NRL The NRL pre-season

Yep Flanagan done for being in contact with the club and players during his 12 month ban as part of the supplement saga. Sharks fined $800,000 as well (the $400,000 that was suspended then and a further $400k now). They still have the findings of the salary cap investigation to come as well.

Tigers have their CEO deregistered, a $750,000 fine and the $639,000 arrangement with Farrah added in their 2019 Salary Cap.

Big blow for both clubs, very harsh on Wests Tigers but the Sharks knew the terms of Flanagan's ban, were reminded of it repeatedly and still decided to ignore it.

An arrangement kthat Farah has not accepted yet.
Glad Pascoe is gone though. Just a dumb f***.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
10 years.

Link

It's been a decade since the tragic passing of promising Warriors rugby league player Sonny Fai but barely a day goes by when former captain Steve Price does not think about his young teammate.

"I can honestly say that," Price told Stuff from Australia.

"It's easy to say things like that but he always comes into my head and I know it would be the same with everyone else. It's quite unique that there's been a lot of people that have passed that have meant a huge amount to me, but I probably don't think of them as much as I think of Sonny.

"What a blessing he was to have been a part of our lives because he was so touching to everyone in his own way."

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The good old days in Auckland.

carlaw.jpg

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Smith commits for 2 more years.

Link
Have it on good authority Brandon Smith is livid with this decision. While he hasn’t officially asked for a release, don’t be suprised to see him explore his options. The guy would genuinely be a walk up starter in the number 9 role at about 10 clubs.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
As a Cowboys supporter i’m shattered. Absolute stain on society and he will never play rugby league again.

From what i’ve heard he verbally abused her and threw a rock at her head and possibly pushed her. O’Neill and Temaire Martin were also with him at the time.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
If there's anything good that can be gleaned from this, I'm glad that the NRL finally seem to be taking this seriously.

Still, after some of the incidents this offseason, the suggestion that they pick off easy targets when it comes to setting examples wouldn't be too far off the mark.

Back