Training 2019 preseason discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Barring the word that starts with i the next few years are going to be very very good. The finals drought is out of the way, add the 3 finals games (one brutal) experience and very good list changes. Having a granfinal priority on your membership will pay off.

Look what happened to PA, the Dogs, Adelaide etc. Won't take alot to go wrong and we could easily finish 10th

...how do you know that? we havent played a game yet.

The Dogs are the best comparison, as they had a young up and coming list. The difference is that nobody saw them near the flag that year.

I’m definitely not putting the mozz on us though - we could easily do worse than drop out in a prelim playing away to an interstate premier.

In fact for us not to go theoretically backwards, we probably need to make the grand final or win it.

Big difference between having a better list, which we have, and being a better side, which is still undetermined.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big difference between achieving the holy grail (hawks 08, dogs 15) losing a bit of an edge as a young team, and a team like port not continuing on with it. Anyone who thought port was going to be dominant was kidding themselves. That adelaide missed several key players for extended parts of this year only further compounded their off field issues. Empathy could be had for gws, adelaide or collingwood for their injury lists throughout, but I feel like melbourne has had the rough end of injuries to key players in certain positions over past 2 years which has only made our depth even stronger.

It's fair and reasonable to be concerned melbourne might return complacent, but I find that extremely unlikely with leaders such as Lewis, lever, viney, jones etc as well as middle tier players who are so damn focused and hungry for success. A 10 goal prelim loss is definitely not a "successful" season in the playing groups eyes, i know that for a fact.

This season is going to be one of the best on record I feel, and the exciting part about it is melbourne will be there right at the business end, of that I am certain.

Absolutely no guarantees in footy. If we think Top 4 or even Top 8 is simply going to happen, then we could have a season like the Saints last season. Add in a few key injuries, and with a competition as close as it has ever been, anything could happen. On paper, I feel we have a top 4 list along with WCE, Coll and Rich. However, complacency will be our downfall. I just don't see it happening though as we have improved year after year under Roos and Goodwin. If we have a poor year, I feel it will be injuries that will get us. Our natural progression should have us finishing top 3 this year. I'm backing us in. We beat the Saints and win both Geelong games last season, and we finish top 2 I think. We really weren't far away from being Top 2.

Our list shits all over theirs, we are a better side than 2018

Point is mate that there wasn't alot of difference between 4th and 11th this year. You can point to a couple results here and there that were the difference between a double chance and between everyone asking for Goody to be sacked again.

We could very easily be around the same level as last year and drop a few places

Point is mate that there wasn't alot of difference between 4th and 11th this year. You can point to a couple results here and there that were the difference between a double chance and between everyone asking for Goody to be sacked again.

We could very easily be around the same level as last year and drop a few places
or a couple of significant injuries.

Adelaide is the best example of this in 2018.

Anyone who thinks we are a walkup top 8/4 team is kidding themselves

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

or a couple of significant injuries.

Adelaide is the best example of this in 2018.

Anyone who thinks we are a walkup top 8/4 team is kidding themselves

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had Kennedy and Darling not been injured we could have easily lost in Perth and missed finals. As exciting as the prelim was im not convinced we are the clear 4th best team in the league.

Richmond Collingwood and WC all looked a level above us in games this season and although there's good reason to be optimistic I'm still cautious

Had Kennedy and Darling not been injured we could have easily lost in Perth and missed finals. As exciting as the prelim was im not convinced we are the clear 4th best team in the league.

Richmond Collingwood and WC all looked a level above us in games this season and although there's good reason to be optimistic I'm still cautious
I think West Coast and Richmond are the clear 1-2.

Then on paper it should be Adelaide, Collingwood as us in the next group. But there isn't much difference between us and the chasing pack. Which is why a couple of key injuries and/or players dropping off and we could miss the 8 all together imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate but that's one of the worst comparisons I've ever read lol
Was wondering why I had not been notified on new BF, from someone roasting me about this comparison. (albeit very tame roast, cheers for that mate)

No doubt (Petrecca) he's got a high ceiling (still), Im being very optimistic if i think he turns out even half as good as Cousins/Judd. (oddly enough Before we drafted Clarry, one of the so called experts on the draft at Herald Sun likened him to Swann for his ball winning skills or similar numbers during the TAC Footy Campaign)

Petrecca even came out on the record in public to have been quoted to have said he "wants to be an all time great".

Who even says that? Either he's got extraordinary Beliefe in himself or has tickets on himself. He does seem pretty humble though.

Alright guys and gals, Caption this picture. Best caption wins my admiration
50964407_525809304573610_6163294755707944960_o.jpg

Was wondering why I had not been notified on new BF, from someone roasting me about this comparison. (albeit very tame roast, cheers for that mate)

No doubt (Petrecca) he's got a high ceiling (still), Im being very optimistic if i think he turns out even half as good as Cousins/Judd. (oddly enough Before we drafted Clarry, one of the so called experts on the draft at Herald Sun likened him to Swann for his ball winning skills or similar numbers during the TAC Footy Campaign)

Petrecca even came out on the record in public to have been quoted to have said he "wants to be an all time great".

Who even says that? Either he's got extraordinary Beliefe in himself or has tickets on himself. He does seem pretty humble though.

What on earth is a "Petrecca"? Or a "Swann" for that matter. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Alright guys and gals, Caption this picture. Best caption wins my admiration
50964407_525809304573610_6163294755707944960_o.jpg

"Before I get started, can you all please put your name tags on so I know to whom I am speaking."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back