2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. The people who reply should think about what they say. Because I would rather read posts from people at training than dickheads who criticise, or scapegoat.

I stoppped posting last year for a while because of personal abuse on this site. Another poster deleted his account. It wasn’t worth me wasting my time getting upset at the comments by people who I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.

The internet isn’t for me? No, it’s not for people who can’t stay civil and diminish the site for everybody. They can eff off, not me.
Welcome back Clem.

wow - a lot of oversensitivity here.

Anyway - I spoke with someone in the coaching department this week and the positivity around the group, where they are and where they are going is very encouraging. Fyfe apparently doing a great job making everyone a part of the team. Big expectations on Logue, Pearce to continue to improve, Brayshaw and Cerra have added strength and both are looking to be class mids. Ross and entire coaching staff incredibly positive.

Does everyone else have access to the same ignore function that I do?

If someone consistently gets my goat on here whether on a specific topic or just their general demeanor, I put them on ignore, same as in the real world. I ignored a bunch during the RBB is guilty and should be strung up 'cause Hardie and Crumpet said so era. Doesn't really matter who's right or wrong, I am just not interested in their opinions or interacting with them. As a result, my time in the BF house remains enjoyable with all the other great people.

So I kind of don't get the 'exits' by training reporters. I love training reports, positive, negative, indifferent, short, long, good grammar, poor grammar, emoji, no emoji, whatever form it comes in. It's the best part of this site where we hear what's actually going on in contrast to the rumour, spin, and media BS. Most of us, from what I have seen, offer more gratitude to the reporters than probably what we give our partners when we go home after work. If you get a dopamine kick from a 'like' as the experts tell us, well then the training reporters should be feeling pretty special, and deservedly so. It's a labour of love that is given without any obligation.

In view of that, I'm not sure I fully understand why when 30-50+ people have liked a training report with a few comments following in the vein of "you're awesome, thanks" (to paraphrase), with one or two, potential or actually negative post(s) results in a total shut down and the taking the proverbial bat and ball and going home. To put myself in the training reporter's shoes, sure, I would initially be pissed off and call the negatives a ****head or something of that ilk, but then I would just put them on ignore, smile and say something like "seeya ****head", and continue to enjoy the love and appreciation of the other 99%* (*not exact %) of my positive followers who appreciate my efforts.

Anyway, once again from MH, I am very thankful for all the training reports as I sit behind my computer at work and hope they can continue. You are all legends in my eyes and I hope you continue to provide your labours of love.

MH

Like monument I love all training reports of all variety. So please keep them coming. I would never criticise the posters just ask a question or two and the responses have been terrific - like gaskin kindly responding to my Son son Walters injury status on Wed.

Keep up the great work training watchers. As others have said it is the main reason I keep venturing back to BigFooty Freo. Also means I can have a good laugh at the total rubbish churned out by certain journalists who clearly never attend or have a designated grassy knoll off by themselves and stay for 5mins only.

As someone who is down at Cockburn arc regularly and watches training more often than not the reason I know I stopped giving reports was people on facebook stealing the reports word for word and claiming it as their own then being a b**ch when called out on it.

In saying that the guys were very vocal this morning, everyone seems in really good spirits out there.

Last edited:
A public health announcement

Dear training report posters,

It has become apparent that training reports are being posted less often. Please be advised that this is causing me extreme emotional distress. My heart has a training report sized hole in it, which can only be filled by training reports. If this pattern continues, I will be forced to obtain training reports from objective and unbiased sources like Channel 7 and 6PR - or I might even start reading the Sunday Times. Think of the children.

Regards
Megalon

A couple of umpires were there this morning working with groups of players and then umpiring during a match sim. The main focus seemed to be on the new interpretation of hands in the back in a marking contest.

A couple of umpires were there this morning working with groups of players and then umpiring during a match sim. The main focus seemed to be on the new interpretation of hands in the back in a marking contest.

Great. It gives training watchers a chance to practice their “Ya blind maggot!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks, long time lurker here. Got down to training and had a look see this morning. The boys are all looking super fit. Tabs and Switorski were standouts for me. Bhill was very vocal and Fyfe was his usual beast self.

Mundy, Kerstin & Hogan did a heap of laps, Walters was also doing laps and didn't do the match sims from memory. SHill was walking as well. Rossy came out late and was limping - should be good for round one 😜

Watched about 3/4 of training today and thought the skills were a little better than Wednesday, not that they were too bad then. Lobb continues to impress me with his skills and mobility for such a big man. Taberner is looking very solid and I hope those two line up together during the season. Bhill was very active as usual and CamMac is certainly working hard. Didn't really notice anyone in particular that wasn't training hard. Cerra was being used in the backline excercises and looking quite good. Logue is looking better each session. Not really sure were Harley is at, he flashes in and out and what he does is very good. Really hope this time the calves hold up. Hogan was not involved in the match sims obviously but looks to be in pretty good condition. Has an odd running style I noticed. Very much like the look of Switkowski to play as a crumbing forward. Duman was good, Fyfe, Matera looks to be working hard. Didn't notice Bewley as much but he has been impressive so far. Brayshaw is also training very well and looks like he is setting for a big season. Someone mentioned Cerra had grown a bit taller, not sure if it was the angle but he played on Fye for a bit and he looked as tall as Nathan. There would be lots of others that did well I haven't mentioned, it's difficult to watch all the groups at the same time but in general I thought it was a good workout and I was surprised to see Roly there as he has just had a knee replacement. He was moving pretty slowly though. Going to be hard to pick a side this year because we have some depth now.

Thanks for the reports, how is disposal by foot looking? It's an area we need to improve on across the board, on average, based on the last 2-3 years. We seemed to do alot of good things last year as a team, only to become unstuck by one howler in a passage of play to undo the good work. If we can improve in that area and reduce the number of turnovers, we could be very scary to play against this year with Lobb, Tabs, Hogan in the forward line

What's a flat talent curve?
Where your best player is very much the same as your worse player.

If our best 22 played our second best 22 it would be an even match.

This isn't the case, our best 22 is significantly better than the average of our squad.
So nothing to do with Tony Greig and the big roller then.

Where your best player is very much the same as your worse player.

If our best 22 played our second best 22 it would be an even match.

This isn't the case, our best 22 is significantly better than the average of our squad.

There isn't one AFL squad where your best player is the same than your worse. So therefore a flat talent curve doesn't exist

There isn't one AFL squad where your best player is the same than your worse. So therefore a flat talent curve doesn't exist

If we had a squad of entirely teenagers we could reasonably assume the difference between our best and worst wouldn't be as much but the discussion was brought up because our skills as a squad on the track, with our full squad, weren't as good as they will be on game day, with only our best playing.

It's not a rogue concept.

Thanks for the reports, how is disposal by foot looking? It's an area we need to improve on across the board, on average, based on the last 2-3 years. We seemed to do alot of good things last year as a team, only to become unstuck by one howler in a passage of play to undo the good work. If we can improve in that area and reduce the number of turnovers, we could be very scary to play against this year with Lobb, Tabs, Hogan in the forward line
The one I noticed Wednesday was Crowden, he missed the mark a few times under little pressure. What I saw of him today looked better. There seems to be a bit more emphasis on this area so far compared to previous years. We will know when the real stuff starts.

Tbh pre season training reports are pretty positive every day, when I attended. Never really noticed glaring holes in the plan, as it’s pretty impossible to have an intraclub match that’s A grade v A grade. That’s all indoors tbh. Analyzing and what works.
There’s no official games to gauge it on, what’s improving and what not. Even pre season games is bs. All I noticed is that every fit player is in contention for round 1 and that the fitness is amazing. The negative part you can only take is injuries at this point in time. That’s it.
Players are upbeat, loud and trying their hardest. So yeah it’s definitely hard to be nitpicking this early. Once round 1 comes around then the training watchers can contrast and compare.
Each club is probably the same. Upbeat about the new season. Once injuries and games occurs that’s the real change.

lets be honest pre season is the only time any Freo supporter can be positive ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back