QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the thoughts on the draw released on Friday? Yeronga have 3 big games straight up and will show we’re they are at after dropping down from division 1.

Muddy hasn't been much talk from Yeronga in regards player retention and gains. I would think for them to get in hunt for Div 2 they would need to improve on last years list one would think.

Would be a tragedy if they weren't competitive in Div 2.

Fixture has been released

Round 1 is
Bond Uni v Alex Hills
Robina v Cooly
Coomera v Carrara
Viccy Point v Kenmore
Yeronga v Beenleigh,

Good Rd1 i think especially for the 2 new teams in the comp,
Yeronga taking on last seasons grand finalists should be very interesting, will give a good indication on how competitive the devils will be in the Div 2 comp,

Carrara @ Coomera will be an interesting game too. Coomera making finals last season will give Carrara a bit of a challenge in their first game in the Div 2 competition.

If they haven't recruited, which apparently they haven't - Yeronga will be bottom half again in Div 2. They were horrendous in Div 1 last year, wouldn't have played Div 2 finals.

Alex Hills and Kenmore the big moves based on who has turned up at both clubs.

Fixture has been released

Round 1 is
Bond Uni v Alex Hills
Robina v Cooly
Coomera v Carrara
Viccy Point v Kenmore
Yeronga v Beenleigh,

Good Rd1 i think especially for the 2 new teams in the comp,
Yeronga taking on last seasons grand finalists should be very interesting, will give a good indication on how competitive the devils will be in the Div 2 comp,

Carrara @ Coomera will be an interesting game too. Coomera making finals last season will give Carrara a bit of a challenge in their first game in the Div 2 competition.
Carrara will get the points in the opening round, Coomera won’t play finals next year

If they haven't recruited, which apparently they haven't - Yeronga will be bottom half again in Div 2. They were horrendous in Div 1 last year, wouldn't have played Div 2 finals.

Who have Alex Hills picked up?

Bond University had a percentage of 27.8% in their 1 win season in the Div 1 while Yeronga had a percentage of 36.3% in their 1 win season. I dont think people realize the massive jump between Div 2 and Div 1. Aspley were winning most games by 100 points in the Div 2 and didnt even make finals in the Div 1. I think Yeronga will be more competitive next season than what most people on here will believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bond University had a percentage of 27.8% in their 1 win season in the Div 1 while Yeronga had a percentage of 36.3% in their 1 win season. I dont think people realize the massive jump between Div 2 and Div 1. Aspley were winning most games by 100 points in the Div 2 and didnt even make finals in the Div 1. I think Yeronga will be more competitive next season than what most people on here will believe.

I think the gulf bn div 1 and 2 means that you need to keep your list from the previous season plus add 4-5 top 12 players. It’s not that easy keeping your list with qld footy being a reasonably transient code. Jobs, interest, movement to higher lower divisions. From my understanding aspley felt their 2017 list was better than their 2018 which made it tougher. Plus of course just the harder games leads to increased likelihood of injuries so need depth.

So construction of a new afl facility for Women’s team worth $15 mill. Wonder if it will be open to local leagues? Perhaps possibility for Park Ridge to move to an amazing new location? Don’t think there are any other clubs close that would benefit. Collingwood park if they still have a men’s team going?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last I heard about it was there was going to be compulsory access for community football groups as well (similar to Yeronga where they and others get access to the AFL facility on the bottom floor).

I know there was talk about community umpiring being relocated out that direction but that not happen now. I think the AFLQUA and the umpiring department are happy where community umpires train (reckon I'm allowed to say it given I am no longer in SE Queensland).

Last I heard about it was there was going to be compulsory access for community football groups as well (similar to Yeronga where they and others get access to the AFL facility on the bottom floor).

I know there was talk about community umpiring being relocated out that direction but that not happen now. I think the AFLQUA and the umpiring department are happy where community umpires train (reckon I'm allowed to say it given I am no longer in SE Queensland).

Heard AFLQ have been given the lease to Moorooka's Ground now? Apparently BCCgave AFLQ the nod over the club. So you can bet the umpires will start taking a stronger presence at that premises? Pretty hard pill for the new hard working Chooks Committee to swallow.

Also emergency meeting at Yeronga tonight. Might be seeing another former Div 1 Club slide back to Friday Night Footy only. Apparently numbers have been very average. I know Pirates through out a joint venture idea for both Clubs to stay in Div 1 but Yeronga Committe knocked back offer.

Yeronga not even going to have enough for a crack at div 2? That’s disappointing!

What does everyone think about the new rules?
Not a massive fan of the water carriers not been aloud on the ground at all during play!! Hard enough to get 1 water carrier but now they have to run out in a break in play then run off before play starts again is bullshit!!

Yeronga not even going to have enough for a crack at div 2? That’s disappointing!

Not a massive fan of the water carriers not been aloud on the ground at all during play!! Hard enough to get 1 water carrier but now they have to run out in a break in play then run off before play starts again is bullshit!!

I don't think they are implementing that rule.

Think the good midfield set ups will have a field day at centre bounces.

The first use with no pressure from back of square will put defenders under the pump you would think.

Heard AFLQ have been given the lease to Moorooka's Ground now? Apparently BCCgave AFLQ the nod over the club. So you can bet the umpires will start taking a stronger presence at that premises? Pretty hard pill for the new hard working Chooks Committee to swallow.

Also emergency meeting at Yeronga tonight. Might be seeing another former Div 1 Club slide back to Friday Night Footy only. Apparently numbers have been very average. I know Pirates through out a joint venture idea for both Clubs to stay in Div 1 but Yeronga Committe knocked back offer.

What was the outcome for Yeronga? Playing on?

Only just realised Park Ridge has pulled out of div 1? Very disappointing. Explains why this chat has been so quiet hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back