Banter The 2019-20 offseason offtopic chat thread (a.k.a. The Steam Room)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2007, i dont even know where my head was at. Yeah i went to the game, yeah we ran around Geelong city at night, yeah went to the family day.

But iirc the weather was s**t af on Sunday, and me and mum were standing there for hours, no entertainment. I cracked it after the players were presented on stage and went home.

Only to get back on msn, my mates still in geelong preparing to go out on the town- all the players were out. At 7/8pm was considering driving back to Geelong, even tho i had only just gotten home.. but i didnt.

FFS WHY DIDNT I GO BACK.

So yeah 2009 came around i didnt make that same mistake again. Sunday night was awesome.

Can't open the Addy article, but the reunion is planned for Round 17.

"GEELONG is eyeing off its Round 17 home clash against St Kilda as an opportunity to honour the 10-year anniversary of its 2009 premiership."

Maybe they will ask Milney to entertain the WAGs and Justin Koschitzke to serve the drinks...

Not sure is srcsm...

BUt yeah it was! Players mingled, until 2011 where they were too ******* good to be anywhere near us..

Altho i did hear they eventually did venture out but not until past 3am- and by then me and my very ill bf was back at our cabin. Srsly.. could have ******* killed him- to be sick at that time ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly trying to remember if I already washed my hair, then end up washing it more than once just in case.

I must confess that I don't have that problem,

God, Buddha, King, Lord and the President... Geelong really should have done better in the early to mid-90's!

What are your shower thoughts?

I often wonder what would have happened if Scarlo was born a generation earlier and played in that era. Would we have been able to snaffle a couple of flags in that era?

I often wonder what would have happened if Scarlo was born a generation earlier and played in that era. Would we have been able to snaffle a couple of flags in that era?
really we didn't have a stand out defender at that time, he would have made a massive difference.

really we didn't have a stand out defender at that time, he would have made a massive difference.

Exactly. No disrespect to him as he was being played out of position, but you know you're struggling defensively when Tim Darcy is your full back.

Scarlo to me is too obviously a game-changer. A bit like if you plugged prime And into our post 2011 team Scott would probably have multiple premierships.

What if we sent, say, Stewart through the time portal? Would he be able to get it done? What about Rivers or Kolo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back