Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
Ahh... good times. The atmosphere in that place was incredible, and players/coaches were within shouting range of nearly every seat in the stadium.

I can remember 2009/10 season when the crowd broke John Gilchrist of Adelaide. He made the fatal mistake of shushing the crowd after making a free throw. They were all over him after that, he missed his next 7 or 8 free throw attempts, crowd even started booing him while he was practicing his free throws at half time. He got incredibly frustrated and fouled out and stormed out of the building.

Rude campaigner refused the tissue I offered him on the way out. :grinning:

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBL coaches in general are given too much leeway IMO.

Agreed and worst of all it filters down. I'm an assistant coach in the East Perth District and I can't believe the amount of coaches that aggressively argue the call with amateur umpires.

Feb 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who organises the NBL draw ? For the second weekend in a row Adelaide 36ers play 2 games in less that 48 hours and earlier in year had a 5 game horror draw. Meanwhile Sydney and Melbourne have games nicely spread out. Could there be conflict of interest with some officials ?

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Who organises the NBL draw ? For the second weekend in a row Adelaide 36ers play 2 games in less that 48 hours and earlier in year had a 5 game horror draw. Meanwhile Sydney and Melbourne have games nicely spread out. Could there be conflict of interest with some officials ?

Melbourne had plenty of 2 games in under 48 hours, across the country and the Tasman in the first half of the season. Now it feels like they never play!

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Possibly a season-defining game for both teams this evening with Perth @ Adelaide.
It never takes much to get fiery between these two, and with a lot at stake I could see this one going that route too. (I wonder if the refs can see it too and will be keen to stamp out any hint of early niggle)

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
He may be the world's biggest flog but Homicide Williams had a fair point I reckon when comparing Cotton to driving a car at 200kmph hour, going to burn out eventually. In saying that, Perth to bounce back tonight. 36ers can't seem to win at home lately and Moore is a big out.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I don't get the purpose of the car comparison - I think it only detracted from his point - but yeah his point was one of the more sensible things he has come up with lately/ever, I agree.
The actual problem IMO is most of Cotton's teammates being too passive in offence. Lose the scoring droughts and Gleeson stops feeling the need to throw Cotton back into the action within 30 seconds of sitting down for a rest.
Our offence has really lacked purpose and urgency recently. There has been way too much going through the motions in a half arsed manner and then deferring back to Bryce to bail us out once the shot clock hits single digits.
I'm pretty sure the team will be making a concerted effort to reduce that tonight, I'm just hoping it doesn't go too far the other way and result in a bunch of players trying to do things beyond their capabilities.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't get the purpose of the car comparison - I think it only detracted from his point - but yeah his point was one of the more sensible things he has come up with lately/ever, I agree.
The actual problem IMO is most of Cotton's teammates being too passive in offence. Lose the scoring droughts and Gleeson stops feeling the need to throw Cotton back into the action within 30 seconds of sitting down for a rest. Our offence has really lacked purpose and urgency recently. There has been way too much going through the motions in a half arsed manner and then deferring back to Bryce to bail us out once the shot clock hits single digits.

Yeah it wasn't a great comparison but it was Homicide speaking so I let it pass, the point he was making made sense though.

Goodbye playoff streak :handwaving:

Probably needed

The team is very hard to watch and have lost any sort of confidence in each other

Unbelievable, considering how good they looked in the first 11 weeks.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Don't like the unsportsmanlike foul in the NBL. It destroys the end of games. That was gonna be a great exciting finish but gets ruined by that dumb rule.

Agree that ruined a good finish. Would've been Melbourne possession and a 3 for OT but instead they were no hope whatsoever.

Not allowed to purposely foul I'm assuming. It's dumb.
It’s a ridiculous rule that the NBL needs to remove.

Lucky at home against Melbourne once again, but will taken anything we can at this stage

Cue Perth beating Melbourne Sunday.

Not before nearly shitting the bed completely once again

It’s a ridiculous rule that the NBL needs to remove.

Lucky at home against Melbourne once again, but will taken anything we can at this stage

Not before nearly shitting the bed completely once again

Unsportsmanlike is a FIBA rule? Not sure they would want to remove it

The actual problem IMO is most of Cotton's teammates being too passive in offence. Lose the scoring droughts and Gleeson stops feeling the need to throw Cotton back into the action within 30 seconds of sitting down for a rest.
Our offence has really lacked purpose and urgency recently. There has been way too much going through the motions in a half arsed manner and then deferring back to Bryce to bail us out once the shot clock hits single digits.
I'm pretty sure the team will be making a concerted effort to reduce that tonight, I'm just hoping it doesn't go too far the other way and result in a bunch of players trying to do things beyond their capabilities.

The other issue is Gleeson only has 8 rotations now. Plus he barely used Steindl.

He was on court for 4 mins today and they looked for him on every play.

He just missed three of his shots. Then he doesnt come back on.

Really bad player mgt

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
That was lucky as hell today. I'll take the win because we needed it beyond desperately, but in reality there wasn't much more to like about the Cats play than other recent games. So much is left for Cotton to do. He's freakin' superhuman the way he carries the offence.
When Damian Martin + Greg Hire combine for 3/5 from the perimeter while Casper Ware misses a wide open layup to take the lead you know the basketball gods were smiling real hard.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I'm not even sure why that foul was deemed to be "unsportsmanlike"

He didn't make a play at the ball so to the letter of the law it was an unsportmanlike regardless of how soft it was. So it was technically the right call.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
If White is having an off game like last night or Nick Kay gets in foul trouble like Friday there is currently no back up for Cotton on the offensive end. Brandt, Jervis, Norton and Wagstaff have all dropped off leaving too much for Cotton, White and Kay to do.

If White is having an off game like last night or Nick Kay gets in foul trouble like Friday there is currently no back up for Cotton on the offensive end. Brandt, Jervis, Norton and Wagstaff have all dropped off leaving too much for Cotton, White and Kay to do.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a very thin offensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back