Multiplat PUBG: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - survival first/third person shooter

Remove this Banner Ad

It takes a lot of practice.... Spend some time in training, just setup at the range and work out for each weapon what it takes to hit a target.

Then you have to learn to check where you are at. I lost the opportunity to win my first chicken dinner a while back by not realising my main weapon was out of ammo. Completely.... So I charged in for the final kill, only to realise WTF ?? Promptly went prone, then threw a smoke grenade at him (not a stun, Molotov or frag) and then gave away my position by firing into a slight incline, when I should have crouched and quickly killed him... Every single thing I did was wrong, because in the panic of only two left, I wasn’t thinking straight....

It’s just practice. I’m better, but not great at distance marksmanship, unless I am stationary. Which I have to fix. As they hit me more often when I don’t move, than I do when they do move....

Lol pretty funny re your chicken dinner opportunity, I can only imagine the choke if I get myself into that situation

Thanks for all the tips though, much appreciated

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Lol pretty funny re your chicken dinner opportunity, I can only imagine the choke if I get myself into that situation

Thanks for all the tips though, much appreciated

My second ever game I finished third.

My first game I forgot which was the reload button and was killed by pan. About 15 seconds after landing.

So in this second game I had got some gear, wandered stealthily around and somehow survived until there was only three left. And I hadn’t even fired my gun yet....

Predictably, once I had fired a shot at someone, both players fired about 1000 rounds in my general direction, killing me instantly....

There is a steep learning curve.....

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeh i spent a little bit of time in practice but prob not enough

To start off with my biggest problem was forgetting to change from single shot to burst/auto, I dont know how many times i died trying to kill someone with assault rifle/machine gun firing off one shot at a time lol

I just was having a game just then , got an early kill with the vector, extended mags so much better, had a 2nd guy in my sights, he didnt know i was there, pretty pumped i was going to get 2 early quick kills, game froze

Game crashes are less common, but still annoying......

They never happen to the other guy, just when he is about to kill you...

Thanks. I’m slowly getting better, but it’s so close, but so far at times trying to get that first win. I think i have identified a few areas I need to practice on, but it’ll just take time.

******* frustrating though.....
I found it really helps to try and focus on your breathing. Slow, controlled breaths to keep your body and mind from being overwhelmed by the adrenaline that comes from the excitement/stress of the last few circles and last half dozen players.

After a while you realise that more often than not those last few players alive with you are just as every bit as prone to choking in the heat of the moment as you and me. In the odd instance that the most skilled players haven't succumbed to some BS RNG earlier in the game you can maximise your chances of winning by trying to let them finish each other off and then just unloading your clip in the survivors general direction.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I found it really helps to try and focus on your breathing. Slow, controlled breaths to keep your body and mind from being overwhelmed by the adrenaline that comes from the excitement/stress of the last few circles and last half dozen players.

After a while you realise that more often than not those last few players alive with you are just as every bit as prone to choking in the heat of the moment as you and me. In the odd instance that the most skilled players haven't succumbed to some BS RNG earlier in the game you can maximise your chances of winning by trying to let them finish each other off and then just unloading your clip in the survivors general direction.

I think I start thinking too much about how much I would like to finally win one, rather than focussing on actually ******* winning the thing first....

The first few times I was in that final one-v-one, it was more a mixture of WTF do I do now. Now, I'm at least trying to have a plan and execute it. I just got caught out by not quite getting out of the way of a frag blast (didn't quite get around the corner in time) - but my plan was a good one. It's also extremely advantageous to know where the other guy is. That's the single biggest factor (and the final circle moving in your favour) from what I've seen...

Still 80+ ping and shots from a crouch on a stationary target 50m away register nada 2/3 of the time.

Horrendous and I don’t know how you guys play it.

They murdered the Aus server scene and though I will give it a burl occasionally it’s not a destination game with friends any more.

Yeh it is frustrating, there has been a few times where myself and a guy have faced off from about 20 metres or so, both blazing at one another, I know i have had my sights on him, I have died and then straight away watched him to see how much damage i inflicted on him, amazingly sometimes they havent taken any

It is a shame as I have just gotten into this and actually enjoy it but it is frustrating

On the other side I was playing about 2AM last night and i was using the AKM, nice gun, and some guy was running about 80 or so metres away, and i frikken nailed him with head shots, i was in shock that the bullets went where i wanted and that I dropped him, unfortunately this seems to be a rarity

I will keep playing for a while longer til the frustration kills me

Still 80+ ping and shots from a crouch on a stationary target 50m away register nada 2/3 of the time.

Horrendous and I don’t know how you guys play it.

They murdered the Aus server scene and though I will give it a burl occasionally it’s not a destination game with friends any more.
Between 5pm and midnight we get OC servers with sub 20 ping every time in squads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got too many game mode options now to cater for OC FPP.

You let people choose solo/duo/squads, then TPP/FPP, and then 1 of 4 different maps and you're already up to 24 different combinations. Then consider all the other custom game modes and the test/experimentation servers that draw people away from the main game queues.

The local player base in the OC region is spread far too thinly across all of these options. Once the hype of the snow map dissipates you won't even be able to get OC games on any queue again.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
They've got too many game mode options now to cater for OC FPP.

You let people choose solo/duo/squads, then TPP/FPP, and then 1 of 4 different maps and you're already up to 24 different combinations. Then consider all the other custom game modes and the test/experimentation servers that draw people away from the main game queues.

The local player base in the OC region is spread far too thinly across all of these options. Once the hype of the snow map dissipates you won't even be able to get OC games on any queue again.
Yep, ideally you shouldn't be able to queue for a specific map, but people would just leave if they didn't get the one they want anyway.

Yep, ideally you shouldn't be able to queue for a specific map, but people would just leave if they didn't get the one they want anyway.
Correct.

They could try scheduling games when player numbers in a region aren't plentiful. So say you specifically wanted to play Sanhok in duos and in FPP. You'd be able to see that numbers in OC aren't great for that combo but that there is a game scheduled for it in 27 minutes. So you can book your spot for that game and then you can either wait in the lobby, or it could load you into the training map while you wait.

If you didn't want to wait that long then you could go try and get that game combo in a different region and just accept the lag; or you could just choose another game mode combo in OC that you'd also enjoy that might start sooner; or if you don't care you can select your team size and TPP/FPP and choose to quick-match which will just throw you into the next available game.

Waiting for a game that long might not be of interest to a lot of people but this system would leave them no worse off than how it is currently. Currently you either play exactly what you want and unless it's TPP squads you'll likely end up in a different region, or you take a gamble on whatever is available - both these options still exist in my idea. It just adds the option to allow people who are really keen for a specific option to wait for what they want.

In my case I'm happy to play any map and regardless of my team size I'm happy to be put up against squads. I just want a local FPP game. If I know there is a local FPP game happening at a frequent interval then I'll gladly cop playing Miramar (which isn't even that bad and certainly way better than a 300ms ping and getting killed to someone TPP'n you from behind a tree!)

Other simpler solutions could be:
  • Restricting map selection to either being a selection between the two big maps and the two smaller maps, or removing the choice altogether (at least when player numbers are low) and handing out soft bans for continually DC'ing from games (eg. 10 mins for doing it 3 times in an hour or something).
  • Removing duos option when player numbers are low (or making it 2-man squads if you really hate randoms)
  • Allow games to start earlier with 60-80 people or something

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Correct.

They could try scheduling games when player numbers in a region aren't plentiful. So say you specifically wanted to play Sanhok in duos and in FPP. You'd be able to see that numbers in OC aren't great for that combo but that there is a game scheduled for it in 27 minutes. So you can book your spot for that game and then you can either wait in the lobby, or it could load you into the training map while you wait.

If you didn't want to wait that long then you could go try and get that game combo in a different region and just accept the lag; or you could just choose another game mode combo in OC that you'd also enjoy that might start sooner; or if you don't care you can select your team size and TPP/FPP and choose to quick-match which will just throw you into the next available game.

Waiting for a game that long might not be of interest to a lot of people but this system would leave them no worse off than how it is currently. Currently you either play exactly what you want and unless it's TPP squads you'll likely end up in a different region, or you take a gamble on whatever is available - both these options still exist in my idea. It just adds the option to allow people who are really keen for a specific option to wait for what they want.

In my case I'm happy to play any map and regardless of my team size I'm happy to be put up against squads. I just want a local FPP game. If I know there is a local FPP game happening at a frequent interval then I'll gladly cop playing Miramar (which isn't even that bad and certainly way better than a 300ms ping and getting killed to someone TPP'n you from behind a tree!)

Other simpler solutions could be:
  • Restricting map selection to either being a selection between the two big maps and the two smaller maps, or removing the choice altogether (at least when player numbers are low) and handing out soft bans for continually DC'ing from games (eg. 10 mins for doing it 3 times in an hour or something).
  • Removing duos option when player numbers are low (or making it 2-man squads if you really hate randoms)
  • Allow games to start earlier with 60-80 people or something
I don't think anyone would want to wait 20+ minutes for a game that they could be killed within 1 minute of starting though.

I don't think anyone would want to wait 20+ minutes for a game that they could be killed within 1 minute of starting though.
True, most aren't going to want to wait for more than a couple minutes. It's more about helping players organise.

They've made a good move towards this recently as we can now tell before we even hit 'ready' whether or not there is enough people online to get a local game with those game mode settings.

What I'm suggesting is basically the next step in this. Effectively the game saying to players "hey, there's not enough people in your region looking for a game with those settings right at this very moment, but if you all come back in 20 minutes we should have enough to get a lobby going". And then it's those people who are happy to do a quick-match to get into the next available game that will make up the numbers.

20190111173545_1.jpg

I rule!

Dunno what happened but OC servers in both TPP and FPP every mode except duos!
19ms ping hell yeah!
Yeah but I’m so used to compensating for lag that it’s throwing me off.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Not a big fan of the snow map, loot generally seems to be pretty poor, especially AR/sniper wise.
People seem stuck on Sanhok/Snow map these days, Erangel is easily my favourite map but there is always a very long wait, especially for OC servers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back