Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Sep 28, 2011
Gold Coast
Arsenal
If you are a fan of sports documentaries, I highly recommend the Sunderland Till I Die doco on Netflix, absolutely intriguing about how a club performs behind the scenes after being relegated from the Premier League.

If you think the Suns have it bad, Sunderland are a train wreck.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
Gold Coast
I haven't seen the doco but don't doubt the situation resulting in Sunderland's "train wreck", but it's an entirely different scenario to here, where the EPL, with no salary cap, just results in the rich getting richer and the poor getting relegated. But the public don't seem to mind that fact.(maybe it's got something to do with miserable weather so lets go to the footy syndrome) that in the last 20yrs only 4 clubs out of 20 have won their premiership, not including that miracle when, lo and behold, somehow Leicester City was allowed to win it. Apart from that year, only Man U. Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have greeted the judge at the pointy end of the season. If that was to be the case here, notwithstanding the secret under the table 3rd party payments that the Vic clubs seem to be able to get away with, then Eddie would be over the moon, but it wouldn't take long for the Aussie public to give the AFL the finger and let them know that the Aussie public have better things to do in our winter, than pay overs to support a comp where only the rich can win. At least the pretend salary cap has a way of giving most Clubs a chance, even if the GF is to be held at the home ground of 4 Melb based clubs for next 685 years.:rolleyes:
As far as the Suns go, I believe we (I'm talking Management here) got it so very wrong in our infant years and have no one to blame but ourselves. However with the past 12 months under Dew and Evans, and now the incoming off field staff to complement them, together with some shrewd drafting/trading, and the young blokes being a year older, I honestly believe we can go somewhere. It might not be this year, maybe not even 2020 but I an SO looking forward to the coming seasons...

Go Suns................

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
Gold Coast
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I haven't seen the doco but don't doubt the situation resulting in Sunderland's "train wreck", but it's an entirely different scenario to here, where the EPL, with no salary cap, just results in the rich getting richer and the poor getting relegated. But the public don't seem to mind that fact.(maybe it's got something to do with miserable weather so lets go to the footy syndrome) that in the last 20yrs only 4 clubs out of 20 have won their premiership, not including that miracle when, lo and behold, somehow Leicester City was allowed to win it. Apart from that year, only Man U. Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have greeted the judge at the pointy end of the season. If that was to be the case here, notwithstanding the secret under the table 3rd party payments that the Vic clubs seem to be able to get away with, then Eddie would be over the moon, but it wouldn't take long for the Aussie public to give the AFL the finger and let them know that the Aussie public have better things to do in our winter, than pay overs to support a comp where only the rich can win. At least the pretend salary cap has a way of giving most Clubs a chance, even if the GF is to be held at the home ground of 4 Melb based clubs for next 685 years.:rolleyes:
As far as the Suns go, I believe we (I'm talking Management here) got it so very wrong in our infant years and have no one to blame but ourselves. However with the past 12 months under Dew and Evans, and now the incoming off field staff to complement them, together with some shrewd drafting/trading, and the young blokes being a year older, I honestly believe we can go somewhere. It might not be this year, maybe not even 2020 but I an SO looking forward to the coming seasons...

Go Suns................
Well said, I hope however it doesn’t take 2 more years to see improvement as 2 more years of media bashing would be hell

Old Sol

Oct 22, 2018
Gold Coast
Well said, I hope however it doesn’t take 2 more years to see improvement as 2 more years of media bashing would be hell
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this list needed 2-3 years to come into its own.
If you think the media is bad now just wait untill we are winning and finals bound.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
As a Lions fan, we’ve seen a massive shift culturally, as well as significant improvement on field, without it actually impacting on the win column.

I’ve said in the past, and this is from the outside looking in, that it feels like GC are currently 2 years behind Brisbane.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
Gold Coast
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
As a Lions fan, we’ve seen a massive shift culturally, as well as significant improvement on field, without it actually impacting on the win column.

I’ve said in the past, and this is from the outside looking in, that it feels like GC are currently 2 years behind Brisbane.

You are on the improve no doubt, as for culture your captain is no shining light (flog) but the coach and admin are certainly working hard at it

Aug 2, 2012
Gold Coast
Golden State Warriors
Anyone else dealing with 100 non gc related stickies in the mobile app now? Seems like anything that gets stickied on the whole site gets added to the GC sub forum.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
On a side note, I hate the new site layout. Doesn’t feel minimalistic and easy to use.
I only come on here every now and then. Gets too hard to read the stuff you only wanna read.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Philadelphia 76ers
Aug 2, 2012
Gold Coast
Golden State Warriors
They want specific issues. Scotty_222 feedback and mine is general and that doesn’t appear to be wanted. It’s just clunky, not enjoyable to use at all. I love BF and I’m sure I will get used to it but it’s a step backwards
Totally, less is more.

Aug 2, 2012
Gold Coast
Golden State Warriors
They want specific issues. Scotty_222 feedback and mine is general and that doesn’t appear to be wanted. It’s just clunky, not enjoyable to use at all. I love BF and I’m sure I will get used to it but it’s a step backwards
Just reading the first couple pages shows that the issues I’m having with the site are the same as everyone else.
Even quoting text has got a lot more complicated

Mini GF

May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
Gold Coast
Just spent a few Beautiful Minutes on this Beautiful GC day reading the defeatist and self-pitying Zero Culture reactions of the precious and privileged Hawthorn Fans to Tom Mitchell’s broken leg. There’s a fan base with absolutely no resilience to a setback.
It’s made my day reading their pain and self-pitying. Scrimsook sure Has found a home over there with Ingrate Scum O’Meara.

Back to the pool deck. By the way I’m loving my new Broadbeach Home.
Good times in the Beautiful Little City.

Aug 17, 2010
Gold Coast
There’s going to be a fair bit of extra weight placed on O’Cockface’s dodgy knees with Mitchell going down. Their midfield looks that ordinary without Tom that I’m fancying our very young and inexperienced midfield group (if all fit) to do a number on them when we meet ... but it will probably be in Tassie again which will give them the home ground advantage .

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
Gold Coast
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
There’s going to be a fair bit of extra weight placed on O’Cockface’s dodgy knees with Mitchell going down. Their midfield looks that ordinary without Tom that I’m fancying our very young and inexperienced midfield group (if all fit) to do a number on them when we meet ... but it will probably be in Tassie again which will give them the home ground advantage .
Will give Clarkson a chance to throw some brown paper bags at our boys to join the Horks in 2020

Mini GF

May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
Gold Coast
Richmond featuring that absolute scum bucket Ingrate Tom Lynch are training right now at Bond Uni. It’s good to take some of their money injected into our community but given they on a yearly basis raid our club of players it at the same time really pisses me off to have them enjoy our city.

And go Rams!!!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
Gold Coast
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
4A9C77E7-2BD2-475C-8493-DB1987A9F6C3.jpeg

What a Karmichael Hunt

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Off topic so: Is anybody setting up a Supercoach League amongst the Suns faithful? If they are, I'm in and would be great to see as many of the regulars on here in weekly battle.