NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Appointment for last Thursday, people home all day and the flog never comes to the door and just leaves the "We missed you" note near a door.
What technology are you supposed to be connecting with? FTTP I'm assuming?

We have FTTC where I am atm. I just had a router and a modem delivered via courier that I could just plug in, had change a couple of settings on the router and then I was on the internet in about 5 mins

What technology are you supposed to be connecting with? FTTP I'm assuming?

We have FTTC where I am atm. I just had a router and a modem delivered via courier that I could just plug in, had change a couple of settings on the router and then I was on the internet in about 5 mins

We're "lucky" campaigners that get Wireless NBN, the only "bonus" is that we aren't far from the tower.

Our town has both depending on where you live, the wireless is worse than the other crap they serve up on copper

Same where I live. We have next to no Phone Reception so no 4G

OPENNetworks is just as bad where I live. In our suburb everywhere else is getting/got NBN. But our tiny part of the estate cannot get NBN due to OPENNetworks running their fibre in and refusing to allow NBN cables to run alongside them.

We have no name brand companies like FUZEnet, CLEAR communications and Internode and our plans are rubbish. $70 for 200GB on 50mbs/20mbs download/upload speed. Thats the cheapest I could get for that speed.

Outages occur regularly and FUZEnet (my providor) blames the fibre company who then blames the internet provider. Laughable at best.

Switched over from Telstra Cable to NBN. Ours is HFC. I was apprehensive about switching but our cable is being switched off in 2019.

The transition was seamless and speeds remain in the mid 40mb/s region as they were with cable. For the same monthly cost.

Business as usual for us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NBN and Optus, what a disgrace, once again showing why there customer service is disgusting.

Have been without Nbn for 30+ hours now, had a tech say the modem is stuffed after a few weeks of it playing up, and after being on the phone to Optus for over an hour, speaking to 3 different people only to say we’ll be without the NBN for a further 3-5 business days is damn right appalling if you ask me.

Looks like i’ll be terminating the contract with them for failing to provide me a service which i’m Paying for.

Any recommendations for ISP’ who aren’t Telstra and Optus?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBN and Optus, what a disgrace, once again showing why there customer service is disgusting.

Have been without Nbn for 30+ hours now, had a tech say the modem is stuffed after a few weeks of it playing up, and after being on the phone to Optus for over an hour, speaking to 3 different people only to say we’ll be without the NBN for a further 3-5 business days is damn right appalling if you ask me.

Looks like i’ll be terminating the contract with them for failing to provide me a service which i’m Paying for.

Any recommendations for ISP’ who aren’t Telstra and Optus?.
Piss the NBN off. Never vote the Libs again.
4g wireless broadband is fine. No lock in contracts either.

Got slow NBN? Ask for a refund, consumer watchdog says
People who are experiencing slow NBN are being encouraged by the consumer watchdog to ask their service providers for refunds.

In 2017, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission found about half of NBN customers connected with fibre-to-the-node could not get the fastest two speeds.

Eight service providers - including Telstra, Optus and TPG - admitted they most likely made false or misleading representations about connection speeds that certain NBN customers could experience.
The retailers had been selling plans with maximum speeds when in reality, due to technological limitations, consumers simply could not get those speeds.

"They may be eligible for refunds, some in the hundreds of dollars.

"The ACCC is urging NBN customers to contact their NBN retailer if they have received a letter or email offer of a remedy, or think they might be entitled to a remedy."

https://www.theage.com.au/business/...d-consumer-watchdog-says-20190123-p50t2g.html

I got $240 credit by just demanding they stick to my last contract which had a "secret" $10 a month discount,it was compo for stuffing me around on a reconnection,that didnt appear in writting on the bill but was deducted from payments.
This time the gave me a credit of $240 up front

Was checking my address on the NBN website and it is saying that I am "ready to connect" and my "next step is to contact a phone or internet provider..."

Doesn't someone need to come to my house and install the cables before it is "ready to connect" to an ISP?

Was checking my address on the NBN website and it is saying that I am "ready to connect" and my "next step is to contact a phone or internet provider..."

Doesn't someone need to come to my house and install the cables before it is "ready to connect" to an ISP?
Nope and that's why the Libs ****ed up the NBN so much. The existing cables that run to your house will be used to connect you to the NBN. Some numpty sub contractor will just come out and plug in your modem for you, switch it on and tell you you'll have access in about an hour.

Nope and that's why the Libs ****** up the NBN so much. The existing cables that run to your house will be used to connect you to the NBN. Some numpty sub contractor will just come out and plug in your modem for you, switch it on and tell you you'll have access in about an hour.

Yep. They use Cables that was never meant for High Internet Speeds when they should be putting Fibre in but the Libs did what Rupert Murdoch and Grahame Burke Bribed them to do

Building has commenced and we are due to get fibre to the curb (FTTC) in Jul-Sep 2019.
Apparantly FTTC is meant to be pretty decent, but I don't trust anything about this project that has been a giant stuff up.

However my current speeds are only around 8mb/s , so even if I am only getting speeds of 10mb/s+ I'll be happy.
Tbh, I don't have any issues with 8mb/s. I can stream in 4k no issues, I can game, I can browse and download, the speeds are sufficient for my household use.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back