Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and Senator, just one more thing: love your suit!

Not 100% sure TBH. Most likely is he reinjured it and they then found the cause of the bleeding and fixed it. At least they now know why it was so bad and it has been sorted in the preseason. Should not be a problem from now on although, as I previously stated, he may need a further procedure to drain the liquified haematoma.
Not good for Round 1 then?

[B]Mark Stevens[/B]‏ @[B]Stevo7AFL[/B] Jan 31
More
We’ve been down this road before ... but ... Darcy Moore looking great this summer, sensational in @CollingwoodFC match sim today ... real bounce and spark. Played back on Mason Cox. Now all he needs is some luck.

Agree with this. We need a change of luck here.

Actually most replying to this just think he needs to grow balls, be less soft and maybe gain some ability and is only on the list because of his name.

Bad news about Howe. I got to one training session the other week and he seemed to participate in everything so something must have flared up.

Image from a week or so ago. This was a break during the match simulation which Jeremy Howe was a part of.

Pic wouldn't load because file was too large but Howe was fully involved and moving well. Setback must have occurred after this.

Last edited:
Too easy bro lel. If you enjoy being a mushroom all power too ya 👍

Edit: to clarify for any other similar OTT reactions. A simple update of “Howe is out of action due to x and will return to full training in a few weeks” (ala Grundy) will be sufficient.

An eagle eyed reporter picks up on AT’s post and suddenly the headlines “Howe in doubt for round 1” and all hell breaks loose. I’d also say they’ve known about it for some time given they only take the surgical path when the rest avenue has failed.

The flip side is why should all hell break loose? It's a long season. Only 7 players played every game in 2018 in what was 1 of our better years stability wise for some time so it's unrealistic not to expect a player will at some stage miss 1 or more games.

I actually though Howe was away for a funeral (not his own) so it's mildly interesting to hear he's having issues with a corky. Little more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is De Goey on light duties the entire preseason? Or have i missed something?
His dog ate one of his legs over the off season.
Pies are covering up.
Delist

Mark Stevens confirmed to me that it is a corkie. Thinks its in his same leg. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal.

I was worried when I saw Darcy Moore go off the ground and not come back. But thankfully it turns out he just got a knock to the head. He will be fine.
It is the same leg. A little more than a regular corkie as there was an anatomical reason he was having issues. That has now been surgically corrected (non invasively) so he will need more time off than usual....

It is the same leg. A little more than a regular corkie as there was an anatomical reason he was having issues. That has now been surgically corrected (non invasively) so he will need more time off than usual....
Glad it has been corrected. Thank god it's still pre season. Better this have happened now than during one of the games, like last season. Cheers for the info.

Jordy resumes full training next week.

JORDAN De Goey
is expected to resume training with Collingwood's main group next week, but has been definitively ruled out of taking part in AFLX.

The 22-year-old fan favourite would have been one of the first picked for the experimental format had he been available.

Sounds good to me;)

I did.

I got there before 10am and the players were already on the track.

Howe, Beams were absent.
Grundy was on the track, but mainly did jogging, running on the outside. Probably building up since he hasn't trained in a few weeks.
De Goey did his own program. Mostly running, but participated in some kicking drills, hand ball drills.

Rehab group also consisted of; Wells, Broomhead, Shaz, Dunn, Will Kelly, Crisp.

Goldsack and Ben Reid back in full training with main group.

I felt concerned when Moore suddenly went off the ground with a trainer, but that's now been stated its a minor head knock. Mark Stevens was next to me, and I think he was going to look info it.
Then when Adam Treloar and Jamie Elliot did something bizarre, I started to question what was going on. They jumped the fence and went inside the back way. They couldn't have possibly be injured at the same time. A while later, they came back on, so maybe they went to check the Super Bowl scores, haha.

There was lots of match sim going on. Understandably as we itch closer to JLT.

Impressed with the speed Dunn and Scharenberg were running along the sidelines.

I did.

Howe, Beams were absent.
Grundy was on the track, but mainly did jogging, running on the outside. Probably building up since he hasn't trained in a few weeks.
De Goey did his own program. Mostly running, but participated in some kicking drills, hand ball drills.

I felt concerned when Moore suddenly went off the ground with a trainer, but that's now been stated its a minor head knock. Mark Stevens was next to me, and I think he was going to look info it.
Then when Adam Treloar and Jamie Elliot did something bizarre, I started to question what was going on. They jumped the fence and went inside the back way. They couldn't have possibly be injured at the same time. A while later, they came back on, so maybe they went to check the Super Bowl scores, haha.

I have a feeling Treloar and Elliott are not NFL fans, particularly Elliott, so doubt the Super Bowl is the reason. Not sure though.

As for Darcy, the clip of the match sim the Pies have compiled shows Moore and I think Mayne having a sort of collision, could be that?

I have a feeling Treloar and Elliott are not NFL fans, particularly Elliott, so doubt the Super Bowl is the reason. Not sure though.

As for Darcy, the clip of the match sim the Pies have compiled shows Moore and I think Mayne having a sort of collision, could be that?
Yeah. That could be it. It was during the Match Sim. But we just tend to get worried when players that have had issues go off the field an hour into the session.

Whatever the reason Treloar/Elliot went off, obviously it was nothing serious. It was all lighthearted with Treloar giving a thumbs up to the players as they jumped the fence. Could have just been a bathroom break.

I did.

Howe, Beams were absent.

Me too (with my dog, who is now a Collingwood member!)

Observations.
- Match sim was the highlight of the session. There were some other ball movement drills prior to it around the ground but nothing like watching the teams line up against eachother.
- Overall we moved the ball really well I thought. Very clean and precise with the kicking about 90% of the time.
- Mark (one of the Irish lads) looks like a competitor. Took a couple of nice contested grabs (one against Reid), and puts in 100%. Long way from being a player, but some tools to work with
- Reid played forward (CHF) and was an okay target. He marked outside about 80 a couple of times and sent a couple of lasers into forward 50. He probably has the most low to the ground trajectory on his kicks from anyone across the club, which means the ball covers distance quickly. Will be useful in the CHF role at times this year just drilling it into an open forwardline.
- Callum Brown showed a bit at times in the middle
- Treloar was very good, showed good speed, great skills (unusual for him)
- Cox took a couple of good grabs, and showed a bit on the lead around the ground. Looking for a big year from him
- Elliott moved around a bit and looked unencumbered
- Moore had a minor head clash doing a great defensive push to be third man up. Looked sore, but he will be all good. God I wish he wouldn't do that at trainnig - save it for the games! Terrific intent though.

- Also impressed with Dunn's intensity (speed) and agility in some drills early on - given we are still 8 weeks away from round 1 I wouldn't think he'd be too far off. Shaz a little further behind
- Was not impressed with Wells. Looked overweight still, and wasn't seeming to be pushing too hard on his boundary runs, or being really all that present overall. Not expecting much from him this year.
- Broomhead was still running with quite a pronounced limp. Not sure if it is his natural gait or (more likely) still getting through the broken leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back