Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

How's my man Broomhead going out there.. I could head butt a wall when i think about what a season he would have had.

The Gimp knows all.
Broomhead was working with Dunne and Scharenburg and they were doing straight line run through,s and then half circle,s round some witch,s hat and then some more run through,s with coach ,s in their path directing them with small lateral movements around said coach,s.

I think small steps are needed with these boys but Dunne I thought had the most confidence in his body.

Broomhead was working with Dunne and Scharenburg and they were doing straight line run through,s and then half circle,s round some witch,s hat and then some more run through,s with coach ,s in their path directing them with small lateral movements around said coach,s.

I think small steps are needed with these boys but Dunne I thought had the most confidence in his body.

Thanks for the info re.. appreciate it.

Loved Broomhead in stints when we were playing like s**t.. like him a lot.

Good to see him out there.. can only hope he goes allright at some stage.. but no real expectations at this stage.. take your time son and when you're ready show us what you got.

Broomhead dreaming ...

If only ....

7C736042-19D0-4D9D-8419-2647B0A4955A.jpeg

(jokes)

Has Dunn been replaced by Greenwood in the leadership group?View attachment 605597

Funny I looked at it and went “huh a VFL player elevated to the leadership group”! Greenwood getting the promotion is akin to M Marsh as VC of the test team.

Edit: that’s not to pot him because I’m sure his leadership credentials stack up. It’s just the reality from my POV with 4 possibly 5 locks to come into that GF team (Beams, Moore, Elliott, Dunn and maybe Wells).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Query?

If it’s very hot at training wouldn’t it better if they all wore white clothes instead of blacks?

Feels and looks so hot in black.

You mean like the cricketers wear white in the summer? Guess we should have white training gear but as long as we never stoop to a white alternative strip.
Pretty much yes.
White tops work with our colours.

Agree most importantly, never ever have an alternate $trip of all white. Yuk.
White shorts does the trick.

Funny I looked at it and went “huh a VFL player elevated to the leadership group”! Greenwood getting the promotion is akin to M Marsh as VC of the test team.

I don't think the AFL leadership team is primarily about on-field duties. It's pretty clear that in terms of on-field leadership, Grundy is one of ours leaders despite not being in the leadership group. The same went with Swan and will go with Degoey.

I don't think the AFL leadership team is primarily about on-field duties. It's pretty clear that in terms of on-field leadership, Grundy is one of ours leaders despite not being in the leadership group. The same went with Swan and will go with Degoey.

I’d rather reduce the size of the group than have a guy that’s not best 22 in there. Greenwood can be a leader on the track, like Grundy, rather than potentially making leadership decisions on guys ahead of him in the pecking order.

I’d rather reduce the size of the group than have a guy that’s not best 22 in there. Greenwood can be a leader on the track, like Grundy, rather than potentially making leadership decisions on guys ahead of him in the pecking order.
What kind of leadership decisions do you think Greenwood might make?

What kind of leadership decisions do you think Greenwood might make?

Individually none, because he doesn’t have unilateral power, what he will do though is be involved in all types of leadership group decisions.

Let’s say Maynard misses a training session or his standards have slipped on the track and the leadership group are asked to make a decision on where to next. If Greenwood is outside the best 22 and competing with Maynard for a spot he absolutely cannot be involved in that discussion.

It hasn’t been announced yet anyway so from my perspective it isn’t worth speculating further. Even when it’s official it’s not a large point of discussion unless the above takes place or he’s picked on the basis of being in the leadership group not on form (extremely doubtful).

Individually none, because he doesn’t have unilateral power, what he will do though is be involved in all types of leadership group decisions.

Let’s say Maynard misses a training session or his standards have slipped on the track and the leadership group are asked to make a decision on where to next. If Greenwood is outside the best 22 and competing with Maynard for a spot he absolutely cannot be involved in that discussion.

It hasn’t been announced yet anyway so from my perspective it isn’t worth speculating further. Even when it’s official it’s not a large point of discussion unless the above takes place or he’s picked on the basis of being in the leadership group not on form (extremely doubtful).

You could always just exclude Greenwood from being involved in the decision due to a conflict of interest. Its such a small possibility anyway. I guess the club values the standard set on the track and off field with Greenwood. I wouldn't have included him in the leadership group myself but not for that reason. I reckon you need to be able to step up on the field if you're a leader of the club and Greenwood is borderline best 22 and often has poor games. But I guess on field is just 2-3 hours of their working week. I get where the club is coming from.

As far as I know, Greenwood is not in any formal leadership group.

For what it’s worth, irrespective of formal leadership groups, individuals can have high influence all the same.
Informal leadership forms organically....

I think we’re doing very well these days. Seems a strong cohesive group all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back