All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AEW avoids the mistakes of WCW and TNA. Ie, no hogan, Russo, cornette and Nash, then they should become competitive in getting numbers, especially if they get omega.

They should stay away from the wwe top stars, in the shield, Brock, ect. And look at the fringe level of talent from the company, like cesaro, the revival, Anderson and gallows, Almas, while looking at establishing the next lot.
Jim Cornette would be that bad surely?

Unless he goes on an anti vince russo tirade

Jim Cornette would be that bad surely?

Unless he goes on an anti vince russo tirade
I'd love Cornette to be a GM. He's entertaining on camera.
With everything he's said about the young bucks and omega. And the inevitable signing of Joey Ryan. Would be very fun with what would come out if his mouth

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Cornette hates Lucha Underground. He should be nowhere near AEW. At some point he turned into an idiot.

I have heard of lucha underground but have never watched any of it to be honest. Cornette slowly became crazy as I said, due to his hatred of Vince Russo

Jim Cornette hates Lucha Underground because they put a lot of effort (more than he would) into their backstage scenes. "It's like watching a ******* movie! Book it like a sport!". It's no coincidence his time as someone with real decision making power in WWF ended right as the Attitude Era started. Fossil thinks the stuff he dished up in the mid-90s that nobody ever talks about was actually good.

If AEW avoids the mistakes of WCW and TNA. Ie, no hogan, Russo, cornette and Nash, then they should become competitive in getting numbers, especially if they get omega.

They should stay away from the wwe top stars, in the shield, Brock, ect. And look at the fringe level of talent from the company, like cesaro, the revival, Anderson and gallows, Almas, while looking at establishing the next lot.

Agreed. Cesaro is going to waste and will be nothing more than a mid carder in WWE. Sad. I'm calling it early but I'm sure we'll add EC3 to the list of WWE stars that are wasted in the E. Both IMO could easily pass as world champs.

Last edited:
Jim Cornette hates Lucha Underground because they put a lot of effort (more than he would) into their backstage scenes. "It's like watching a ******* movie! Book it like a sport!". It's no coincidence his time as someone with real decision making power in WWF ended right as the Attitude Era started. Fossil thinks the stuff he dished up in the mid-90s that nobody ever talks about was actually good.

99% of the time he is spot on in terms of what works in wrestling and what doesn't. He hates Lucha Underground because it shits on the business. It's also a blip on the overall wrestling radar. Smoky Mountain Wrestling is still highly regarded and the Midnight Express are still recognised as one of (if not the) best tag teams ever in wrestling.

His podcast this week only wished AEW well. He's a fan of Cody and his dislike of the Young Bucks more stems from their willingness to do stupid stuff (eg superkicking a 10 year old kid) rather than their ability as wrestlers. He (and Brian Last, host of the 605 podcast) did a terrific segment on what it takes to put together a successful promotion. It's more than just putting together a bunch of wrestlers. It's understanding how the TV business works, how advertisers work, how to work with arena managers, how to book long term etc. In order to justify the money they are putting in, they are going to have attract an audience outside of just the hardcore wrestling crowd. His concern is he can't see who would be able to handle the business side of the promotion. They both also noted you cannot build a promotion on workrate alone. You need good angles and promos to get people to care about the wrestlers - again his worry, is the group may not be equipped to do that.

So contrary to your assertion that he hates promotions who focus on aspects other than the wrestling, he fully understands the need to do that. His assertion (which I agree with) is the more of a joke you make it, the more likely the casual fan will treat it as a joke and the less likely they will be to watch and/or attend shows. Even the WWF in the 80s still treated the matches with respect and expertly wove in the storylines to build interest in the wrestling itself. Of course, you can have humour in wrestling. But when it becomes the major focus and you throw out logic in the process, you reduce the ability to attract people to watch.

Some news

Jim Ross is apparently signed or will be soon

They are close to signing a deal on tbs Turner is back brother

Wwe are telling certain Indy wrestlers if they can show them other companies offers in writing they will beat it and even double it

Did Undertaker, Kane and Sting s**t on the business (before they were hasbeen part-timers)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99% of the time he is spot on in terms of what works in wrestling and what doesn't. He hates Lucha Underground because it shits on the business. It's also a blip on the overall wrestling radar. Smoky Mountain Wrestling is still highly regarded and the Midnight Express are still recognised as one of (if not the) best tag teams ever in wrestling.

His podcast this week only wished AEW well. He's a fan of Cody and his dislike of the Young Bucks more stems from their willingness to do stupid stuff (eg superkicking a 10 year old kid) rather than their ability as wrestlers. He (and Brian Last, host of the 605 podcast) did a terrific segment on what it takes to put together a successful promotion. It's more than just putting together a bunch of wrestlers. It's understanding how the TV business works, how advertisers work, how to work with arena managers, how to book long term etc. In order to justify the money they are putting in, they are going to have attract an audience outside of just the hardcore wrestling crowd. His concern is he can't see who would be able to handle the business side of the promotion. They both also noted you cannot build a promotion on workrate alone. You need good angles and promos to get people to care about the wrestlers - again his worry, is the group may not be equipped to do that.

So contrary to your assertion that he hates promotions who focus on aspects other than the wrestling, he fully understands the need to do that. His assertion (which I agree with) is the more of a joke you make it, the more likely the casual fan will treat it as a joke and the less likely they will be to watch and/or attend shows. Even the WWF in the 80s still treated the matches with respect and expertly wove in the storylines to build interest in the wrestling itself. Of course, you can have humour in wrestling. But when it becomes the major focus and you throw out logic in the process, you reduce the ability to attract people to watch.
To be Brutally Honest SMW when it was around from 1991-5 had a few things in common with ECW.

No I am not talking About ECWs violent style. Mind you SMW had those violent street fight matches then the Gangstas (New Jack and Mustafa ) were around. Hell Jim Ross was in SMW briefly.

I mean both SMW and ECW were not big feds in the mid 1990s. But Both companies had wrestlers that would eventually go to Either WWE or WCW or Possibly both. ECWs list was obvious with Shane Douglas, Raven, Perry Saturn, Dudleys, Tazz etc. SMW Had guys like Chris Jericho, Lance Storm and Chris Candido and Mick Foley.

because they theory worked so well with ROH, NJPW, Impact and MLW.

What does those Companies got to do with the TV Deal for AEW?

Guess there are always Torrents IF there shows don't come to Australia

What does those Companies got to do with the TV Deal for AEW?

Guess there are always Torrents IF there shows don't come to Australia

Because they all had US tv deals and (with the exception of TNA in the early days) our tv networks are not interested.

Torrents are probably your best bet, unless they have a website/app streaming partnership.

I'm pretty sure TNA was on Foxtel for a while. Otherwise I have no idea how I watched it for the year or so that I did lol

It was initially on Main Event back in the weekly ppv days, where they showed 1 of the weekly ppvs each month. Later down the track, Fox8 showed some of the initial weekly ppv shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back