Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as well reasoned fact, direction and purpose dictate change, then no-one should be a sacred cow. Bolton, or even Silvagni or Judd included. I'm not convinced that Bolton can successfully coach yet but i do know that he has done absolutely everything so far for the betterment of the club. He has earned a few ticks in my mind. He has the Group, and he is hopefully learning, growing and developing himself.

He is part of the open book that i see much of the club as, but i'm mainly enjoying the reading so far.

Hey TW, your vernacular has just triggered a childhood flashback......still a vivid memory all these decades later.

[youtube]

Just wondering if Bolts could be Carlton's "Groovy Guru" ?

Walls is purely an old head for the coaches to have a chat to. Nothing more. People shouldn’t ready anything into it.

People get asked questions.
Some people are trusted.
Some people have to answer questions honestly.

Bolton may love having Walls alongside.
Bolton may not care either way.
Bolton may despise having to listen to Walls.

Most appointments, placements, favours to the club have been terrific.
Just not sold on this one yet.

Some people are trusted.

Not really for Bolton. He has his own sounding board.

Walls has no influence on game plan etc

Been highlighting issues since 2012 and I have been proven correct on most of them. The cheerleaders on this site can't face the facts.
Our midfield is starting to take shape and will become formidable in the next 2 years, assuming we can keep all of our players.
Despite the improvement, we will end up in the bottom 3 in 2019. Depending on what type of losses we incur will determine BB's position. A repeat of some of last season's deplorable efforts will result in a change of coach. I am hoping 2020 will be the dawn of the CFC in the 21st Century. New coach, young quality players ready to take the next big step.
So you're actively rooting for a new coach, which means you want next year to be bad. That's pretty rubbish. Give Bolton his chance next season.

Definitely minimum, with lots of upside

Seriously, if anyone cant enjoy the transformation of this list, why would you even bother to read BF in pre-season
In my best Big Kev voice i.m excited and i can wait.:cool:

Not really for Bolton. He has his own sounding board.
Walls has no influence on game plan etc

Of course not, but you know how friends talk?

XX - Hey Robert. How's Bolts going?
RW - Yeah, things are going OK.
XX - You sound a little hesitant Robert. Tell me what you really think.
RW - Well..........negative blah blah blah. :)

OK, maybe not exactly like that but having a sounding board thrust upon you doesn't always go down well.
Besides, Boltons sounding board should be the football manager, I think.

Anyway, if Bolton is happy, then no harm done.

Nope. One thing the club has become good at is not discussing internal issues if there are any.

OK, maybe not exactly like that but having a sounding board thrust upon you doesn't always go down well.
Besides, Boltons sounding board should be the football manager, I think.

Anyway, if Bolton is happy, then no harm done.
Walls is a volunteer, not an employee, so I reckon if old Bob ain't bringing anything to the table that's benefiting him then Bolts probably just stops requesting to talk to him and Walls doesn't have to come in anymore.

Sometimes it's also good to have someone do their best to pick out all the problems, potential or existing, big or small. Makes you rethink you're decisions and ensure everything is being done in the best way possible. I do it with my own (and co-workers) projects fairly often, full fine-tooth comb review and ask is there any reason at all why this might not work perfectly? Usually pulls up a few areas of improvement. Dare say we could use a bit of that at our club, as long as the focus is the solutions rather than dwelling on the faults.

At the end of the day I'm not really that phased by the Walls 'appointment'. If it helps in anyway then it's good thing. If it doesn't then who cares, Wallsy has a bit more free time and no harm done.

Hey TW, your vernacular has just triggered a childhood flashback......still a vivid memory all these decades later.

[youtube]

Just wondering if Bolts could be Carlton's "Groovy Guru" ?

oh barbara.......

Walls is a volunteer, not an employee, so I reckon if old Bob ain't bringing anything to the table that's benefiting him then Bolts probably just stops requesting to talk to him and Walls doesn't have to come in anymore.

Sometimes it's also good to have someone do their best to pick out all the problems, potential or existing, big or small. Makes you rethink you're decisions and ensure everything is being done in the best way possible. I do it with my own (and co-workers) projects fairly often, full fine-tooth comb review and ask is there any reason at all why this might not work perfectly? Usually pulls up a few areas of improvement. Dare say we could use a bit of that at our club, as long as the focus is the solutions rather than dwelling on the faults.

At the end of the day I'm not really that phased by the Walls 'appointment'. If it helps in anyway then it's good thing. If it doesn't then who cares, Wallsy has a bit more free time and no harm done.
think robbie is clued in enough not to preface too many statements with "in my day".......that would be as pointless as Windhover at a speed dating night....

think robbie is clued in enough not to preface too many statements with "in my day".......that would be as pointless as Windhover at a speed dating night....

At the risk of being banned for derailing this admirable thread, how could my attendance at a speed dating night possibly be pointless?

First, it is not as if one such as I would be literally smothered in choice of potential dates (obviously enough) in ordinary circumstances and, as far as I can see - though I can't admit to having been invited to such an event - the more opportunities for meeting potential dates couldn't actually reduce the number.

Secondly, if it be the case I am an acquired taste then the increase in numbers involved in speed dating would signficantly increase the, what, one in a hundred, one in a thousand chance I might have to hit it off as it were.

Thirdly, my own predilections may possibly also be a bit selective making it all the more important that there by multiple choices.

Fourthly, to the extent I have (unjustifiably IMO) a reputation for long-winded posts, if the speed dating is sufficiently fast perhaps the potential date won't realise the full compass of my interest in expatiating on the relevance of the Common Kestrel as a metaphor for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walls c
Some people are trusted.

Robert Walls can only enhance the coaching panel. No harm in having a past Champion player and Coach as senior mentor.
Footy is fundamentally the same game, only difference is the greater emphasis on speed, skill and reduced physical contact.
The AFL is pushing development of our game for international audiences.

It could be something like Brisbane, not necessarily notching many more wins but showing something to get the general public interested/intrigued and turn the negative opinions around.

Keep off the bottom of the ladder, preferably 16th or higher. Notch up 5 wins, the same as Brisbane last year, do it in a more visually appealing fashion including a couple against legitimate top 8 teams, no massive blowouts and a healthy boost to our end of year percentage would be enough to get the conversation going.

I guess the only good thing about our abysmal 2018 is that it's not hard to improve on 2 wins & 59.3%....
The Brisbane of 18 was the Blues of 17 where we showed plenty and where in most games in the last quarter, admittedly we didn’t play with the attacking flair of Brisbane but we will have to wait and see which style holds up in the long term.

I think Brisbane had more of a need to play that attacking exciting footy to get fans to the games and signing up for memberships, while Carlton doesn’t have quite the immediate need for attracting members to stay afloat and therefore can take a more conservative approach with game style, although I think this year we really need to lift our attacking flair while regaining our defensive solidity of 17 which will be difficult to find the balance which is why 18 was such a set back in terms of game style development.

If we do have a good year with injuries but don’t manage to improve our attacking flair and re solidify our defence I think Bolton could find himself in trouble and this because of the stalled year of development in 18 due to key injuries. We could lose another coach like we did Ratts due to bad timing with injuries and a lack of long view mentality by the men at the top, let’s hope we don’t fall into the same trap again.
Unless they re appoint Ratten who would do a sensational job with our current list and would accelerate our development as I still think he is a great coach and has Bolts covered at this stage, ideally Ratts as senior with Bolton still there in some capacity.

At the risk of being banned for derailing this admirable thread, how could my attendance at a speed dating night possibly be pointless?

First, it is not as if one such as I would be literally smothered in choice of potential dates (obviously enough) in ordinary circumstances and, as far as I can see - though I can't admit to having been invited to such an event - the more opportunities for meeting potential dates couldn't actually reduce the number.

Secondly, if it be the case I am an acquired taste then the increase in numbers involved in speed dating would signficantly increase the, what, one in a hundred, one in a thousand chance I might have to hit it off as it were.

Thirdly, my own predilections may possibly also be a bit selective making it all the more important that there by multiple choices.

Fourthly, to the extent I have (unjustifiably IMO) a reputation for long-winded posts, if the speed dating is sufficiently fast perhaps the potential date won't realise the full compass of my interest in expatiating on the relevance of the Common Kestrel as a metaphor for
ah geez....

Liked as i have added a new word to my vocabulary , expatiating :thumbsu:

Some people are trusted.

Doesnt rhyme

Board members are volunteers, also. That's sort of not the point.

Interesting to know exactly how Walls came to volunteer, would it not?
Where did the notion spring out from, how was it handled and did Bolton agree with requiring a nominated mentor & voice by his side?

It may not matter, but I can't help but wonder how the whole thing came to be.

The 5 Why's ……….

I chortled … and snorted ….. quiet funny old man ;)

IT LIVES!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back