Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Judd leaving. What hurt most was the timing. 12 hours after the overtime loss to Collingwood.
yep, then mainy`s death not long after that. Twas a rough month or so, the roughest ever in Eagles history.

2010 sucked, but by then we all knew we werent much of anything going by the last couple of years, plus the next year was redemption enough in hindsight to make 2010 acceptable.

2013 was just a such a let down, given what had been building the two years previous, but it proved to be the catalyst to the ultimate triumph.

Just the entire 2007-2010 period really. Losing Judd and Cousins, losing Mainy, winning a spoon, losing 7 Derby's on the trot. They were hard times but I'm glad I stuck by the club, watching the club grow and work towards this flag has made it all worth it.

I vividly remember watching the Round 19 game against the Dogs at Etihad in 2009, we won by 5 points and it was our first win away from Perth since Round 21, 2007. Almost 2 full years without an away win, you bet your bottom dollar I cried tears of joy that day.
I remember that game.

It was the first time we changed our travel routine going over a day later. I was travelling over to the shack and could feel the collective joy as they called the game over the radio.

2007. Should have at least made the GF.

Cousin's implosion.
Judd injured and left
Rojo retiring early
Kerrs injury and struggling being the main man for the rest of his career.
The drug saga

2007. Should have at least made the GF.

Cousin's implosion.
Judd injured and left
Rojo retiring early
Kerrs injury and struggling being the main man for the rest of his career.
The drug saga
All of the above , plus the worst part - Mainy’s death :’(

Sheesh how pissed would you be if you were Kerr, going from playing alongside Judd and Benny one minute...

To being tagged/scragged and carrying a bunch of bananas (Masten, Selwood, Ebert, Stevens,) for the rest of your career.

Bare in mind, the rest of his career from 2008-2013 only yielded another 72 games over six seasons.

Last edited:
Sheesh how pissed would you be if you were Kerr, going from playing alongside Judd and Benny one minute...

To being tagged/scragged and carrying a bunch of bananas (Masten, Selwood, Ebert, Stevens,) for the rest of your career.

Bare in mind, the rest of his career from 2008-2013 only yielded another 72 games over six seasons.
Kerr's retirement was really odd too. Woosha started dropping him but didn't explain why in a believable way. Then in the off season, woosh left and there were a few weeks of back and forth where it looked like he would play on, only to suddenly retire.

His legal issues started soon after, I've always suspected he was playing up off field so they quietly moved him on.

Kerr's retirement was really odd too. Woosha started dropping him but didn't explain why in a believable way. Then in the off season, woosh left and there were a few weeks of back and forth where it looked like he would play on, only to suddenly retire.

His legal issues started soon after, I've always suspected he was playing up off field so they quietly moved him on.
I thought it was revealed his knee was ****ed?

Just the entire 2007-2010 period really. Losing Judd and Cousins, losing Mainy, winning a spoon, losing 7 Derby's on the trot. They were hard times but I'm glad I stuck by the club, watching the club grow and work towards this flag has made it all worth it.

I vividly remember watching the Round 19 game against the Dogs at Etihad in 2009, we won by 5 points and it was our first win away from Perth since Round 21, 2007. Almost 2 full years without an away win, you bet your bottom dollar I cried tears of joy that day.
It was one of those wins that you remember what you were doing that day when you think back to it.

I thought it was revealed his knee was ******?
Woosha kept implying that but Kerr was adamant he could still play. I suspect it was on the way out, but I think a lot of players manage knee issues later in their career (I know Prid and Kennedy both have degenerative knee issues and Nick Reiwoldt had chronic problems for years).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From games I've been too-

2010. Brown's push in the back, resigning us to the spoon. It's always disappointing when Fremantle are performing better than us.

2013, the three big losses in the last few rounds. It was a crawl to the end of the season, and very hard to watch us crumble away. Especially after the success of the previous two seasons, coming from oblivion in 2011 and making the finals again in 2012. Wasn't a good way for a club legend like Woosha to leave.

2015, the numbness of defeat. Walking back from the MCG knowing you've travelled thousands of kilometres to see your team be outclassed by a far superior opponent.

2016, Elimination Final, coming into the game as clear favourites, especially after the 'Dogs were smashed two weeks before at Subi by the Dockers. Once again, barely fired a shot, were comprehensively beaten.

Thats dogs game wow.

I was just numb - couldnt believe it.

Season over just like that.

Felt a little better when they won the flag

Last edited:
Back