Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Won't be the end of the world, just makes getting the wife and kids to work and kinder respectively a little harder. Hopefully it doesn't require anything major and can be a quick fix.

If its not too big, get one of the mobile dent repairers that come out to the house or office

this is the worst part, I've got my car in the crash repairers for 3 weeks, hopefully get back next Friday, but its a PIA, only have one car atm, lucky the wife is on holidays and doesn't need to go anywhere.
It's probably there for so long because there are not enough panel beaters.

I think he honestly didn't know. I am struggling to work out how it did the damage it did without touching the side mirror at all. I can only assumed it bounced off the road, then off my car and out further into the middle of the road so it didn't look like it hit anything else.

Not downplaying the inconvenience of your accident Quiv but could of been worse.

Young bloke died here in Perth on the weekend after a canopy from a boat on a trailer in front of him flew off and smashed into the windscreen of his car.

Absolute tragedy

There's a group of city people over in the SRP boards arguing over the Australia Day date and claiming to speak on behalf of Aboriginals both ways, when out in the bush the Murray river is dying and millions of fish are dying due to a lot more than not getting enough rain, the Aboriginal community and their elders are very upset and going unheard by the Government, and ignorant progressives would rather point score on meaningless gesture debates that will make * all difference to the people suffering seeing their land be poisoned and their culture eroded.

Not downplaying the inconvenience of your accident Quiv but could of been worse.

Young bloke died here in Perth on the weekend after a canopy from a boat on a trailer in front of him flew off and smashed into the windscreen of his car.

Absolute tragedy
Definitely could have been worse. Wasn't really angry about it at all. Accidents happen, I get it.

Absolutely s**t for that bloke and his family and friends. :(

There's a group of city people over in the SRP boards arguing over the Australia Day date and claiming to speak on behalf of Aboriginals both ways, when out in the bush the Murray river is dying and millions of fish are dying due to a lot more than not getting enough rain, the Aboriginal community and their elders are very upset and going unheard by the Government, and ignorant progressives would rather point score on meaningless gesture debates that will make **** all difference to the people suffering seeing their land be poisoned and their culture eroded.

What's your point? Absolutely we need to consult the Indigenous about Land and Water management. Yet people can do 2 things at once. Just change the date to one of the other 364 less provocative ones and get back to the real issues.

What's your point? Absolutely we need to consult the Indigenous about Land and Water management. Yet people can do 2 things at once. Just change the date to one of the other 364 less provocative ones and get back to the real issues.
Nah, would rather consult actual professionals.

It feels like only one thing is continuing to draw attention as a smokescreen, and it's the one thing that might actually change as it's a lot easier to do than the other.

There's been not one mention of the fish kill and water mismanagement around here lately, but the same circular debates are going on and on and on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The indigenous peoples of Australia absolutely had the right idea about climate change, land management etc.

They maintained a fairly primitive culture and low population number/density for thousands of years. Us white folk (and others to follow) insist on increasing our population numbers year on year and not only consuming resources at the rate we need to survive but over and above that while causing irreparable damage to the land.

(I'm aware "primitive" triggers people but FFS)

The indigenous peoples of Australia absolutely had the right idea about climate change, land management etc.

They maintained a fairly primitive culture and low population number/density for thousands of years. Us white folk (and others to follow) insist on increasing our population numbers year on year and not only consuming resources at the rate we need to survive but over and above that while causing irreparable damage to the land.

(I'm aware "primitive" triggers people but FFS)
They didn't exactly maintain any of those things by choice

And there I was thinking the French were only good at food and giving up.
Oh they're very good at those two, but their health care is excellent, including dentistry. Wages are low for low-income earners and taxes are very high for high-incomes and employers. Whatever an employee earns each month, their employer is paying the same to the government and a lot of this goes to health care and looking after the elderly, who aren't left to fend alone.

It feels like only one thing is continuing to draw attention as a smokescreen, and it's the one thing that might actually change as it's a lot easier to do than the other.

There's been not one mention of the fish kill and water mismanagement around here lately, but the same circular debates are going on and on and on.

Incorrect. There is a thread which covers that.

He's got some balls I'll give him that, it's almost as if he expects everyone to forget what an abject failure as an MP he was less than five years ago.

Knew an otherwise rusted on Labor voter who voted Palmer party in 2013. Crickets when I told him he'd been a life member of the Liberals. A lot of simply ignorant people out there. People who've already forgotten anything that happened politically from 2013-2016.

Some of these people will claim "Oh I just don't have time to pay attention to this stuff". They find time to watch four hours of My Kitchen Rules a week. That shits me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back