Lloyd. Killed it last year, predicted points increase with new rules.
Cripps. Freak. Need I say more?
Zerrett. Priced very nicely and majority will run with him.
M Crouch. Knows how to find the pill. This is a dude who found more of the ball than Mitchell (2?) years back.
Grundy. Again, just a freak.
Dangerfield. Lost 4kg already, has been quoted as wanting to destroy this season. Ablett into forward line has been pretty much confirmed so I see an increase on last year for Danger.
Heeney. Controversial I know...but he's a safe 90 and honestly I think the forward line is risky at the top prices and falls off quickly afterwards.
Could be wrong but fairly sure M Crouch only found more of the pill than big Tom a few years back because he played finals (through to GF) and Mitchell didn’t. Although I see your point. Absolute magnet

Im looking at starting with a Lloyd, Blakely, Witho backline, it looks risky, but i think these 3 will be in the top 6 defenders at the end of the season and all 3 have massive upside in 2019.
Is the Lloyd upside purely based on the kick out rule? Didn't he have a prety true to form season last year?

Is the Lloyd upside purely based on the kick out rule? Didn't he have a prety true to form season last year?
Lloyd took the kick ins 56% of the time last year and even if half of those are play on kicks he will potentially bump 5-10 points a game purely on that, so with that upside it has to be considered as a D1 option.

For me, as said in other thread, planning to build up from locks and add over the course of the pre-season.

Current locks are 2 in each line currently.

D: Witherden (D2), ZWilliams (D4)
M: Zerrett (M1), BCrouch (M5)
R: Grundy (R1), Xerri (R4)
F: Dangerfield (F1), Setterfield (F4/5)

Aim is to keep a very open mind!
Interesting you have BCrouch as a lock, if he remains fit but has doesn't show much in JLT will you still pick him? His body just terrifies me but such a class player.

My locks on each line would be

D: Lloyd (D1), ZWilliams (D4)
M: Macrae (M1), Cripps (M3)
R: Grundy (R1), ???? (???)
F: Dangerfield (F1), Wingard (F2)

Interesting you have BCrouch as a lock, if he remains fit but has doesn't show much in JLT will you still pick him? His body just terrifies me but such a class player.

My locks on each line would be

D: Lloyd (D1), ZWilliams (D4)
M: Macrae (M1), Cripps (M3)
R: Grundy (R1), ???? (???)
F: Dangerfield (F1), Wingard (F2)

Unless he has a role change he will be worthy once the season starts!

Is Wingard because of Titch injury?

Lloyd and Brodie smith have entered my side after yesterdays news. Im really a big fan of Blakely especially his start so hes still an option instead of Lloyd as it allows me Heeney over Wingard. However i just feel Blakely isnt a risk needed to be taken now.

Blakely + Heeney
vs
Lloyd + Wingard

I still have Zac Williams at D4 and Tom Lynch F4 for 1 round

Lloyd and Brodie smith have entered my side after yesterdays news. Im really a big fan of Blakely especially his start so hes still an option instead of Lloyd as it allows me Heeney over Wingard. However i just feel Blakely isnt a risk needed to be taken now.

Blakely + Heeney
vs
Lloyd + Wingard

Llyod and Wingard without question, Wingard is better than Heeney in my mine so it makes the choice obvious.

Blakely + Heeney
vs
Lloyd + Wingard

So do you have Smith as D3 or D5?

And yeah this is a hard one too choose, i think it will depend on where Hawks play Wingard, Might be a JLT watch.

So far i am looking at

FWD: Dangerfield, Wingard, Dunkley, Setterfield. Still hanging on the other 4 spots
MID: B Crouch, J Kelly, D Martin, L Neale, Hanneberry. Will prolly start 3 rookies
DEF: Witherden, Blakely, Whitfield, Hurn, Lloyd and Z Williams (plus 2 rookies)
RUCK: Kruezer, Pruess

I really dont like to pay full price pre season for anyone. If i did, it would be McCrae. But i think Kelly can pretty much be McCrae and he will be my captain most of the time

I think defense is where to pay up pre season mostly. All of these players will see a, more or less, guaranteed scoring hike at a pre hike cost. Much much less risk for the value. The only reason i didn't get Laird too is I see more to gain with Williams.

So i will probably start 5 rookies. I should be able to find 5 i think, and i didnt go crazy on mid-pricers. Just select obvious ones. Setterfield is a bit shaky and might fall out in the end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Thursday's announcement, I'm unsure whether we are all just trigger happy and going early on getting rid of Blakely or whether we should look at another defender, these are my issues for picking other guys. I have Lloyd and Witho already.

Whitfield: susceptible to a tag and could have a few of those 60's games.
Simpson: age is an issue and if i select him, I'm worried that i have too many Carlton players in my team.
Laird: is the price really and will go down in points with the new rule.
Sicily: Hasn't ever played a full season, last three seasons are 14,19,20. His brain fades are an issue.
Hurn: too inconsistent as a fantasy player.

Like I am drawn back to still having Blakely. He's going to play Midfield, yes he's not played every game however, now has got his body right and can hopefully thrive in the midfield.

After Thursday's announcement, I'm unsure whether we are all just trigger happy and going early on getting rid of Blakely or whether we should look at another defender, these are my issues for picking other guys. I have Lloyd and Witho already.

Whitfield: susceptible to a tag and could have a few of those 60's games.
Simpson: age is an issue and if i select him, I'm worried that i have too many Carlton players in my team.
Laird: is the price really and will go down in points with the new rule.
Sicily: Hasn't ever played a full season, last three seasons are 14,19,20. His brain fades are an issue.
Hurn: too inconsistent as a fantasy player.

Like I am drawn back to still having Blakely. He's going to play Midfield, yes he's not played every game however, now has got his body right and can hopefully thrive in the midfield.

I don't caught up much in highs and lows. If the average is there, it's there. I think thats sort of an overrated factor in player selection. Personally, age is making me hold off on Simpson also. Sicily is a major brain fart, yes.

Laird doesn’t take many kick-ins - he’s first receiver, Crows want the ball in his hands off half back not deep. So lots of +6 combos. Last couple of years he’s posted big scores early doors, seems to be better in the first half of the season than the second half.

How will the new rules affect him? Not sure. Crows will still want the ball in his hands, but will he be bypassed more as the kicker plays on and goes longer past him? Interesting that Laird posted his lowest score last year (67) with B Smith in the side. A week later he scored 99, so also well below average. With Smith out he finished the season with a pair of 138s. He did score 72 the week before 67, so could indicate a flat spot rather than Smith having a negative influence on his score? Unfortunately aflplayerratings (for those that don’t know, site is a great resource with a summary of how a player went in each game, including role) hasn’t been updated for 2018 yet so I can’t see if in those games Laird struggled with injury or attention. I can’t find TOG% for individual games to see if Laird’s numbers were low in low scores and high in high scores - can anyone help with this?

TLDR: yesterday Laird was a starting lock for me, particularly as he tends to go big early. Today I’m not so sure.

I made this team today as like a second team, with an emphasis on picking mid pricers and under valued players, and too be honest i don't hate this team. I think it has huge upside and could score well. However with so many mid pricers could go wrong big time! Risk Vs Reward. But this shows there is so much value to pick from this year.

Expected Total: 2129, Site Expected Total: 2105

Def: J.Lloyd (110), L.Whitfield (105), B.Smith (85), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (60)
(M.Eagles (60), H.Goddard (51))

Mid: J.Macrae (121), P.Cripps (115), J.Kelly (115), Z.Merrett (118), B.Crouch (100), D.Hannebery (88), T.Liberatore (85), S.Walsh (70)
(O.Baker (50), N.Hind (40))

Ruc: B.Grundy (120), Z.Clarke (70)
(D.Cameron (30), J.Sweet (30))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (103), I.Heeney (100), W.Setterfield (68), C.Taylor (60), C.Burgess (53)
(J.Corbett (55), M.Ling (55))

I made this team today as like a second team, with an emphasis on picking mid pricers and under valued players, and too be honest i don't hate this team. I think it has huge upside and could score well. However with so many mid pricers could go wrong big time! Risk Vs Reward. But this shows there is so much value to pick from this year.

Expected Total: 2129, Site Expected Total: 2105

Def: J.Lloyd (110), L.Whitfield (105), B.Smith (85), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (60)
(M.Eagles (60), H.Goddard (51))

Mid: J.Macrae (121), P.Cripps (115), J.Kelly (115), Z.Merrett (118), B.Crouch (100), D.Hannebery (88), T.Liberatore (85), S.Walsh (70)
(O.Baker (50), N.Hind (40))

Ruc: B.Grundy (120), Z.Clarke (70)
(D.Cameron (30), J.Sweet (30))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (103), I.Heeney (100), W.Setterfield (68), C.Taylor (60), C.Burgess (53)
(J.Corbett (55), M.Ling (55))

I like it as a start. Though maybe don't go Macrae I think. Grundy can be Macrae (your captain). I even think Cripps or Kelly are going to be right there and can be too. I plan to punt on rucks early and just grab Grundy (and i assume Gawn) later. I would drop Grundy and Macrae, grab 2 uber defenders and with what's left upgrade Heeney to a top MID. Or keep 1 of Grundy/Macrae, get 1 uber defender and upgrade Heeney. Theres so much bankable value to be gained in defense, IMO, to only start with 2 premiums

Thoughts at this stage:

View attachment 609877

The forwards I like, though wondering if Smith is just paying full price

Personally, i am punting on Rucks early. They are both full price, at best. Just add them later. I think this "set them and forget them" ideas about rucks are ridiculous. Never pay full price unless you intend them to be your captain

Mid i like except Gaff. Hes another full pricer IMO. Tons of value at mid. Also would pass on Walsh and Stocker. I know how hyped up they are, but they are still rookies. Go for 170s. More to gain

Def i like except Laird. He feels a bit full price too. Too many good players on sale

Personally, i am punting on Rucks early. They are both full price, at best. Just add them later. I think this "set them and forget them" ideas about rucks are ridiculous. Never pay full price unless you intend them to be your captain

Mid i like except Gaff. Hes another full pricer IMO. Tons of value at mid. Also would pass on Walsh and Stocker. I know how hyped up they are, but they are still rookies. Go for 170s. More to gain

Def i like except Laird. He feels a bit full price too. Too many good players on sale

I kept the same two rucks through all of last season and was very relaxed as a result, but I can see your point.

Yeah i'm going to have to say the complete opposite of this advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back