Sick Bay (Or what ails you)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get hit hard by the flu very often (every 3-4 years maybe) and always seems to be around Easter.

Had a bit of a cough for a week that wasn’t bothering me and it disappeared over the weekend, woke up this morning and I have been hit by a bus and the cough is back with triple the force. Worked today to get some stuff done but have taken the day off tomorrow and will go into the docs. s**t time with Easter this weekend :(

I don’t get hit hard by the flu very often (every 3-4 years maybe) and always seems to be around Easter.

Had a bit of a cough for a week that wasn’t bothering me and it disappeared over the weekend, woke up this morning and I have been hit by a bus and the cough is back with triple the force. Worked today to get some stuff done but have taken the day off tomorrow and will go into the docs. s**t time with Easter this weekend :(
Oh dear, they said it was going to be a bad one this year, reminds me I better go and gt mine as last year I left it too late.

Do you normally have the flu injection? Take care.

Oh dear, they said it was going to be a bad one this year, reminds me I better go and gt mine as last year I left it too late.

Do you normally have the flu injection? Take care.
Probably been a bit lazy because I haven’t had the flu in a couple of years. On the subject on flu shots, I think all companies should provide them. Currently my manager is off crook and I think my other manager will he struck down also. Going to put us massively under the pump after Easter.

Welcome to Melbourne Soups.

Get some tsipouro into you mate...…...It works wonders for me.

Might have to... got back from the docs and I have influenza. Rest of the week off for me.

That is s**t news Soups.

Has the Doc given you anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously?

Try going to Arctic Park back in the day & that's before climate change!

I have some fond memories of Arctic Park, but I admit that I do find Docklands inhospitable. Getting old, getting soft I guess.

My Grandpa used to tell me about his uncle, a farmer from somewhere near Kerang. This ancestor of mine used to hold the horse-driven plough as it bumped across his land, and sometimes it'd hit a stump or rock and quickly jag across his face. Whenever it broke his nose, which apparently happened with some regularity, he'd just 're-set' it himself with some mud from the dam.

I remind myself of this from time to time, but I can't help having a whinge whenever we have to play at Docklands...

I have some fond memories of Arctic Park, but I admit that I do find Docklands inhospitable. Getting old, getting soft I guess.

My Grandpa used to tell me about his uncle, a farmer from somewhere near Kerang. This ancestor of mine used to hold the horse-driven plough as it bumped across his land, and sometimes it'd hit a stump or rock and quickly jag across his face. Whenever it broke his nose, which apparently happened with some regularity, he'd just 're-set' it himself with some mud from the dam.

I remind myself of this from time to time, but I can't help having a whinge whenever we have to play at Docklands...
My old man told stories of delivering papers & milk in the country with no shoes & what a godsend seeing a cow piss in the paddock he would go to to warm his feet.

Harden the * up!!!

Mind you, I use to say to him, when he refused to drive me to school when it was freezing & belting down with rain.

I'd say but "did you enjoy it, wouldn't you of rathered an alternative?"

He'd just look at me & I knew that meant, start walking kent!!!!

After Going to Double Header last week now I have a Bloody Cold
Western Oval with the wind.
Then going to the Fridge (my new name for Marvel) not surprised you’re a bit ill.

Hot soup is my poison. I love soups so it’s easy to eat and tasty.
Mind if you have a bad blocked nose it effects your taste (as a lot of taste is through smell).

You’ve got man flu

Off to Bunnings

Buy some concrete....

:p:p:p

Last edited:
The thing about Marvel Stadium...if you have a seat at ground level on the west side, and your back is to one of the entry gates, and the wind comes in off Victoria Harbour and hits the back of your neck...it can be one of the coldest experiences!

The Romans invented a form of air conditioning, which involved cooling air over water and then piping it into rooms. Works a treat at Docklands in winter.:mad:

p.s. the Roman bit may be a myth, but designing a stadium with large openings facing the water, so you can invite the cold winter air in?

The thing about Marvel Stadium...if you have a seat at ground level on the west side, and your back is to one of the entry gates, and the wind comes in off Victoria Harbour and hits the back of your neck...it can be one of the coldest experiences!

The Romans invented a form of air conditioning, which involved cooling air over water and then piping it into rooms. Works a treat at Docklands in winter.:mad:

p.s. the Roman bit may be a myth, but designing a stadium with large openings facing the water, so you can invite the cold winter air in?

You'd think a stadium with a roof would be designed to keep all the elements out as much as possible...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back