Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t you hope we’ve progressed far enough as a team to not care? Everyone knows what everyone else is doing these days thanks to data analytics and all of the strategic edge comes from that not observing match simulations in January.

Personally I would hope we haven’t invested a single minute looking into what other clubs are doing to gain a competitive advantage because it’s a minute not invested in improving ourselves. Basically, outside of recruiting intel where secrecy can be the difference between Pendles and JON, treating the supporters like mushrooms serves no tangible purpose, IMO.

Edit: I would also hope we save any super secret plays for our indoor sessions...
True, can't imagine that opposition would then practice how to overcome what we are doing as if different to other teams would have to multiply by x.

Indoor sessions and team meetings would be the place to keep inhouse.

True, can't imagine that opposition would then practice how to overcome what we are doing as if different to other teams would have to multiply by x.

Indoor sessions and team meetings would be the place to keep inhouse.

The main reason you'd watch other team's training is to copy effective drills. Eg. Team Y have shown great improvement in terms of front and centre crumbing. What drills are they doing?

The main reason you'd watch other team's training is to copy effective drills. Eg. Team Y have shown great improvement in terms of front and centre crumbing. What drills are they doing?
I realise that. Still doesn't mean that they can't upload the drills as most teams would have people attend open training and make notes.

Just heard from a reliable source within the confines of the cfc.. that the boys are out there training again.

Thought I'd keep everyone up to date with the latest developments at the club re.. and some question my involvement with the club.. ade re..
Nice choice of cologne Mr Gimp. Not what I expected of you.......I had you down as a Jōvan Musk sort of bloke.

Anyone wanna carpool it to Moe in their Hyundai I30 or some s**t like that for our pre season game?

The f if you think I'm gonna take my Maserati dodging cow s**t on the road. F that s**t re.
Don't you have a weekend car, a Lambo or something, that needs a run?

No wonder these country kids that get recruited to play in the big sticks don't wanna go back home.. they get their first wof of dior sauvage.. la nuit de l'homme.. creed aventus.. and s**t like that re.. and it's all over bar the shouting re.

Speaking of creed aventus.. you can get yourself a free bottle worth $450 80mls for the yr if you simply walk into your nearest myer or david jones and ask to sample it.. if they spray the s**t on a lil cardboard vlakia.. tell em naaaa mate.. I wanna spray it on my clothes and skin and s**t re.. they're sales people they won't mind.. do that s**t every fri or sat night and bang smackeroo re.. you've got yourself a free bottle of the s**t for the yr.. go rock it at the clubs re.. get on the blocks at kivotos and let that s**t waft through the air and you'll have the crowd mesmerized re.. oh what's that s**t your wearing re.. oh what's that s**t your wearing re.. your class.. the list goes on.. your response.. ade reeeeee.

It must be pretty sweet as a footy player. Finish the season get a break. Come back, rock up for 3 half days a week, then get an xmas break. Come back from that then a long weekend, only need to work 2 half days that week. They seem to be doing sweet * all most of the time.

It must be pretty sweet as a footy player. Finish the season get a break. Come back, rock up for 3 half days a week, then get an xmas break. Come back from that then a long weekend, only need to work 2 half days that week. They seem to be doing sweet **** all most of the time.
Nearly as good as radio announcer type.

At least the players better work on their personal program, stay super fit, keep their fats to acceptable levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must be pretty sweet as a footy player. Finish the season get a break. Come back, rock up for 3 half days a week, then get an xmas break. Come back from that then a long weekend, only need to work 2 half days that week. They seem to be doing sweet **** all most of the time.

I have a mate who just got delisted by Carlton and he is happier than he has been in a long time. His parents said "we have our boy back" They meant he was the boy they had known and loved again rather than a stressed, uptight, often miserable person under pressure all of the time. He is happy to be out of the system and said unless you are a top ten player, guaranteed a weekly game, it is a bloody hard slog. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.

I have a mate who just got delisted by Carlton and he is happier than he has been in a long time. His parents said "we have our boy back" They meant he was the boy they had known and loved again rather than a stressed, uptight, often miserable person under pressure all of the time. He is happy to be out of the system and said unless you are a top ten player, guaranteed a weekly game, it is a bloody hard slog. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.
And added, it was Carlton.

Extra punishment right there.

Midfield squeeze a happy headache for Pies

Collingwood’s shrinking injury list is set to provide Nathan Buckley with serious selection headaches this year as up to 15 senior Pies clamour for midfield minutes.

Pies onball star Adam Treloar is finally ready for match simulation games after a graduated pre-season coming off his twin hamstring issues last year.

He could soon be joined by Daniel Wells, who is making encouraging progress from last June’s season-ending lisfranc injury and clocking solid miles on the track.

The Pies are yet to chart a path back to senior football for Wells, in the last year of a lucrative contract, but Round 1 isn’t out of the question.

Collingwood boasts the No.1 ranked midfield in the competition, with Buckley’s main challenge is finding a way to squeeze the talent into Collingwood’s 22.

High-profile acquisition Dayne Beams has been managed through the summer given his age and experience, the 28-year-old conducting maintenance work on a tight back but otherwise in good shape.

Inside midfielder Brayden Sier proved a game-changer in Collingwood’s midfield after making his debut in Round 15 and will not be forced out any time soon.

Steele Sidebottom won the club’s Copeland Trophy from one wing and Tom Phillips finished fifth in the best-and-fairest on the other wing.

All of those midfield gains mean Buckley’s challenge is how to reward the summer toil of players like Josh Daicos, who came back from the off-season in excellent shape and has been excellent in match simulation.

It also allows him the luxury of keeping Jordan De Goey and Jaidyn Stephenson in the forward 50m despite both of them plying their trade as juniors in the midfield.

Players like Josh Thomas, Levi Greenwood and Travis Varcoe will have to continue their strong form to retain their positions.

The Pies midfield options include Beams, Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, de Goey, Varcoe, Thomas, Sier, Phillips, Chris Mayne, Greenwood, Daicos, Taylor Adams, Josh Thomas, Will Hoskin-Elliott and James Aish.

Sier played 89.5 per cent of his game time in the midfield last year, followed by Pendlebury (89 per cent), Phillips (87 per cent), Beams (86.8 per cent), Adams (79.9 per cent) and Treloar (76.2 per cent).

The Pies this year have six players who on average attended more than 50 per cent of centre bounces per game - Sier (88.4 per cent), Pendlebury (87.5 per cent), Beams (86.4 per cent), Adams (78.7 per cent), Treloar (58.4 per cent) and Sidebottom (58.4 per cent).

Treloar said this week he was finally escalating his training load after a quiet pre-Christmas period.

“This Friday will be solid and I will get some match simulation in and play some quarters and ultimately play AFLX and our scratch matches,’’ he said.

“I was pretty slow up until Christmas and then the plan was post Christmas break to really attack the second half of the pre-season and my main goal is to get through the match simulation and get as much run into my legs to prime myself for when the season starts.

“Monday and Friday match simulation I am well and truly in the thick of it and I love it.”

The Pies hope to have close to 40 fit players come Round 1, with Tim Broomhead (broken leg), Lynden Dunn (ACL), Matt Scharenberg (ACL) long-term injuries and Will Kelly rehabbing October ankle surgery.

Actually interesting you post this. I met a young man that had been a student under Bolton. He said that unless you were among the top ten, arrived early and were the last one to leave, he really wasn't interested in you.
He seems to have been a good young footballer (according to his mates) but because of the 'favoritism' lost interest in footy and doesn't even play suburban.

Problem is, when you retire, you can hardly walk from all the damage your body has endured- backs, legs, knees, ankles etc....albeit for a reasonable pay...for the better ones!

Actually interesting you post this. I met a young man that had been a student under Bolton. He said that unless you were among the top ten, arrived early and were the last one to leave, he really wasn't interested in you.
He seems to have been a good young footballer (according to his mates) but because of the 'favoritism' lost interest in footy and doesn't even play suburban.
Student as in when Bolton was a teacher?

Ive been fairly quiet of recent but its starting to get to that point of the year when footy is not far and we get to go again, excited to see where this group can go this year. Last year it really reminded me of the Collingwood of 2007.

Also, it has been mentioned above that Treloar has had a delayed start to pre season due to the hamstring issues he faced last year, does that mean he was definitely playing injured throughout the finals series? I mean cause if he had fully recovered he wouldn't of needed to have any further delays.

Ive been fairly quiet of recent but its starting to get to that point of the year when footy is not far and we get to go again, excited to see where this group can go this year. Last year it really reminded me of the Collingwood of 2007.

Also, it has been mentioned above that Treloar has had a delayed start to pre season due to the hamstring issues he faced last year, does that mean he was definitely playing injured throughout the finals series? I mean cause if he had fully recovered he wouldn't of needed to have any further delays.
It wasn't because of his hamstrings. He somehow suffered a calf injured in the off-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back