Racing The All Star Mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any horses that are any good? It seems unless you are Winx you are a cat / no hoper Gp3 horse.

Redzel :hearts:

Here's a cheap lesson - if you have one freak anomaly win largely backed up by diddly squat and keep getting hyped for it you are on my radar.

Are there any horses that are any good? It seems unless you are Winx you are a cat / no hoper Gp3 horse.
YEP
100 percent
any horse racing in Australia besides Winx at distances further than 1800m are all walking machines and have been for more than 20 years (so You Think and maybe Star Craft excluded)
Our sprinters are going through a lull at the moment but we have had countless good ones recently so i think they will get better again soon.
blame the breeding industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YEP
100 percent
any horse racing in Australia besides Winx at distances further than 1800m are all walking machines and have been for more than 20 years (so You Think and maybe Star Craft excluded)
Our sprinters are going through a lull at the moment but we have had countless good ones recently so i think they will get better again soon.
blame the breeding industry.
Yeah agree todays A graders dont stack up to yesterdays A graders but I still classify horses like Kem and KWD as A graders compared to the rest of the current crop.

Would be unlikely but if Hartnell could go the well 1 more time I don’t see much beating him. He’d be my number 1. At WFA his best is the benchmark but hasn’t been putting it up consistently at his age. Same could be said for the clapper but I have less faith.

All that said I’ll still be voting for Tom from Melbourne.

thinking out loud here

but say the votes were to end today at 44k

the field would be

Urban Ruler, The Autumn Sun/Hartnell(sub), Man of his word, extra brut, grunt, amphitrite, moss n dale, mr money bags, foundry, material man, alizee (wild cards) the clapper, land of plenty, mystical journey

say you vote for the fave thats certain to be in the field (Grunt at this stage) with all the camels around at 100:1+ he's about a $8 chance max.. the expected return on just simply voting for Grunt would be $18.

or a 1 in 1750(votes)*8(odds)
1 in 14000 chance of 250k. for no stake.

say the votes double from here, worst case you are getting around $9-$10 expected return. and voting the day before you would just back the best horse with the least votes that will certainly make the field. ie Alizee based on current markets. you would expect the fave at WFA to be around 4's or lower in a 14 horse field with so many duds.

yet people still be voting for urban ruler.

Last edited:
i sorted for ratings on the website. of the 5 lowest rated horses 3 trained by Hayes and 2 by McEvoy. Interestingly Laure Me in is one of those low raters!

Hayes is a good trainer (although i tend to think its Dabernig who does all the good work) but he loves having a throw at the stumps with no hopers

i sorted for ratings on the website. of the 5 lowest rated horses 3 trained by Hayes and 2 by McEvoy. Interestingly Laure Me in is one of those low raters!

Hayes is a good trainer (although i tend to think its Dabernig who does all the good work) but he loves having a throw at the stumps with no hopers

Hayes is the Vic version of Anthony Cummings

Does that count all those who voted for TAS, which are essentially dead votes as it won't run

nope did not even factor that in (in my head i factored that is TAS missed, Hartnell would take his place as a good chance as a wildcard but had no votes), i think in the end you could seriously put a vote in with hope of making some money. slim chance but couldn't think of many raffles lotto etc that have expected return of around $15 for free.

So the horse leading the voting has 800 owners and a rating of 77, the horse in second place is not running and the horse in 3rd the owner gives you a free cheeseburger if you vote for him

lol a farce

Tell me more about how i get this free cheesebuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back