No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really happy with Jones and McHenry. But I would have been happy with one of Luko or Rankine plus whoever we would have taken with pick 19. At the end of the day, we can't make the call on which scenario would have been better at this stage because we have to see how all of these players go and we might never know who we would have taken at 19.

Given that we ended up with Jones, McHenry, Hamill and Carlton's 2019 1st and 2nd, while losing our 2019 1st I think it looks to be an outstanding result. Time will tell if the 5 blokes that we took/will take make our 2018 drafting/trading look good or bad.

I believe your club did the right thing, not to pay overs for pointy end picks. While I rated Lukosius at pick 1, no draftee is worth pick 8 and 13 in the draft just past. You may be lucky to score one of Lukosius or Rankine in the coming years

The last draft for us - I disagree as the club would have picked Jack Lukosius or Izak Rankine and we likely still get McHenry at 16. Getting Rankine (whom another on our board from his info hears Rankine already be thinking about his post GC future?) back from GC this year will really cost and next year it will cost and may cost more than getting him via pick 1 had a trade happened would have cost

I have no doubt Rankine will leave GC in time, it is just a matter of when. So adding the kids that you did is a bonus

+1

The year hasnt even started and the Blues are smashed with injuries.

Smashed? Only Doc, Pickett (not considered best 22) and Setterfield who will be unavailable for round 1

The only way either of them cost that much is if they tear the comp apart and win the rising star. And if they do that Suns won't be trading them one year in. If Rankine has an average year and wants to get home, trading Carlton's second and our second for a mid first would get it done.

You are kidding yourself if you think a mid 1st will get Rankine after only one year

I hope you are right but I think they will want much more than that for a top 3 pick that came with huge hype

Spot on, personally, you have a better chance of landing him after his initial 2 year contract. No way GC trade him after just one year

The only way either of them cost that much is if they tear the comp apart and win the rising star. And if they do that Suns won't be trading them one year in. If Rankine has an average year and wants to get home, trading Carlton's second and our second for a mid first would get it done.
If Rankine chose to leave next year, he will still be contracted so there will be a bidding war between us and Port Power, that's why we need Carlton's 1st rounder. And I was very surprise this didn't happen with Schache where other Melbourne based clubs didn't bid harder for him and Brisbane only received mid 20s and 40s pick for him, it was one of the worst trade recently done.
I am certain Port Power will bid hard for Rankine given what they did in the trade period trying to secure a top 3 pick.

If Rankine chose to leave next year, he will still be contracted so there will be a bidding war between us and Port Power, that's why we need Carlton's 1st rounder. And I was very surprise this didn't happen with Schache where other Melbourne based clubs didn't bid harder for him and Brisbane only received mid 20s and 40s pick for him, it was one of the worst trade recently done.
I am certain Port Power will bid hard for Rankine given what they did in the trade period trying to secure a top 3 pick.

I would think as long as Rankine nominates us and we have a Top 4 draft pick, then GCS will oblige. I think we have a good relationship with them.

Spot on, personally, you have a better chance of landing him after his initial 2 year contract. No way GC trade him after just one year
It will really depend if he puts his foot down for a move this year - i am not saying this is happening, but if it does, GC know the crows are (assuming Carlton take longer to come out of their rebuild) going to have a very high pick and that it would go a long way to compensating them in a trade. They won't get a pick anywhere near that high after the second year (unless the crows again trade for future picks and speculate with a bottom club) and may decide to cut and run because if Rankine does want out - he will nominate Adelaide as his club he wants to be traded to if my sources who are in junior footy are anything to go by. When a player nominates his club, he gets there just about every time and what club would take a punt in the draft on a guy that wants out and only wants to go home to his hometown club. I think in the scenario he wants out - this year GC get the best return for him

I know Carlton's season normally ends around May or June, but just a heads up if a players preseason is shot, so is their H&A and finals.

Interesting analysis Grotto, especially for a team sport of 40 odd players and only 3 being unavailable for round 1. If that is smashed by injuries, I wonder how you would describe an ongoing dozen injuries we had week in, week out

It will really depend if he puts his foot down for a move this year - i am not saying this is happening, but if it does, GC know the crows are (assuming Carlton take longer to come out of their rebuild) going to have a very high pick and that it would go a long way to compensating them in a trade. They won't get a pick anywhere near that high after the second year (unless the crows again trade for future picks and speculate with a bottom club) and may decide to cut and run because if Rankine does want out - he will nominate Adelaide as his club he wants to be traded to if my sources who are in junior footy are anything to go by. When a player nominates his club, he gets there just about every time and what club would take a punt in the draft on a guy that wants out and only wants to go home to his hometown club. I think in the scenario he wants out - this year GC get the best return for him

As I said, I have no doubt he will request a trade at some stage, but they may not want early pick/s, it could be a combination of pick/player

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it plays out

Interesting analysis Grotto, especially for a team sport of 40 odd players and only 3 being unavailable for round 1. If that is smashed by injuries, I wonder how you would describe an ongoing dozen injuries we had week in, week out

Carltons lacks depth and so to be missing 3 starting 18 players is a massive hole.

TBH I do think you will win more games but I have you around the 4 game mark. Still, I dont know exactly where those wins will come especially given I rate the Saints and GCS higher than the Blues. You should beat the Suns at home, but after that Im not sure where your wins will come from.

You must know your fixture. Which games will you think you will win in 2019???????????

And I was very surprise this didn't happen with Schache where other Melbourne based clubs didn't bid harder for him and Brisbane only received mid 20s and 40s pick for him, it was one of the worst trade recently done.
Scrimshaw was a top 10 pick and was traded with him and a fourth round pick for a third. Out does the Schache trade for mine.

Carltons lacks depth and so to be missing 3 starting 18 players is a massive hole.

TBH I do think you will win more games but I have you around the 4 game mark. Still, I dont know exactly where those wins will come especially given I rate the Saints and GCS higher than the Blues. You should beat the Suns at home, but after that Im not sure where your wins will come from.

You must know your fixture. Which games will you think you will win in 2019???????????

So I take it that means you have us winning the spoon?

There's no way they trade a player they took with pick 3 for anything less than that. Especially not after 1 year of the 2 year starting deal.

You are kidding yourself if you think a mid 1st will get Rankine after only one year
As I said that's based on a poor output, not playing many games and not wanting to be there and wanting to get home. If he has even a half decent year the Suns won't trade him, which I made very clear in the previous post.

So I take it that means you have us winning the spoon?

You didnt answer my question, which games you will win in 2019?

I think your spoon aspirations will be shaped by your performances against Saints and Suns and yours and their injury lists. I expect Dogs and Freo to put you guys away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said that's based on a poor output, not playing many games and not wanting to be there and wanting to get home. If he has even a half decent year the Suns won't trade him, which I made very clear in the previous post.

If the Crows are already into talks with Rankine, I just hope that the kid does not have a blinder of a year.

There's no way they trade a player they took with pick 3 for anything less than that. Especially not after 1 year of the 2 year starting deal.

If we get him with Carlon's pick which should be a top 4 pick, I would be happy with that.

It becomes tricky if Carlton win the spoon again and we get pick 1.

If Rankine chose to leave next year, he will still be contracted so there will be a bidding war between us and Port Power, that's why we need Carlton's 1st rounder.
A player's current club can't sell that player to whoever offers them the most, not without that player's consent. GC's power lies in their ability to deny a move, not in picking the destination. So the type of bidding war you're suggesting shouldn't happen unless Rankine lets it. Our fight with Port will be over convincing him to choose us, we then have to come to terms with GC.

A player's current club can't sell that player to whoever offers them the most, not without that player's consent. GC's power lies in their ability to deny a move, not in picking the destination. So the type of bidding war you're suggesting shouldn't happen unless Rankine lets it. Our fight with Port will be over convincing him to choose us, we then have to come to terms with GC.

Im not even sure Port has the salary cap space to offer Rankine a decent contract in the first place.

Their money is heavily invested into Rocks, Slops and Wats.

Port will offer lots of $...we will offer "you're a crows fan and like Eddie Betts"

And I was very surprise this didn't happen with Schache where other Melbourne based clubs didn't bid harder for him and Brisbane only received mid 20s and 40s pick for him, it was one of the worst trade recently done.
It has David Noble's fingerprints all over it

Schache had done nothing to show his value while at Brisbane and has done nothing to show his value while at the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back