What would you like to see at WrestleMania 35?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch vs Rousey

Lesnar vs Rollins

Cena vs Omega

Bryan vs Balor

Murphy vs Mysterio

That would sell the entire show for me.

No more than 10 matches please. Focus on quality over quantity. Also put 205 championship match on NXT show. And do not book either Lesnar and/or Reigns.

Pre-show:
Mens & Women's battle royals. Winners become no.1 contender for a championship match of their choice.

Main card:
1. Universal Title: Braun Strowman (c) v The Demon Finn Balor (Rumble Winner)
2. Women Tag Team Titles: Bailey/ Sasha Banks v IIconics
3. Grudge Match: AJ Styles v Kenny Omega
4. WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: Raw champs Roode/Gable v Smackdown champs The Bar
5. US Title Ladder Match: Rusev (c) v Samoa Joe v Randy Orton v Rey Mysterio v Jeff Hardy v Shinsuke Nakamura
6. WWE Smackdown Women Title: Asuka (c) v Charlotte Flair
7. John Cena & The Rock v Undertaker & Kane
8. IC Title: Dean Ambrose (c) v Seth Rollins v Elias v Kevin Owens
9. WWE Title: Daniel Bryan (c) v The Miz
10. WWE Raw Women Title: Ronda Rousey (c) v Becky Lynch (Rumble winner)

It's the only time of the year where it's worth watching the WWE product outside of NXT... only to for the annual reminder that it's EntertainmentMania, not WrestleMania. Keeping that in mind, here's what I'm predicting for the WrestleMania 35 card. Tack onto this The 'Dre, Raw Tag Titles, Cruiserweight Titles etc.

WWE Raw Women's Championship - Triple Threat
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte
The likely main event, because WWE are frothing over the idea of a women's main event. I'm not opposed, and it's the most logical solution. Charlotte likely wins the Rumble, and Becky manages her way in, fan power and all that. Lynch should go over. Definitely more of a wrestling match than an entertainment spot.

WWE Universal Championship - No Disqualification
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
Rollins wins the Rumble. Rollins overcomes the Beast at WrestleMania, capping off an excellent year and does it for his Shield brother, Roman. Everyone cries the happy tears. "Wrestling" match with Seth surviving 27 F5's and 912 German suplexes.

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) w/The Bellas vs. John Cena
Cena's the only logical opponent for "The New" Bryan IMO, and it plays into all the personal stuff over the last year for John which let's be honest wouldn't be an issue given they all happily appear on Total Bellas/Divas/etc. Very similar to the SummerSlam feud, but Bryan can heel it up hard. Bryan retains in a wrestling style match but a busy "entertainment" finish involving the Bellas.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. "The Demon" Finn Balor
Heel Ambrose should carry the belt into Mania, and Balor seems the perfect foil. Nothing too fancy with this one, but wheel out The Demon to give the match sweetness and that extra tang. Balor goes over in a wrestling match.

WWE United States Championship - Ladder Match
Rusev (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Mustafa Ali
Nice big ol' multiman match, seven guys, one belt hanging over the ring and a shittonne of ladders. A wrestling match/spotfest, honestly anyone could go over here. Probably Mysterio, maybe Mustafa Ali for the surprise factor.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
Bayley & Sasha Banks (c) vs. Trish Stratus & Lita
Trish & Lita are rumoured to be in a tag team match and this one makes the most sense. Bayley & Sasha win some sort of tournament at Fastlane or Elimination Chamber (which PPV comes before WrestleMania these days?) - Trish and Lita come out on RAW to congratulate them then heel it up, beat them up and challenge them at Mania. Legends put over the new guard, everyone hugs it out in a short wrestling match to spotlight some legends.

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Bar (c) vs. The Miz & Shane McMahon
Everyone's calling Miz vs. McMahon which is also possible but it'd be a waste of card space/rushing a pretty decent storyline. Run it through, build Shane & Miz as a credible tag team, have them win a No.1 contender's match and challenge The Bar (which gives them a featured WrestleMania spot too). The Bar win in a short spot-fest wrestling match, and Shane turns heel post-match and beats the s**t out of Miz, turning Miz face/anti-face in the process and lining him up for a hot 2019.

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Asuka vs. Sonya Deville w/Mandy Rose
Not a lot to care about in this one, but can definitely see Sonya getting a shot for the title with Mandy by her side. Short wrestling match, entrances run longer. Asuka wins.

AJ Styles vs. Kenny Omega
WWE are throwing the kitchen sink at Omega and given FOX want SmackDown to become the wrestling show, I can see Omega making his way to the blue brand. Logical opponents, million and one ways to set this one up but I'd like a surprise Omega appearance on the tron and do something similar to what Jericho did to announce Jericho/Omega. A solid wrestling bout, Omega wins to set himself up going forward. If Omega doesn't sign, Styles faces either Undertaker or Michaels.

The End of an End of an End of an Era Street Fight
The Undertaker w/Kane vs. Shawn Michaels w/Triple H

Wheeling out the legends to finish the Super Showdown/Crown Jewel storyline. I don't want to see this, but I feel like we will. An "entertainment" exhibition old-man spotfest - ten minute match, Undertaker beats Michaels for a third time. This, or one of these two faces Styles if Omega doesn't sign.

Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre
Drew screws Braun out of the title at the Rumble. Big man faces big man in a short wrestling match. Drew probably goes over to set up for a huge 2019.

Last edited:

AJ Styles vs. Kenny Omega​
WWE are throwing the kitchen sink at Omega and given FOX want SmackDown to become the wrestling show, I can see Omega making his way to the blue brand. Logical opponents, million and one ways to set this one up but I'd like a surprise Omega appearance on the tron and do something similar to what Jericho did to announce Jericho/Omega. A solid wrestling bout, Omega wins to set himself up going forward. If Omega doesn't sign, Styles faces either Undertaker or Michaels.

Fox doesn't have SmackDown until October 4th. WrestleMania 35 will be old news by then.

Fox doesn't have SmackDown until October 4th. WrestleMania 35 will be old news by then.

alright well fine omega goes to smackdown because why the f**k not.

If they sign Omega it's probably too late to work him into the WrestleMania storyline plans (if he gets one, somebody is missing out on theirs). Maybe a shock run-in on the night or hold his debut until the following Raw or SmackDown.

If they sign Omega it's probably too late to work him into the WrestleMania storyline plans (if he gets one, somebody is missing out on theirs). Maybe a shock run-in on the night or hold his debut until the following Raw or SmackDown.

WWE would find a way of putting him in WM IF he SIgns

I mean, this is a fantasy booking thread after all. ;)

Unless they save him for the RAW after Mania to set up a match with the Universal champion, i'd say there is no way Omega signs with WWE and then doesn't have a huge match on the grandest stage. The game has changed somewhat. He is a big enough name to throw into any Wrestlemania match right away.

I did one of these a few months ago and it is looking unlikely now with the changes in the WWE since October (Roman’s illness, Bryan’s heel turn, the ‘Shake Up, etc.) So I thought I would give it another go. Same as last time it will be a combination between what I expect to see at Wrestlemania 35 and what I would like to see (taking into account that Wrestlemania is a ‘spectacle’ show where the Wrestlemania moments are now the focus and the match quality is average due to time commitments unless it features part-timers). I’ve got 11 matches on the main show, which is the same as Wrestlemania 34 with 3 pre-show matches.

Smackdown Women’s Championship Match
Becky Lynch © vs. Charlotte Flair Vs. Ronda Rousey
-Becky Lynch wins the Smackdown Women’s title from Askua at the Royal Rumble. Following her match, she has a confrontation with Rousey backstage. Lynch then costs Rousey the Raw Women’s championship to Sasha Banks (IMO Rousey needs to lose a singles match before Wrestlemania, or it becomes part of her gimmick). Charlotte Flair wins the Royal Rumble, challenging Becky Lynch to a match at Wrestlemania. The match is set as Lynch Vs Flair. Rousey wants in on that match more than anything—so Stephanie McMahon makes a Flair Vs Rousey match @ Fast Lane—if Rousey wins she is added to Smackdown Women’s title match at Wrestlemania which Rousey wins. Triple Threat match with the three ‘biggest’ women’s names in WWE today who are all over with the fans. This match will go on last to signify the next step in the Women’s Evolution.

WWE Championship Match
Daniel Bryan © w/The Bella Twins Vs. John Cena
-The “New” Daniel Bryan is all about how the fans are ‘fickle’. Out of any star in WWE history, the fans have arguably been more ‘fickle’ about John Cena than any other superstar in history, despite him always ‘standing by’ them even when they didn’t stand by him. Seems like a natural story--- add in The Bella Twins & the fact John Cena is chasing Championship reign 17 this feels like one of the few match-ups worthy of being in a ‘major’ slot at Wrestlemania 35. John Cena gets into this match by winning the Elimination Chamber for a WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania.

As a side note, the Elimination Chamber would be a Raw match (Cena, Strowman, Rollins, Ambrose, Lashley & McIntyre) with John Cena winning as everyone thinks that the Royal Rumble winner—AJ Styles will go for the WWE Championship, instead of the Universal Championship which is announced on the Raw after the Elimination Chamber.

Universal Championship Match
Finn Balor © Vs AJ Styles
-Finn Balor wins the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble from Brock Lesnar as “Demon” Finn Balor. AJ Styles wins the Royal Rumble in a surprise entrant after losing to Daniel Bryan earlier in the night. After Elimination Chamber—AJ Styles “shocks’ the WWE Universe by deciding he wants to challenge for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania, because he wants to prove he’s the best against Finn Balor. Two Former BC Leaders—get Gallows & Anderson involved in the build to Wrestlemania. These two could put on a wrestling classic if given the time and would be a ‘smarks’ dream match.

‘Beast’ Vs ‘Monster Amongst Men’
Brock Lesnar Vs. Braun Strowman
-Brock Lesnar is furious backstage following his loss to Finn at the Royal Rumble. Brock Lesnar attacks Strowman backstage—blaming him for the change in the match, taking Strowman’s spot in the Royal Rumble. Strowman comes out and eliminates Lesnar with the 2-brawling backstage. These two monsters spend the next few months getting their hands on one another—Lesnar costing Strowman his spot at Elimination chamber and Strowman attacking Lesnar at the “press conference”. This match is used to put Braun over as the “New Beast” so that Brock Lesnar can leave and go back to UFC/retire. IMO Lesnar’s done almost everything he can in his current role, he should put over Braun and leave for a while.

The Last Time Ever End of an Era
The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels
-Once these two men have entrances, they will only need to have a short 10 to 12-minute match, putting The Undertaker over and ending this International feud these two have had over the past few months. I would fill this match with a bunch of run-in cameos to make it a full-on nostalgia trip. You could have D-X (Triple H, Road Dogg & X-Pac) & The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall) interfere for Michaels while you could have Kane, the Acolytes (Farooq & Bradshaw) and The Big Show interfere for The Undertaker.

No Holds Barred Match
Seth Rollins Vs Dean Ambrose

- I feel that this feud is currently more on the ‘backburner’ rather than ending, so I could see them continuing it all the way through to Wrestlemania. Continue to build it up with Dean Ambrose costing Rollins every opportunity at success. IMO I think this match will mostly happen because IF Reigns is healthy enough even for a one-off return it would happen at Wrestlemania with Reigns appearing during the match, given Ambrose a spear and a superman punch helping Rollins overcome Dean Ambrose.

Battle of the Luchadores
Rey Mysterio Vs. Andrade Cien Almas
-A ‘Passing of the torch’ match where Almas becomes the ‘Hispanic Hero’ after defeating Mysterio one-on-one at Wrestlemania in a fast-paced, 10-minute match. In the build-up Almas could criticize Mysterio for wearing a mask after his last a ‘Mask Vs. Mask’ match back in WCW 20 years ago, while Almas held the Lucha tradition to respect by no longer wearing a mask. Start the build from this match from last week’s Smackdown match.

Intercontinental Championship Match
Bobby Lashley © w/Lio Rush Vs Kurt Angle
-Bobby Lashley retains the IC Championship all the way through to Wrestlemania. Kurt Angle returns to Raw in the lead up to Wrestlemania. Lio Rush talks Angle down as “old and broken”—which leads Angle to challenging Lashley to a match at Wrestlemania.

WWE Women’s Tag Championship Match
Sasha Banks & Bayley © Vs. Trish Stratus & Lita
-Sasha Banks is a dual-champion at this point in time, holding the Raw Women’s Championship as well as the Women’s Tag Championships. Trish & Lita return to Raw after the crowning of the first Women’s Tag titles at Elimination Chamber to congratulate Sasha & Bayley—before challenging them to a match. Lita & Trish defeat The Riott Squad & Nia/Tamina in matches in the lead up to Wrestlemania.

U.S. Championship Match
6-Pack Challenge

Rusev © Vs. Samoa Joe Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sheamus Vs. Cesaro Vs. Big E
-An all-out “Tough Guy” battle between 6 of the toughest guys on the Smackdown roster. Similar to the Tornado tag match—it is a spectacle where something is always happening with match ups occurring around the ringside area.

Smackdown Tag Championship Match
The Miz & Shane McMahon © Vs. Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy
-The Miz & Shane McMahon win the Tag titles from The Bar at the Royal Rumble. The Miz claims they are the “best tag team in the world” prompting challenges from The New Day at Elimination Chamber & The Usos are Fastlane. Following these two victories Jeff Hardy challenges The Miz & Shane McMahon to a match at Wrestlemania—with his tag partner, one half of the greatest tag teams of all time—Matt Hardy. This is a one-off return for Matt Hardy to get a Wrestlemania retirement match.

Elias Rock Concert
-Elias has a concert as a break during the show and is interrupted by The Rock. The Rock does a promo, gives Elias a Rock bottom and then celebrates with the fans.

Pre-Show

Cruiserweight Championship Match
Buddy Murphy © Vs Mike Kanellis w/ Maria

-Buddy Murphy has been able to overcome all challengers on 205 Live, but can Buddy Murphy overcome “the greatest love”??

20 Woman- Women’s Wrestlemania Battle Royal
Shayna Basler Vs. Mickie James Vs. Alicia Fox Vs. Natalya Vs. Nikki Cross Vs. Lacey Evans Vs. Dana Brooke Vs. Tamina Vs. Nia Jax Vs. Ruby Riott Vs. Liv Morgan Vs. Sarah Logan Vs. Naomi Vs. Carmella Vs. Lana Vs. Peyton Royce Vs. Billie Kay Vs. Mandy Rose Vs. Sonya Deville vs. Ember Moon

-In her main roster debut Shayna Basler wins, last eliminating Nia Jax. Basler then joins Ronda on Smackdown to feud with Charlotte & Becky Lynch, eventually involving all of the women of both sets of the 4HW for a 4HW Vs 4HW match at either Summer Slam, Evolution II or Survivor Series.

30-Man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Dolph Ziggler Vs. Baron Corbin Vs. Jinder Mahal Vs. Drew McIntyre Vs. Apollo Crews Vs. Bo Dallas Vs. Curtis Axel Vs. Curt Hawkins Vs. Dash Wilder Vs. Scott Dawson Vs. Heath Slater Vs. Mojo Rawley Vs. Titus O’Neal Vs. Zack Ryder Vs. No Way Jose Vs. Bobby Roode Vs. Tyler Breeze Vs. Rhyno Vs. Chad Gable vs. Aiden English Vs. Harper Vs. Rowan Vs. Jimmy Uso Vs. Jey Uso Vs. R-Truth Vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Tye Dillinger Vs. Kofi Kingston Vs. Xavier Woods Vs. EC3

-Drew McIntyre wins the ‘Dre Battle Royal and then feuds with Braun Strowman on Raw following Wrestlemania.

No part timers.

Prepared to be heavily disappointed as the usual part timers s**t on the full timers just making the full timers more of a joke. Wwe needs to stop living in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Bry vs. Cena
Lynch vs. Rousey vs. Flair
Rollins vs. Lesnar

Those should be the big 3 matches and I'd be very happy with those.

If Lesnar drops the title then I'd like to see him vs. McIntyre and Balor vs. Rollins for the title

3 hours, 8 matches (at least four of which are one-on-one), no pre-show matches, nobody over 50 working a match, nobody who wasn't on Raw or SmackDown or 205 Live three months before they show (Dec 2018, preventing the "special comebacks"), no "filling time" with bringing out the HoFers (that's what the main ceremony is for) or random legend appearances, no super-mega-get-everyone-on-the-card-for-the-sake-of-it ladder matches or battle royales (create some internal competition for the WM spot and payday in the lead-up).

You're going to draw 75K plus in the stadium, plus many millions of viewers, just because it's WrestleMania. There's no sales or buyrate pressure. Pare it back and tust the best of what's available right now to put on a good show.

Please no womans match for the main event spot. Will be a dead way to finish the night.
Rousey v Lynch should main event. This year it all makes sense.

Rousey is a global superstar due to her movies and mma career. She is ready to put on a big match after a year training under her belt.

Lynch is the hottest wrestler in WWE today with crowd reactions. Both male and women. She deserves the moment and most of all the fans want it.

And lastly the male championship scene has been so lackluster for a long time. Reigns failed as the guy, then got sick. Brock is absent for most of the year. Braun got ruined by turning him heel for no reason and since he turned back the fans (&Vince) dont give a s**t about him anymore. Styles is good but WWE dont give him a chance to main event. His matches are always buried mid card. And while Daniel Bryan has been good lately since becoming champ, prior to that, his return from retirement has largely been a bust. He doesnt have the same support that he used to.

If this was a year in which women should main event. It should be this one.

Rousey vs Lynch would be tolerable. If it's Charlotte or ******* Nia Jax or someone else there because famous relative I'll hate it.

There was a rumour Natalya was going to be in it but they scrapped that. Might've had to kill myself if that happened.

Rousey vs Lynch would be tolerable. If it's Charlotte or ******* Nia Jax or someone else there because famous relative I'll hate it.

There was a rumour Natalya was going to be in it but they scrapped that. Might've had to kill myself if that happened.

If you are having those thoughts over a wrestling program--- there is always people you can call for support.

Life Line 13 11 14
Beyond Blue 1300 224 636

Rousey v Lynch should main event. This year it all makes sense.

Rousey is a global superstar due to her movies and mma career. She is ready to put on a big match after a year training under her belt.

Lynch is the hottest wrestler in WWE today with crowd reactions. Both male and women. She deserves the moment and most of all the fans want it.

And lastly the male championship scene has been so lackluster for a long time. Reigns failed as the guy, then got sick. Brock is absent for most of the year. Braun got ruined by turning him heel for no reason and since he turned back the fans (&Vince) dont give a s**t about him anymore. Styles is good but WWE dont give him a chance to main event. His matches are always buried mid card. And while Daniel Bryan has been good lately since becoming champ, prior to that, his return from retirement has largely been a bust. He doesnt have the same support that he used to.

If this was a year in which women should main event. It should be this one.

If the rumours are true and Rousey is done after WM the match will be shat on more than Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM 20

WrestleMania will forever onwards always have exhibition matches and part timers. So accepting the inevitable and thinking about what I’d like to see in a fantasy booking sense, I’ve always had a slight interest in seeing Brock Lesnar in a match vs. The Rock or Batista. Think either of those matches could be pushed pretty heavily to the mainstream.

Another I suppose I wouldn’t mind would be a match and story centred around a power struggle in the company between Triple H vs. Shane McMahon. The McMahon family have been done to death but I can’t remember these two going at it that much

Please no womans match for the main event spot. Will be a dead way to finish the night.

It will be Ronda vs Becky and the crowd will go absolutely apeshit for it. This is legit the biggest match the WWE could give us right now. That is both saying something for how well the women have done, but also for how strangled the male division has been by pushing the wrong guy (Reigns), letting a part timer dominate (Lesnar) and turning their biggest star heel after starting his comeback with a feud against Big Cass (Bryan).

Another I suppose I wouldn’t mind would be a match and story centred around a power struggle in the company between Triple H vs. Shane McMahon. The McMahon family have been done to death but I can’t remember these two going at it that much

this should be in the unpopular opinions thread (to me)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back