Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him a couple of seasons and I think he can do for us what Josh Kennedy has done for the Swans.
He’s a beauty.

And going to be super for us long term.

Love :bearface:

Last edited:

Just fixed it......bloody new format.
IT is taking a while to get use to it. Did like the previous new version better

He is already playing for our VFL team, why add him to the AFL list to do the same job?
There will be a spare list spot when Murray's ban is made official. Through the mid-season draft, recruiting Oxley to fill the spot just for the remainder of the season is better than recruiting a newbie. Oxley, while not being the greatest footballer, has AFL experience and connects well with the rest of the playing group.

A temp contract for him for the sole purpose of having a full list is fine.

There will be a spare list spot when Murray's ban is made official. Through the mid-season draft, recruiting Oxley to fill the spot just for the remainder of the season is better than recruiting a newbie. Oxley, while not being the greatest footballer, has AFL experience and connects well with the rest of the playing group.

A temp contract for him for the sole purpose of having a full list is fine.

We already know Oxley isn't capable at AFL level, there are tonnes of promising state league players who deserve a chance over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already know Oxley isn't capable at AFL level, there are tonnes of promising state league players who deserve a chance over him.
Exactly. Why not take a risk free look at a VFL/SANFL/WAFL mature ager for 6 months.

There are no better options than Oxley. There will never be any better options. Never. Ever.
What about bringing in Blair.
He will work hard, present, meet all challenges.

Doubt Blair would want to come back really. That interview he did on SEN after his delisting made it sound like he was a bit salty about being dropped.

Doubt Blair would want to come back really. That interview he did on SEN after his delisting made it sound like he was a bit salty about being dropped.

Well he was well looked after by Bucks and Selectors up this Season

Didn’t hear the interview but Lol should be happy he got another year in the system.
I can respect Blair to a certain degree because he got the best out of himself as a very limited footballer. A few comments he’s made over the past 12 months however, give the impression he felt he was better than he actually was. I still shake my head at the notion that he was shocked to be dropped and replaced by Wells. Like.... seriously....?

I can respect Blair to a certain degree because he got the best out of himself as a very limited footballer. A few comments he’s made over the past 12 months however, give the impression he felt he was better than he actually was. I still shake my head at the notion that he was shocked to be dropped and replaced by Wells. Like.... seriously....?

Agree. He played a role in 2010. Was a kind of poor man's Puoppolo. But physical limitations meant he wasn't up to the modern game. Could have snuck in a spot as a transitional leader at the Gold Coast maybe, but was lucky to stay on our list as long as he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back